Training Skill in Mercenaries

#1IsegrimPosted 4/23/2013 11:50:30 PM
Ok, I already had 2 people trying to play Mercenaries with me equipped with training (a.k.a. God Mode) skill. One of them had a 99999999 high score or something. What's up with that? Did someone recently release fully hacked copies of RE6 in some far-off country and being played online with stealth-equipped 360's?

I'm not the snobby type who quits a game once they see someone's high score isn't in the million range. I'm willing to play with anyone no matter how bad they are but I'd quit if they try coming in with training skill.
---
I believe in the Sony Timer.
#2sniperfox29Posted 4/24/2013 2:46:54 AM
Quick google search (as in literally five seconds) reveals the following.

People are hacking their gamesaves and using a hidden in game feature. Its not illegal in the strictist sense of the word, but Capcom will DQ you from any online events due to your save game being altered (they can detect that).

If you wish to enter any events, you have to beg capcom and hope they believe that your save file was "corrupted" (of course, they're not going to believe that if you suddenly start posting scores in the millions, but there you go).
---
I'm back, and worse than ever.
GT - Sniperfox29
#3Safer_777Posted 4/24/2013 3:55:52 AM
There is a training skill?And why hack the game?
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#4sniperfox29Posted 4/24/2013 3:58:38 AM
Think of it as a developers tool used when debugging the game.
---
I'm back, and worse than ever.
GT - Sniperfox29
#5Nagasada_MoriPosted 4/25/2013 12:35:39 AM
Yeah, it literally takes less than two minutes of save game editing to equip this skill.

It's all good and fun if you're playing story mode offline or with a friend, but when people start using it on the online modes it is really irritating.
#6SinisterBladePosted 4/25/2013 6:51:40 AM
Im a Soul Calibur V player, theres a similar save-edit used in that game to unlock 3 costumes found in game (Legendary Souls) but never released, as the costume pack DLC was cancelled. Technically your not supposed to do this, but trust me nobody cares.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#7MusambaniPosted 5/3/2013 10:44:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]