From Worst Campaign to best, which order should I play?

#1JManGTPosted 5/18/2013 5:30:32 PM
Which order should I play? (Co-op Worst to Best) - Results (139 votes)
Chris, Leon, Jake
7.91% (11 votes)
Chris, Jake, Leon
29.5% (41 votes)
Jake, Chris, Leon
12.23% (17 votes)
Jake, Leon, Chris
12.23% (17 votes)
Leon, Chris, Jake
25.9% (36 votes)
Leon, Jake, Chris
12.23% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So which is the best order?
And please don't say "oh chapters 1-2 as chris then 1-2 as Jake" blah blah blah
I don't have a two second memory span so I'm not doing this.
I'm doing full character campaign play throughs in co-op.
---
Sebastien Loeb
Undefeated World Champion 2004-2012 (WRC Retired)
#2EdalborezPosted 5/18/2013 10:09:39 PM
The listed order (Leon Chris Jake) is best for easing into gameplay. I feel Chris and Jake early chapters are a bit harder than Leon's. And their bosses are a little more demanding on resources and being good at diving to dodge attacks.

If you don't care about that then Chris/Jake (whichever) with Leon last.
#3Lightning_fanPosted 5/19/2013 6:46:39 PM
Edalborez posted...
The listed order (Leon Chris Jake) is best for easing into gameplay. I feel Chris and Jake early chapters are a bit harder than Leon's. And their bosses are a little more demanding on resources and being good at diving to dodge attacks.

If you don't care about that then Chris/Jake (whichever) with Leon last.

This also Jake's campaign has the most QTE's...
The quality of the campaigns is in that order imo as well.
#4sbn4Posted 5/22/2013 5:37:16 PM
Chris, Leon, Jake

Chris' is by far the most consistent in terms of gameplay, features minimal QTEs and button prompts, etc. Many don't particularly like the fact that it is so action heavy, but I don't know how anyone can deny that this is the best playing campaign. As in, it makes the best use of the controls and mechanics. Its still a really mediocre third person shooter, but the other campaigns are worse.

Leon's starts of really annoying. You are forced to walk through a boring section where nothing happens. Its not tense or atmospheric, just annoying to be limited to walking. Then it picks up a little in the first two chapters. But his campaign just dies after that. The horror that Capcom was shooting for is completely gone. It becomes more over the top than Chris' scenario. And zombies feel really cheap in comparison. Also throw in infuriating amounts of QTEs, stick waggling, and button prompts for good measure.

Jake's campaign, is just..... garbage. There is next to nothing redeeming about this campaign. Its all over the place, has no idea what it wants to be, and it literally is one of the worst things I've played in recent gaming history.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#5JCusterPosted 5/22/2013 9:30:15 PM
^Have to agree. Jake's campaign is just a mess of mini-games where they get captured and escape all over again, and Leon's could have been more like LIN, but fell apart around the cathedral and beyond(the underground necropolis was very out of place). I've been trying to work up an urge to play through both Leon and Jake's campaign for months now, but I don't think I'll touch those ever again.

I've been thinking for a while now that the main campaigns in this game should have just been Chris and Leon(splitting the difference between action and horror), with unlockable Ada tying both campaigns together. Jake and Sherry could have just acted as plot devices in this game. They honestly didn't need a campaign if it was going to be that uninteresting. I wouldn't have minded seeing Leon/Chris vs Ustanak at different points. Chris's was pretty action heavy, but I've played and enjoyed that one the most.
---
"I'll make you MEOW, b####!!"
#6sbn4Posted 5/22/2013 10:32:31 PM
I've been saying that for months. Thank you for resonating it again. If Capcom just focused on Chris and Leon and made each well. this game would have benefited from it. There could have been an actual team up with Chris and Leon instead of just one stupid cutscene.

Jake's should have been scrapped entirely and just had it play out through cutscenes. Jake comes out of nowhere and isn't particularly likable, and while I didn't mind Sherry, she didn't really add much to the game.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#7Dark__ThronePosted 5/23/2013 10:23:49 AM
urgh

I think the worst thing about Jake's campaign is honestly Jake. I can't stand that annoying character. Not to mention the stealth sections were lame, the snow-storm section was just annoying since you were constantly picked at by snipers and the motorbike part just felt like trial and error.

And the entire kung fu fight with Ustanak just felt out of place for a Resident Evil game.

Terrible campaign.
#8Wilmore99Posted 5/23/2013 12:03:56 PM
Leon, Chris, Jake was the way I played it.
---
"He's a horse's ass, and he smells about the same most of the time, but I say he's good people."
#9kenneth_velezPosted 5/23/2013 2:48:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10nazacuckooPosted 5/24/2013 4:40:44 AM
Leon's campaign is the best, Chris's is probably the worst, and Jake's campaign is REALLY inconsistent. Everyone voted the option to play Leon's first, but not because they though it was the worst, but because they think it's best and they want you to play it first,
or else they just didn't read the OP.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.