From Worst Campaign to best, which order should I play?

#11ValeriumPosted 5/24/2013 6:21:21 AM
Leon, Chris then Jake, the default order.
#12UnfoolishPosted 5/26/2013 5:31:32 PM
Each campaign has its faults whether or not if it was intentionally designed that way.

Chris Campaign - Ch2 is is definitely the best chapter of his campaign, it was directed real well and went though a flashback of what happened. Ch1 is OK. Ch3 was good since the giant Snake was a homage to classic RE fans BUT the Ada chase scene when you are playing Chris and Piers is absolutely ridiculous to the extreme SOOOOO bad. Chapter 4 is OK, I did find the flying somewhat interesting. Chapter 5 is just so terrible, the final boss fight is one of the worst in any game, design is terrible, ending cutscene is alright but that Ch5 is a mess in gameplay.

Leon Campaign - Ch1 starts very slow, reminds me of the demo which might have turned away potential sales. However, the rest of the chapter was real good. I enjoyed it minus the beginning. Ch2 I enjoyed as well and it makes me like it the same way I liked Chris Ch2. Ch3 was OK as in exploration, I did like the shark and the swimming did not bother me as much...I have a fear of drowning so I'm glad the underwater section was manageable. Ch4 is a cool part except Simmons is such a terrible boss by design, that ruined it for me. Ch5 is a total mess, Simmons is terrible especially playing one particular part as Ada is absolutely bad to its core. I avoid Leon Ch4 and Ch5, it has no replay value and the QTE were over the top and the climbing is awful and painful to play.

Jake Campaign - I like Ch1 definitely the best one I actually enjoy playing. Ch2 is good but getting lost in the snow is super annoying and the worst part ever is the snowmobile......... I can't help but facepalm that part but however I did like the mining caverns section. Ch3 I liked as in exploring and playing karate with Jake and Sherry in the detention facility, very not RE but it felt fun for some odd reason. Ch4 I enjoyed mostly because of the story intersections and if you are lucky, you get matched online with other players up to 4, the only redeeming quality of this chapter is running into Leon, Helena and Ada players online on top of Agent Hunters joining your game as a creature. I like the overall interaction of playing with others concept. Ch5 is OK... Haos and Simmons break the game for me.

Ada Campaign - I liked Ch1 up until the part of the sinking, yet I told you I have a fear of drowning, this did not help me but instead felt like a panic attack. I liked Ch2, Ch3 and Ch4. I can't really say why but I really have fun and continue replays for these three particular chapters. Ch5 in the chopper is the worst part for me, it's so badly designed like Jake's snowmobile, Chris's Ada car chase scene, Jake's Motorcycle chase scene, Simmons chase scene....ALL terribly bad, I positively hate it. Even Simmons fight is a gigantic pain in the rear, I always pray story intersection matched online LOL
#13JCusterPosted 5/27/2013 5:22:49 AM
sbn4 posted...
I've been saying that for months. Thank you for resonating it again. If Capcom just focused on Chris and Leon and made each well. this game would have benefited from it. There could have been an actual team up with Chris and Leon instead of just one stupid cutscene.

Jake's should have been scrapped entirely and just had it play out through cutscenes. Jake comes out of nowhere and isn't particularly likable, and while I didn't mind Sherry, she didn't really add much to the game.

Exactly. Jake and Sherry solely as cutscenes and Mercenaries characters would have been great. Other than that, I found Sherry to be weak and useless, and Jake annoying and there just for the sake of adding a Wesker-like character.
---
"I'll make you MEOW, b####!!"
#14DarkD3stinyPosted 5/29/2013 5:04:03 AM
Worst is Jake then Leon then Chris imo.
---
(Q) Whats the difference between a hacker and a booster? (A) They both use different unlegit methods to achieve the same goal.
#15ArchiantagonistPosted 5/29/2013 10:50:32 AM
Chris ............Jake...Leon...Ada

Chris is an absolute worst...everything else is pretty close by, in comparison to it.
That is unless you're a big fan of cheezsiness for some reason, then Chris's is an absolute best
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#16DarkD3stinyPosted 5/30/2013 1:30:03 AM
Archiantagonist posted...
Chris ............Jake...Leon...Ada

Chris is an absolute worst...everything else is pretty close by, in comparison to it.
That is unless you're a big fan of cheezsiness for some reason, then Chris's is an absolute best

When people say cheesiness the thought of Leon in re4 pops up in my head for some reason.
#17ArchiantagonistPosted 5/30/2013 3:17:39 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...
When people say cheesiness the thought of Leon in re4 pops up in my head for some reason.

Probly cos' it's true))
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#18DarkD3stinyPosted 6/2/2013 9:07:51 AM
Wilmore99 posted...
Leon, Chris, Jake was the way I played it.

Enjoyed it or would you have changed it?
---
Read my topic on the xbox one gamefaqs forum. Topic is called ... If you dont want xbones current DRM then the solution is dont buy the xbone ...
#19JCusterPosted 6/4/2013 8:53:47 PM
It's RE, so you have to expect some level of cheesiness:

Chris's laughable need for "vengeance"
Ada's thinking out loud(or talking to her imaginary Agent pal)
Jake's bad-assitude(the generic tough guy)
Leon's terrible one-liners(as always)
Piers and his constant white-knighting

I pretty much hated all vehicle sections except the flying one(Including Leon's qte on how to start a car. Really Capcom? And can't Leon drive without rolling the damn thing over?).

Simmon's destroyed any replay value for Leon's campaign(way too many forms, and he could talk...great). Haos I didn't mind: it's supposed to be the ultimate life form, so It should take a crapload of punishment(just too much cinematic "escaping"). Carla the blob? Great, and creepy too(didn't like the fact she could talk, but whatever).

Ustanak? Very under utilized, only liked the fight in the abandoned warehouse in the beginning and in China when you team up with Leon. Imagine Jill Valentine karate-kicking the Nemesis to death, and you'd see what I mean. The shark thing underground was terrible, just felt out of place as much as the damn necropolis. Thought I was playing House of the Dead or some other crappy arcade rail shooter.

As far as I'm concerned, Leon and Jake are tied for worst, with Chris as the best. I'd always wanted to see more of the BSAA since RE5 and Revelations, so that worked for me.
---
"I'll make you MEOW, b####!!"