Are the other 3 campaigns any better than leons?

#11Coolgecko8Posted 6/6/2013 9:10:51 AM
Leon's is my favorite. Loved every chapter except parts of 5

Jake is overall good except for chapter 2

Chris is good except for Chapter 3 and 5 (but the opening cutscene to chapter 5 is by far my favorite in the whole game)

I only really liked Chapter 1 and 2 of Ada. But I haven't played any Ada campaign for a while, I might replay it today actually
---
The only correct way to play as Police Officer Helena is to play Bad Boys through the mic.
#12MeagamasterPosted 6/8/2013 10:30:28 PM
sbn4 posted...
Don't know how you think Chris feels out of character. He's always been a hot head who does first and thinks later.

It completely degraded his character growth throughout the series. This last attempt to challenge him in the story was a complete hack, not to mention downright insulting to the fans who have been following his growth throughout the series.

It was time for capcom to retire his character and they decided to milk him instead.
---
GOLF IS LIFE
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#13Silent Sniper IV(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 4:45:16 AM
I finished it today, here's my opinions:

Leon: Worst gameplay, best atmosphere. The amount of QTE nonsense was terrible, and the mine/crypt sections were pretty bad.

Christ: Best gameplay, worst story

Sherry: Somewhere in the middle between chris and leon, but since roughly 3/4 of her story was revealed in the chris/leon campaigns, it felt pointless.

Ada: Story felt dumb, gameplay was ok, but overall interesting.

Overall, I wasn't a big fan of this installment. I think it's about time for a franchise reboot. Here's hoping revelations is better. Lord knows operation racoon city wasn't :V
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#14RygonPosted 6/9/2013 8:08:03 AM
I think the total opposite as you. I thought Leon's gameplay was the best because the zombies were more fun than J'avo, and Chris' story was the best with the strongest ending.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#15Silent Sniper IV(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 12:27:23 PM
My problem with leons was pacing and QTEs. I absolutely hate QTEs and they were everywhere and ridiculous. Mash A 100x to escape big fish. Alternate LT RT to climb. Pilot the helicopter with QTEs, and so on. Instant buzzkill for me. The other problem with leons is that it spent too much time slowly walking around doing nothing (1-1) and solving inane puzzles. It just felt like a mishmash of everything that annoyed the hell out of me.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#16masked_yazooPosted 6/9/2013 4:17:28 PM
Sherry: Somewhere in the middle between chris and leon, but since roughly 3/4 of her story was revealed in the chris/leon campaigns, it felt pointless.

You didn't play as Jake? Oh c'mon Dude, you are missing a lot of things.
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"
#17RygonPosted 6/9/2013 5:36:24 PM
Sherry's pretty cool. She has that unique stun stick.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#18Reinez0001Posted 6/11/2013 4:52:30 AM
I thought Leon's campaign was the worst out of all of them. The storyline was so cliche and boring - not to mention half the boss fights in it are against the same person. After that I was pleasantly surprised by Chris's campaign - the enemies were more fun to kill and the storyline was more interesting.

As for Jake I'd say the campaign in that is... satisfactory. And Ada's campaign is a blast.
#19NocturneD85Posted 6/11/2013 10:33:24 PM
Leon's was best for me but then it goes downhill once I'm halfway through Chris's but still okay, same with Jakes, Ada is a mixed bag.
---
Itachi Uchiha's Liscense Plate: ULAK H8RED
#20point2blankPosted 6/25/2013 2:08:30 PM
Leon > Chris > Sherry/Ada. None of them were particularly interesting or enjoyable. I thought Resident Evil 4 was a blast and is one of my favorite games of all time. 5 was forgettable. 6 was garbage. I didn't even want to finish it, I forced myself hoping it would get better. It did not. The most egregious part were the overlapping stories that forced me to play the same (boring) gameplay segments over and over (with little variation).

The entire series has become so convoluted, stupid and pointless that it either needs to be rebooted (in a major way) or just die off. I've played almost every RE game to date and have been a huge fan of the series for over a decade, but the last two installment were garbage. I played revelations on the 3DS and found it to be pretty meh. Boring environment, boring, dumb new strain of virus, boring new enemies, uninspired direction and design...just bleh. I actually enjoyed RE:ORC more so than anything else released in the past 8 years. While the gameplay was a major diversion from classic RE gameplay it at least brought everything else back to basics.

There was a city, with zombies, who were in much need of some ass kicking. Not 10 different viruses made by 5 different corporation headed by new forgettable antagonists with retarded motives.