Chasing Shadows (EX3 Event)

#1RekoisCoolPosted 6/2/2013 9:13:41 AM
2306/7000 at the moment and we only have 3 days left. The community has died down a lot, so the chances of us reaching the target number isn't looking too good at the moment. Sadly, I'm not motivated enough to torture myself by playing that awful campaign anymore since I only have Jake and Sherry left to unlock and I don't care for either of the costumes. Anyone else feeling like there is "No Hope" for us for this event?
#2Coolgecko8Posted 6/2/2013 10:17:13 AM
Yeah, I usually try to be hopeful when it comes to stuff like this.
But with 2358/7000(as of now) it's becoming obvious that we won't reach it.

Which sucks cause it's an EX3 event, and with Revelations being out, Capcom is trying to shift focus to that.

Most of my RE6 friends have either moved on to Revelations or just don't care for the event.

Doesn't help it that we have to go through one of the most drawn out and scripted sections of the game

At least the next EX3 is Neutralize the Threat 2, which should be much easier to meet the goal

If anyone's up for going through Section 3-3 to 3-6 a few times, I'm game.
---
The only correct way to play as Police Officer Helana is to play Bad Boys through the mic.
#3Mariofan15Posted 6/2/2013 12:03:56 PM
Yeah. I dont think we'll meet the target goal for this. Honestly,they should just make the EX 3 costumes DLC allready. I dont even feel like going back to RE 6 anymore since Revelations is so much fun.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4685-8577-8710
#4IsegrimPosted 6/2/2013 2:37:24 PM
Sorry, didn't know this topic existed. PS3 has better luck though. They should just waive the kill requirements entirely similar to the PC.

I have this theory that maybe, just maybe Capcom will add the required kills on the sly so as not to discourage the few people remaining. Hope I'm right though if we really can't make it on our own.

I can only do 2 medals nightly but maybe I'll go for three for the next few days.
---
I believe in the Sony Timer.
#5Coolgecko8Posted 6/2/2013 4:23:43 PM
Isegrim posted...
Sorry, didn't know this topic existed. PS3 has better luck though. They should just waive the kill requirements entirely similar to the PC.

I have this theory that maybe, just maybe Capcom will add the required kills on the sly so as not to discourage the few people remaining. Hope I'm right though if we really can't make it on our own.

I can only do 2 medals nightly but maybe I'll go for three for the next few days.

I know what you mean. I had plan to go through the section at least 5 or 6 times a day, but seeing how far we are from the goal just demotivates me from going through the same 25+ minute section over and over again.

Doesn't mean I'll stop. Just I'm lowering my number of runs to 3 a day.
---
The only correct way to play as Police Officer Helena is to play Bad Boys through the mic.
#6UnfoolishPosted 6/3/2013 1:10:43 AM
I wouldn't mind if this was a target event for the Giant Snake kill count but the fact I have to go through the rest of the chapter ESPECIALLY the Ada car chase scene... it just ruins it for me.

The things I hate so much about RE6 is the Ada car chase scene, Sherry snowmobile avalanche, Jake motorcycle chase, Haos chase, Ada sinking submarine, ALL Simmons related fights.

Ustanak was real fun, I think that's what they got right given with how messy Jake's campaign was.

Ada's Ch2, 3 and 4 are really the only replay value I have with this game. I really can't enjoy the other campaigns....no alternate costumes gives me no motivation. RE5 had that!
#7kenneth_velezPosted 6/3/2013 1:51:41 AM
Alternate costumes and filters made it interesting, to at the very least watch the cutscenes. . .

I like Chris's second Stage, the last 3 portions of Leon's first stage and. . . well that is pretty much it for me.

IF this stage wasn't so long (the chase scene is bad, not as bad as Stage 5 as Chris a a whole but still pretty bad) for the event I would consider doing it. . . that and the redesign for the REnet is pretty annoying for me to even bother looking it up. Feels muddled and they don't really let me log in.
#8RekoisCool(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 8:37:25 AM
Unfoolish posted...
I wouldn't mind if this was a target event for the Giant Snake kill count but the fact I have to go through the rest of the chapter ESPECIALLY the Ada car chase scene... it just ruins it for me.

The things I hate so much about RE6 is the Ada car chase scene, Sherry snowmobile avalanche, Jake motorcycle chase, Haos chase, Ada sinking submarine, ALL Simmons related fights.

Ustanak was real fun, I think that's what they got right given with how messy Jake's campaign was.

Ada's Ch2, 3 and 4 are really the only replay value I have with this game. I really can't enjoy the other campaigns....no alternate costumes gives me no motivation. RE5 had that!

I absolutely HATE the car chase scene, which is why I'm not motivated to play through the awful chapter anymore. Why couldn't they just keep the event as kill counts instead of changing it to the medals? Forcing us to play through the entire last half of the campaign is just horrible :/
#9ValeriumPosted 6/3/2013 3:59:06 PM
I dont see it happening.
#10RekoisCool(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 5:00:28 PM
Only two days left and we aren't even halfway through. We aren't going to make it.