I kinda... really like this game.

#11Bank_HolidayPosted 6/14/2013 7:50:52 AM
This game is pure brilliance... Leon's campaign is classic resident evil, updated for current gen.
Chris campaign is a bit more of a bro fest with homo erotic under(over?)tones, and i love it,
Jakes and Ada's are just bonuses to round out 10/10 from me.

The gameplay is awesome, and personally i never found any of them scary, so the more action focus doesnt bother me.
#12SiLVeR_420Posted 6/17/2013 7:15:33 AM
RiFF-RaFF posted...
RE6 took what made RE4 great and made it trash. Your opinion sucks. Deal with it.

Why are you here 8 months after the game has released?
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#13UnfoolishPosted 6/17/2013 1:40:00 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
RiFF-RaFF posted...
RE6 took what made RE4 great and made it trash. Your opinion sucks. Deal with it.

Someone who has nothing better to do with his life and whine about something to keep himself busy LOL
#14SinisterBladePosted 6/17/2013 2:00:28 PM
Unfoolish posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
RiFF-RaFF posted...

Someone who has nothing better to do with his life and whine about something to keep himself busy LOL

Which is also why his opinion means nothing. I enjoy when people hate or bash a game, yet apparently cannot stop talking about it and are on the board all the time.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#15MeagamasterPosted 6/19/2013 2:01:11 AM
NillzGrillz posted...
Dave_Gahan posted...
RE4 is infinitely better than this trash.

The only reason RE4 is considered better than this "trash" is because it reinvigorated the genre. It also completely removed the horror from the old games and replaced it with shiny new action, which 5 and 6 also used.

It's fine to like RE4 better than 6, that's your own choice and opinion, but to call 6 trash when all it does it streamline 4's experience and build upon what 4 started--and do it well, in fact--it just makes you come off as a lazy fanboy who's parroting what all of the other REtards have complained about since 4 came out. And this is coming from someone who prefers the old games, so don't try to knock me into the "not a true fan" category, because that's certainly not the case.

Resident Evil has changed, for better or worse, and the old games aren't coming back, so it's about time stop complaining about anything that isn't REmake and start focusing on the positives of the new games in the series--of which there are plenty.

I wouldn't say that this is the only reason RE4 was better than this game. Sure it made the series more action oriented but it still had a horror atmosphere (Which despite my overall stance on this game is why I like Leon's campaign). It also had a solid story that was simple, whereas this games story is almost convoluted and Downright insulting to the audience. Not to mention they where recycling Chris for the sake of fan service and whats more NOTHING happened to really make the audience care for what happened to the characters in later installments outside of the tease relationship between Leon and Ada.

While I agree that alot of people who protest this game do so because they have their nostalgic goggles on and need to look at the good that has come out of recent releases (Revelations). The defenders also need to take a step back and realize there there are some things fundamentally wrong with this game. I will however give that this game has excellent cutscenes and the acting was spot on in most parts.

If this game is trash then at least the trashcan is shiny.
---
GOLF IS LIFE
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#16sbn4Posted 6/19/2013 5:24:01 PM
This game is filled with a lot of bad game design that RE4 doesn't have. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather play RE6 because RE4 is far too cumbersome for me now. But RE4 was a well made game with few technical flaws, where as RE6 has a lot and it has an AAA budget.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#17tadmfpolePosted 6/21/2013 3:00:20 AM
I really like this game too. I owned Resident Evil the day it came out for the PS1, so it is definitely not a "started with the old ones so can't like the new ones" thing. I do much prefer the old games and REmake is my favorite by a good stretch, I doubt they will ever achieve that level of brilliance in another RE game. I do really enjoy RE6 though, and I understand that folks are dissappointed with it but it is not a bad game. This is one of the most under rated over hated titles in the series.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#18AznRatLPosted 6/21/2013 4:09:22 PM
Werd. This game is awesome, sure it's not like old resident evil but that doesnt mean it sucks lolol. I love little girls who cry when it comes to old school nostalgia RE.

This game is fun as hell
---
I dont give a F*** about anything, I'm so H*gh I wont Remember It
GT: Mr sinister8
#19RiFF-RaFFPosted 6/22/2013 10:34:20 AM
The game is broken.
---
RiP LiL SNUPE
#20tadmfpolePosted 6/29/2013 2:44:42 AM
I am curious as to what it is about RE4 that is better than RE6? They are very similar games with the exception of the coop gameplay. There are of course other minute differences but I am having trouble understanding how someone can think 4 is the greatest thing ever and think this is garbage.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned