I kinda... really like this game.

#21SinisterBladePosted 6/29/2013 7:15:06 PM
tadmfpole posted...
I am curious as to what it is about RE4 that is better than RE6? They are very similar games with the exception of the coop gameplay. There are of course other minute differences but I am having trouble understanding how someone can think 4 is the greatest thing ever and think this is garbage.

Michael Bay didn't direct RE4, QTE's where not so common they had to patch the ability to turn them off due to public outcry. Actual challenge, no starting Professional with old weapons items or bonus guns. Things like that typically.

And before anybody says im a RE6 hater, think again. Ive defended this game since launch here and otherwise, I actually quite enjoy it, but comparing it to RE4 is an insult.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#22tadmfpolePosted 6/30/2013 2:08:50 AM
They aren't identical by any stretch but 4, 5, and 6 share very similar game play in comparison to the rest of the series. I guess 6 just went too far for a lot of folks because I know a lot of people who endlessly praise 4 and even 5 but think 6 is an abomination.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#23RygonPosted 7/10/2013 5:28:50 AM
I like this game a lot. The two biggest "outrages", Action and Co-op are things that I like, so I don't see how they qualify the game as bad. But there's pretty much no discussing this on the internet, where this game killed everyone's dog, so just be pleased by yourself and enjoy the game.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#24RygonPosted 7/10/2013 5:35:21 AM
SinisterBlade posted...
tadmfpole posted...
I am curious as to what it is about RE4 that is better than RE6? They are very similar games with the exception of the coop gameplay. There are of course other minute differences but I am having trouble understanding how someone can think 4 is the greatest thing ever and think this is garbage.

Michael Bay didn't direct RE4, QTE's where not so common they had to patch the ability to turn them off due to public outcry.

Resident Evil 4 was doing QTE even before God of War. After Shenmue, it helped popularize the concept! The idea that QTEs are some mistake RE6 did but excludes RE4 is absurd, and shows you're out of touch with the game RE4 was. All the recent complaints about RE not being like it's roots are on the shoulders of RE4.
---
#25SinisterBladePosted 7/10/2013 8:07:56 AM
Rygon posted...
SinisterBlade posted...
tadmfpole posted...

Michael Bay didn't direct RE4, QTE's where not so common they had to patch the ability to turn them off due to public outcry.

Resident Evil 4 was doing QTE even before God of War. After Shenmue, it helped popularize the concept! The idea that QTEs are some mistake RE6 did but excludes RE4 is absurd, and shows you're out of touch with the game RE4 was. All the recent complaints about RE not being like it's roots are on the shoulders of RE4.

That's not what I said. Why not read a comment before attempting to criticize it, hmmm? I was saying they weren't nearly as abundant. Matter fact the word created isn't even in my post. I never said RE6 invented QTE's. I said 4 had barley none while 6, especially in Jakes campaign have so many most players avoided said scenario until the patch came out. ALso if you cannot admit that they overdid the QTE's in 6 big time, you are an insane fanboy. Because Capcom themselves admitted it and will not make the same mistake with 7 and beyond.

So again. READ A POST before going on a tangent. You're entire rebuttal was a waste of both our time.
---
What is a man?!
#26RygonPosted 7/10/2013 9:21:05 AM
SinisterBlade posted...
Rygon posted...
SinisterBlade posted...
tadmfpole posted...

That's not what I said. Why not read a comment before attempting to criticize it, hmmm? I was saying they weren't nearly as abundant. Matter fact the word created isn't even in my post. I never said RE6 invented QTE's. I said 4 had barley none while 6, especially in Jakes campaign have so many most players avoided said scenario until the patch came out. ALso if you cannot admit that they overdid the QTE's in 6 big time, you are an insane fanboy. Because Capcom themselves admitted it and will not make the same mistake with 7 and beyond.

So again. READ A POST before going on a tangent. You're entire rebuttal was a waste of both our time.

I never said RE6 created QTEs. I don't think you can qualify either game as using the concept better. They are both victim to it. READ A POST yadda yadda you waste time yadda yadda.
---
#27SinisterBladePosted 7/10/2013 11:09:41 AM
Rygon posted...
SinisterBlade posted...
Rygon posted...
SinisterBlade posted...
tadmfpole posted...

I never said RE6 created QTEs. I don't think you can qualify either game as using the concept better. They are both victim to it. READ A POST yadda yadda you waste time yadda yadda.

RE4's QTE's where fine. 6's are outta line. You cant defend 6 by bringing up that 4 had QTE's. That's the point.
---
What is a man?!
#28tadmfpolePosted 7/11/2013 2:06:21 AM
The QTE's are annoying sometimes, I played through Jakes campaign after it was patched so I never experienced it the way it was before. They are tolerable to me but I would not miss them if they were removed entirely. My biggest gripe is some of the boss fights are tedious as ****. As a friend of mine put it, this series and this game especially are the epitome of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

I still really enjoy the game though, and my experience was a pleasant surprise after hearing so much negativity about it. I have yet to play a numbered Resident Evil game I don't like and look forward to whatever they do with Resident Evil 7. If Revelations is any indication it should be aimed more towards what old school fans prefer. I will be happy either way.
---
#29SinisterBladePosted 7/11/2013 3:05:36 PM
tadmfpole posted...
The QTE's are annoying sometimes, I played through Jakes campaign after it was patched so I never experienced it the way it was before. They are tolerable to me but I would not miss them if they were removed entirely. My biggest gripe is some of the boss fights are tedious as ****. As a friend of mine put it, this series and this game especially are the epitome of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

I still really enjoy the game though, and my experience was a pleasant surprise after hearing so much negativity about it. I have yet to play a numbered Resident Evil game I don't like and look forward to whatever they do with Resident Evil 7. If Revelations is any indication it should be aimed more towards what old school fans prefer. I will be happy either way.

Exactly. I really enjoy 6, Ive always defended it. Even in its early state it was worth the play. They made mistakes and are learning from them, so no point in complaining now.

Revelations was a great surprise. Really enjoy it. The enemy variety is a bit lacking, it got sorta metroidvania style too but it was done well. Considering it was a port of a portable game with few changes outside of cosmetic and a few select features.. we have a real chance at redemption for the series. though it will never reclaim the glory of 4 and below.
---
What is a man?!
#30tadmfpolePosted 7/12/2013 2:23:36 AM
I have barely scratched the surface on Revelations but I love it so far. The enemy variety does seem a little weak but I was hoping it would pick up later in the game. If I could get over my Mercenary addiction on 6 I could get cracking on it. I will get some quality time with it soon.

I doubt we will see another Resident Evil game on the current gen consoles (I could be wrong) so I am curious as to what Capcom are planning next for the series. It could go in several directions, including something radically different than what we have seen so far for better or worse. I don't know of anyone who wouldn't like to see more of the classic style gameplay. I am really curious to see what they do and how much they have listened to the fans.
---