Just beat Leon Chapter 1....

#1Sega9599Posted 6/30/2013 1:46:02 PM
and I have to say, I really don't understand the hate this game gets. That 1st chapter was amazing! My only complaint is that it wasn't longer, and there wasn't more optional survivors to save and search for etc......

What happened? Does the rest of the game take a major nosedive? Don't tell me what happens, but if this is the highlight of the game then....

Oh and the music is ok. I like the main menu music, but it's still not as good as Resi 5's pause music or Resi: UC's main menu music.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#2KalderusPosted 6/30/2013 11:48:39 PM
Yep, it's all pretty much downhill from Leon Chapter 1 sadly. It's still enjoyable enough imo, but it's plagued by seriously annoying issues like excessive QTE's (especially control-stick spinning-which even Nintendo learned was terrible game design from Mario Party 1 back in '99), a non-sensical, illogical and incoherent plotline, and an excess of useless, poorly-developed, filler characters.
---
You just cost me six thousand dollars. -Richard Roma
#3EdalborezPosted 7/1/2013 8:25:03 AM
Kalderus posted...
...seriously annoying issues like excessive QTE's (especially control-stick spinning-which even Nintendo learned was terrible game design from Mario Party 1 back in '99)

It's just left/right stick waggling. Even on the crank-spinning ones.
#4KalderusPosted 7/1/2013 10:47:23 AM
Edalborez posted...
Kalderus posted...
...seriously annoying issues like excessive QTE's (especially control-stick spinning-which even Nintendo learned was terrible game design from Mario Party 1 back in '99)

Wait...are you seriously telling me I've been putting my left thumb in agony for no reason all this time? I was convinced by the image that it required 360 degree spinning, not just rocking back and forth.
---
You just cost me six thousand dollars. -Richard Roma
#5EdalborezPosted 7/1/2013 1:21:14 PM
Eh, I won't tout it as fact since I'm not sure that's accurate for gamepads. I play on the PC version and it wants you to mash WASD. I just mash AD (left right) and it goes much smoother.
#6tadmfpolePosted 7/3/2013 2:18:33 AM
It is a preference, I was expecting to hate it after all the negative opinions I heard about it. I get why people don't like it and I respect their opinions but I have really enjoyed it. Probably my 3rd favorite in the series.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#7kalibre16Posted 7/3/2013 11:31:51 AM
Kalderus posted...
Edalborez posted...
Kalderus posted...

Wait...are you seriously telling me I've been putting my left thumb in agony for no reason all this time? I was convinced by the image that it required 360 degree spinning, not just rocking back and forth.

Also I hope you were rotating BOTH sticks and not just one as that also helps.
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#8kalibre16Posted 7/3/2013 11:41:40 AM
Anyways on topic I felt Leon CH 1 and 2 go hand in hand (which is probably why I beat them both the same day :) it isn't until 3 where things take a turn. In fact aside from Chris's First two chapters Leon CH3 may be my least favorite

as for the rest well I liked it, it does go a bit over the top by the end but I mean come on its the finale of course its supposed to be grandiose plus the ending for CH4 is easily my favorite moment in the game ;)

As for the hate meh, these critics are the same people who praise COD and Battlefield why should I care. Just play what you like and be happy, for me this game was a BIG improvement over 5 and almost as good as 4......almost lol control wise I prefer it but theres an odd charm about 4
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#9Psycko101Posted 7/5/2013 4:00:13 PM
Leon and Ada were the ones i (kind) enjoy the most.meh
---
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."-Dr Samuel Johnson
#10compy439Posted 7/5/2013 10:42:35 PM
I recently finished my second run through once on Xbox and the second on PC overall this is a fun game! Paid game reviewers: I'm looking at you IGN are just a bunch of snooty game snobs who expect decent coin to praise a game.
---
3ds, Xbox360 and PC! Waifu of Lissa and Cynthia