Just got this. Doing Leon's campaign first and wondering what order to follow

#1deadpigs101Posted 7/29/2013 2:19:21 PM
Does it even matter honestly? I was thinking after Leon I would do Chris, then Sherry, and then Ada for last as that would make the most sense to me.
---
GT: DonGiovanni023
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/DonGiovanni023/siggy-1.jpg
#2jpv2000Posted 7/29/2013 4:40:03 PM
That is the order I played them in when I first got the game. It is best to save Ada's campaign for last.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#3Spade_RobertsPosted 7/31/2013 10:39:49 AM
Ada's isn't even available until the other three are completed.
---
"honestly im guessing you just didnt lift hard.. you should feel like a bear tackled you over a waterfall into a pit of sharks." -- Greatjawajedi
#4lockhart86Posted 7/31/2013 10:29:32 PM
Spade_Roberts posted...

Nah, they patched so it was looooong ago.
---
Currently playing ~ Shin Megami Tensei
#5deadpigs101(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 5:39:40 AM(edited)
Spade_Roberts posted...

I understand why. Just tried her campaign and got my ass kicked. Do you just not have a partner?
Also want to point out my one and only gripe with this game having completed 3/4 of the campaigns; the missions are too long. I'm spending about 90 minutes per stage, if I'm playing with someone who knows their way around it's more like 50 minutes and while I love the campaign I don't always have a hour + to play a game. Check points are very reasonably placed, but as soon as you leave the game you lose your progress and it seems like breaking up the levels like they did in RE5 would of been better. Besides that, I can't see why this game got so much hate, wish I would of got this at launch
---
GT: DonGiovanni023
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/DonGiovanni023/siggy-1.jpg
#6tadmfpolePosted 8/1/2013 9:15:30 PM
There are generally 5 save points in a chapter although some only have 4 and some have up to 7. The "saving" screen does not stand out as well as it should and can be easily missed, but it does auto save more than you might think. You are probably thinking you have to play an entire chapter before saving. The segments are more like 20 minutes each, just watch for that "SAVING" text to pop up after each one.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#7TheThirdDayPosted 8/5/2013 4:38:08 PM
I thought the same thing on my first play through. They shoudl've explained it better in-game.

tadmfpole posted...
The segments are more like 20 minutes each, just watch for that "SAVING" text to pop up after each one.

More on what he said: You find a checkpoint pretty much every five minutes. When you see "Checkpoint..." appear on the top left corner of your screen, you'e reached one. When you die, you will restart at the last checkpoint you reached. But if, instead of saying "Checkpoint...", it says "Saving...", that means you've reached a save point. If you quit the game mid chapter, you will restart at the last savepoint you reached, not that last checkpoint.

Something worth noting: whenever you die and respawn, the game will say "Saving...", but this is NOT a save point; the game is just saving the number of times in the chapter you've died.
---
Waluigi is the coolest Mario Character.
Period.
#8lockhart86Posted 8/13/2013 7:03:22 AM
deadpigs101 posted...
Spade_Roberts posted...

I understand why. Just tried her campaign and got my ass kicked. Do you just not have a partner?
Also want to point out my one and only gripe with this game having completed 3/4 of the campaigns; the missions are too long. I'm spending about 90 minutes per stage, if I'm playing with someone who knows their way around it's more like 50 minutes and while I love the campaign I don't always have a hour + to play a game. Check points are very reasonably placed, but as soon as you leave the game you lose your progress and it seems like breaking up the levels like they did in RE5 would of been better. Besides that, I can't see why this game got so much hate, wish I would of got this at launch

You can get a partner if you play it with someone else. But he's kinda like a ghost... it's just really weird.
---
Currently playing ~ Shin Megami Tensei
#9SiLVeR_420Posted 8/13/2013 10:49:41 AM
deadpigs101 posted...
Spade_Roberts posted...

Sherry/Jake Campaign is the shortest and shouldn't take you more then 30-40 minutes for each chapter since by that point you should know what you're doing since you're playing it last.

Adas is pretty short to. But can be difficult at times.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#10GoldsicklePosted 8/28/2013 9:45:33 AM
Enemies are introduced better in listed order.

For example, if you played Jake's campaign first, there's a certain enemy that gets no introduction, so you don't know what is it's ability and how to fight it.
If you played Leon's campaign, that enemy gets a better introduction, with it's abilities shown.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)