wow.. re4 is really bad. this game was x100 better

#1WTFNightmarePosted 7/30/2013 12:46:36 AM
Maybe its the fact that im trying re4 last? i dunno man... overrated..
---
I'll teach you fear.
#2Ryan-06Posted 7/30/2013 12:51:10 AM
Ok.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
KamenHentai - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TozprFrnn10
#3tadmfpolePosted 7/30/2013 1:20:27 AM
I can't speak for how I would feel about it if I played it last, but for it's time it was an amazing game and very well received for as different of a RE game as it was at the time. The controls do feel dated now and that is the only mark I have against it. Still a solid game. I played it on the GC on launch day and felt so bad for any non GC owners thinking they were all missing out not knowing at that time it would eventually be ported to EVERYTHING.

The controls in all the past RE games are the only thing that have not aged well for me, even my all time favorite REmake feels a bit clunky now.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#4TheThirdDayPosted 8/5/2013 4:49:12 PM
Honestly, they're barely comparable. I'd still consider RE4 to be survival horror, while RE6 is an action shooter. I find it easier to compare 4 to Zero through CODE: Veronica than 5 and 6.

More on topic, RE4 has always been one of my all time favorite video games, but the more I play 6, the more I'm begging to think it's one of the best in the series, maybe even better than 4. *dons flame shield*
---
Waluigi is the coolest Mario Character.
Period.
#5RiFF-RaFFPosted 8/5/2013 7:05:06 PM
RE4 is still much better than this game.
---
RiP LiL SNUPE
#6Mariofan15Posted 8/7/2013 1:42:14 PM
Lol,no. RE 4 is miles better. RE 6 is just okay.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:2452-5385-5607
#7BloodgiftDemonPosted 8/8/2013 6:01:13 AM
TheThirdDay posted...
Honestly, they're barely comparable. I'd still consider RE4 to be survival horror, while RE6 is an action shooter. I find it easier to compare 4 to Zero through CODE: Veronica than 5 and 6. [snip]

I agree with this; Resident Evil 4 is more survival horror; RE6 is Action Shooter with a dash of "horror." Additionally, if RE4 had updated controls it would be easier to compare them.

I played both games quite a bit, but even with its clunky controls, I'd give RE4 the edge. Although I did particularly enjoy RE6 Leon's Campaign on my first-ever playthrough. After the first time, though, it kinda loses some charm.
#8GoldsicklePosted 8/8/2013 10:12:49 PM
Both RE4 & RE5 needs a "walk-and-shoot Edition".

Capcom can have my money.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#9JascoDPosted 8/9/2013 10:54:20 AM
Ohh you...
---
I <3 Dead Space.
#10Dark__ThronePosted 8/10/2013 3:24:06 AM
RE4 is overall a better designed game. The locations were more interesting, there felt like more diversity in RE4, the enemies were more interesting and the soundtrack was alot better.

I have no idea how people have trouble with the controls. They're easy to master and play. In fact I prefer RE4's control scheme to RE6's. I think moving and shooting would have made it better though.