wow.. re4 is really bad. this game was x100 better

#11BloodgiftDemonPosted 8/10/2013 5:46:42 AM
Dark__Throne posted...
[snip]I have no idea how people have trouble with the controls. They're easy to master and play.[snip]

Speaking as a person that labeled the controls "clunky," it's not that I had trouble with them, per se. I simply dislike having all movement on one stick, and having that stick double as the aim-control when aiming / firing a weapon.

I've gotten so use to modern-day controls where you use both sticks simultaneously to maneuver that, when I tried to play RE4 HD off of XBLA it felt "clunky." Mostly due to the fact that you can't move and shoot.
#12tadmfpolePosted 8/22/2013 3:41:18 AM
Dark__Throne posted...
RE4 is overall a better designed game. The locations were more interesting, there felt like more diversity in RE4, the enemies were more interesting and the soundtrack was alot better.

I have no idea how people have trouble with the controls. They're easy to master and play. In fact I prefer RE4's control scheme to RE6's. I think moving and shooting would have made it better though.

The controls didn't bother me at all back when but they seem terribly dated now. The only thing I dislike about it. Everything else has held up for me.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#13ultimate reaverPosted 8/24/2013 11:52:08 AM
I have zero problems with RE4's controls. Then again, I've been playing Resident Evil 2 all day and have zero problems with them as well.

I don't think game controls get retroactively worse
---
"im gonna kill all the babies"- fluttershy, 2008
#14GigerSupremePosted 8/25/2013 11:31:19 AM
Goldsickle posted...
Both RE4 & RE5 needs a "walk-and-shoot Edition".

Capcom can have my money.

the games would suck, capcom is not so stupid to not recognize this.
#15GoldsicklePosted 8/25/2013 7:29:02 PM
GigerSupreme posted...
the games would suck,

Mercenaries 3D was essentially that (except it wasn't a campaign) and it didn't suck.
They reused backdrops and enemies from RE4 & RE5.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#16GigerSupremePosted 8/25/2013 11:34:12 PM
Goldsickle posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
the games would suck,

Mercenaries 3D was essentially that (except it wasn't a campaign) and it didn't suck.
They reused backdrops and enemies from RE4 & RE5.

mercs 3d is what id call a mark of quality.

mercs 3d is a arcade like action game and not a survival horror... or horror anything. justna mindless score-based action game.

thats like comparing the onimusha fighting game to the numbered onimusha games and claiming theynare the same thing because they use similar mechanics and have the same characters.
#17GoldsicklePosted 8/26/2013 12:00:57 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
mercs 3d is a arcade like action game and not a survival horror... or horror anything. justna mindless score-based action game.

Remember that Revelations adopted the same shooting mechanics.
It worked for Revelations, so I can see it working for RE4 & RE5.

And before you come up with the usual "control scheme meant for specific enemies" reasoning, remember that the enemies in Revelations were slow and lumbering.
---
#18GigerSupremePosted 8/26/2013 12:58:28 AM
Goldsickle posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

Remember that Revelations adopted the same shooting mechanics.
It worked for Revelations, so I can see it working for RE4 & RE5.

And before you come up with the usual "control scheme meant for specific enemies" reasoning, remember that the enemies in Revelations were slow and lumbering.

and reveleations is (almost) good when you set it to classic control scheme and dont use the utterly pointless straffing mechanic.
#19GoldsicklePosted 8/26/2013 1:06:58 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
and reveleations is (almost) good when you set it to classic control scheme and dont use the utterly pointless straffing mechanic.

I could also make an opposite statement about how the strafing is better but what's your point?

It doesn't rebut the "walk-and-shoot works" statement in anyway.

You're just forcing your preference without at least explaining how the strafing is "pointless".
---
#20GigerSupremePosted 8/26/2013 1:31:54 AM
Goldsickle posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

I could also make an opposite statement about how the strafing is better but what's your point?

It doesn't rebut the "walk-and-shoot works" statement in anyway.

You're just forcing your preference without at least explaining how the strafing is "pointless".

its pointless because it isnt needed to beat the game.

the fact they give you an option to set the game to classic controls only illustrates this point further.

not only that, the strafing is jerky and is poorly animated, thus proving that it was a late addition and is not essential.