wow.. re4 is really bad. this game was x100 better

#111buzzsawgr81Posted 1/23/2014 11:19:09 AM
Goldsickle posted...
buzzsawgr81 posted...
when RE4 came out we accepted the horrid tank controls because at the time we didn't have a better example of great controls in horror games, we had the survival horror tank controls. now we have horror games with these great controls like dead space, RE: R, and RE6, showing us that we don't need the crappy and dated tank controls in our survival horror games.

That's too bad. Now that you've said the same things I said, people will label you as either a bad guy or my alternate account.

if RE4 and 5 had the same controls as, let's say, dead space, would the games be any different?

You can test this out in Mercenaries 3D for the 3DS.
They imported the same stages and enemies from 4 & 5 but you can walk and shoot or reload while running.
I've asked around if these features made the game "too easy" but I got feedback about how it's "just enough mobility without ruining the challenge".

So yeah, all those talk about how "walk-and-shoot will ruin RE" are nothing more than utter bulls***.
The series needed it.

the ability to move freely while aiming is very important. in RE: R if you aim and your shot is slightly blocked you just sidestep and BOOM!, shot is clear. but in RE4 if your shot is slightly blocked you have to drop your aim, turn, walk forward, turn back toward your target, and aim again hoping that your shot isn't still blocked.

I like you already.

I thought about drawing a diagram to show how RE4 & 5's controls takes more steps to execute a simple move but you seem to get it.

There's no "personal opinion" about controls being bad or not.
If they take more steps or made in a way where you need to 'stop-to-think' and not be able to react instinctively, then they are bad controls.

thank you. after reading earlier posts I figured you'd be someone who understood this. and if someone want's to call me a "bad guy", a troll, or an alt account, f*** them, I've been a hardcore RE fan since the beginning. and if people want to complain about the difficulty supposedly being too easy then I have a fix to balance that out too: instead of making the enemies stop for like a min. before they attack, like they do in 4 and 5, CAPCOM should make the enemies more like those in dead space where they come at you balls to the walls and the AI shows that they're there for one reason, to cut your ass down. I guess a good example is operation: raccoon city (despite the fact that many didn't like the game), you could move and shoot but the enemies, even the zombies, were very aggressive and didn't give you an inch, making for some very intense and difficult scenes.
---
Peter Capaldi has now become the new Doctor. A new era begins!
#112buzzsawgr81Posted 1/23/2014 3:26:55 PM
I figured I should also point out, in case it hasn't already, that everything, gameplay-wise, that people now hate about the current RE games all started with RE4, the switch from survival horror to a more cinematic action experience, QTEs, enemies with weapons, bad camera, etc., it's all there. the only things that RE6 added to the series were great things: good controls, the much needed ability to move and shoot, and multiple intersecting storylines (all of which were the length of the earlier games each). the only thing that RE6 really did worse than RE4 is that RE6 didn't have a lot of puzzles (they were still there but there were very few of them). so in reality, RE4 "ruined" the RE series.

and before any of you nastalgia-ridden RE4 fanboys say something stupid like "hurr, RE6's story sucked and RE4's didn't, durr", let's see "crazy group of terrorists want to destroy/rule the world using BOWs!", which game is this the plot for?...exactly.
---
#113Mariofan15Posted 1/23/2014 10:36:50 PM
sadiq2010 posted...
Mariofan15

LOL, you are very naive.

resident evil 6 is much better, than the trash and garbage resident evil 4 and 5 are.

so stop trolling, #deal with it.

Grow up. Calling me naive and saying I'm trolling because I disagree is immature.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:1121-2453-7393
National Dex Completed:9/26/2013
#114sadiq2010Posted 1/28/2014 7:26:32 AM
Mariofan15

you are naive, and shut up.

#deal with it.
#115Mariofan15Posted 1/28/2014 10:15:50 PM
sadiq2010 posted...
Mariofan15

you are naive, and shut up.

#deal with it.

And your immature. Deal with it.
---
#116sadiq2010Posted 1/29/2014 11:37:36 PM
Mariofan15

oh please, just shut up.

#deal with it.
#117Mariofan15Posted 1/30/2014 11:17:30 PM
sadiq2010 posted...
Mariofan15

oh please, just shut up.

#deal with it.

You first since your acting like such a child because I disagree.
---
#118buzzsawgr81Posted 1/31/2014 2:34:49 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
sadiq2010 posted...
Mariofan15

oh please, just shut up.

#deal with it.

to be fair, you're both acting like children. not saying you shouldn't, just saying don't be a hypocrite about it.
---
#119Mariofan15Posted 1/31/2014 4:04:30 PM
buzzsawgr81 posted...
Mariofan15 posted...
sadiq2010 posted...
Mariofan15

oh please, just shut up.

#deal with it.

to be fair, you're both acting like children. not saying you shouldn't, just saying don't be a hypocrite about it.

Fair enough.
---