wow.. re4 is really bad. this game was x100 better

#81Casul346Posted 9/14/2013 4:49:13 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Look who's talking, making up oddly-specific criteria to make an accident not an accident.

Discovering something during development and intentionally leaving it in the game is not an accident.

Period.

You are wrong.
---
George Zimmerman is innocent.
#82GoldsicklePosted 9/14/2013 8:57:00 PM
Casul346 posted...
Discovering something during development

That was there by accident, which makes it accidentally implemented.

So you're just another word-mincer?
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#83Casul346Posted 9/15/2013 2:12:32 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Casul346 posted...
Discovering something during development

That was there by accident, which makes it accidentally implemented.

So you're just another word-mincer?

No, words mean things. Rocket jumping in Quake was accidentally implemented. Moveset swapping in Dark Souls was accidentally implemented. Something intentionally included in the game cannot (BY DEFINITION) be accidentally implemented.

You are wrong.

Period.

Give it up.
---
#84GoldsicklePosted 9/15/2013 7:14:12 PM(edited)
Casul346 posted...
No, words mean things.

Unintentional = accident.

The whole "it's not an accident because it was discovered before release" is goalpost-pushing.
It's even acknowledged as accidents in multiple articles.

And you have yet to provide a source for that "just an urban legend" bit.

Rocket jumping in Quake was accidentally implemented. Moveset swapping in Dark Souls was accidentally implemented. Something intentionally included in the game cannot (BY DEFINITION) be accidentally implemented.

Argument over then.

The original topic was someone claiming "nothing is implemented accidentally" and I opposed that.
Since you gave examples of accidents on your own, then you also acknowledged that I was right.
---
#85Casul346Posted 9/16/2013 6:21:08 PM
Then why did you argue with me?

I love that you said I wouldn't be able to change your mind, then you admit defeat and admit I was completely right.

Winning :)
---
#86GoldsicklePosted 9/16/2013 10:16:54 PM
Casul346 posted...
Then why did you argue with me?

You're the one who was arguing with me. I was exchanging posts with someone else when you quoted me directly.

I love that you said I wouldn't be able to change your mind, then you admit defeat and admit I was completely right.

If you're unable to change what others think, it means that your own argumentation and persuasion skills are poor.

Since you talked about winning, it's you who are losing.
---
#87point2blankPosted 10/1/2013 8:27:29 PM
I've never understood why people complain about controls so much. It takes literally a minute or two to adjust to the controls of any game. The controls work fine for every game in the RE series.

So I was playing RE 4 the other day and was like "woahhhh....these controls are weird". Then I figured it out.

Then, true story, I was playing CVX the other day and was like "woahhhh....these controls are weird". Then I figured it out.

Then, I kid you not, I was playing RE 3 the other day and I was like "woahhhh....they swapped the functionality of the X and [] buttons". Then I figured it out.

The controls are neither detrimental nor impeding to the player while playing any of these games.
#88GoldsicklePosted 10/1/2013 9:32:14 PM
point2blank posted...
It takes literally a minute or two to adjust to the controls of any game.

It's the same for every game's control scheme.

But once you "get used" to various control schemes, you will see that there are such things as inferior and superior controls.

Bad controls can be identified if they used an unnecessary amount of steps for simple actions.
Good ones eliminate steps in between.

With tank controls, if you need to turn back the opposite direction, you need to stop, quick-turn and run (and it depends if the game you're playing has quick-turn to begin).
With 360 analog however, you just tilt the opposite direction you were facing.
---
#89LandonioPosted 10/5/2013 1:39:49 AM
RE4 was and still is a masterpiece. One of the most influential games of the 21st century.
---
Chuck
#90sparkymafiaPosted 10/9/2013 1:05:47 AM
After playing through Resident Evil 6 i dug my old ps2 out and gave 4 a whirl... To see if i am just nostalgic. It holds up really well when you get to grips with the weird controls, i think its a much better game than 6. It even still looks pretty good, if a little blurry.

This game came out in 2005... Really great game for its time and if you replaced the graphics i think it would score well now.