Ideas for Resident Evil 7

#21GoldsicklePosted 9/13/2013 8:05:34 AM
One of the best way to know the difference between QTE and Context-Sensitive Action is if an on-screen button prompt is needed.

In many games during the late 90's, you don't need an on-screen prompt to let you know if you can open a door or climb a ladder.
In old RE games, you just stand in front of an object you can interact and press the action button.

Also, there are many games where you mash or wiggle the analog stick to break free from an enemy's grasp without an on-screen prompt for it.

Counter attacks and stealth kills also have no need for on-screen prompts to tell you when it's available, as seen in the Onimusha and Tenchu series.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#22Casul346Posted 9/13/2013 9:48:44 AM
SinisterBlade posted...
Casul346 posted...
There is nothing cool about QTE's.

Ever.

No exceptions.

The furthest it should go is the timing RT to get a zombie off of you. Anything else is too disconnected from the gameplay.

Mashing a button fast isn't skill or fun. Playing simon isn't skill or fun. If I wanted to play simon, I would.

Oh its you.

Context sensitive and QTE's are not the same. Did you even read their posts?

QTE's = Very Bad
Context Sensitive = Fine

Semantics.

I'm okay with the QTE of pressing RT at the right time to hit a zombie off of you.

I despise button mashing and joystick wiggling and elaborate QTE events that are disconnected from gameplay.
---
George Zimmerman is innocent.
#23SinisterBladePosted 9/15/2013 3:22:58 PM
Casul346 posted...
SinisterBlade posted...
Casul346 posted...
There is nothing cool about QTE's.

Ever.

No exceptions.

The furthest it should go is the timing RT to get a zombie off of you. Anything else is too disconnected from the gameplay.

Mashing a button fast isn't skill or fun. Playing simon isn't skill or fun. If I wanted to play simon, I would.

Oh its you.

Context sensitive and QTE's are not the same. Did you even read their posts?

QTE's = Very Bad
Context Sensitive = Fine

Semantics.

I'm okay with the QTE of pressing RT at the right time to hit a zombie off of you.

I despise button mashing and joystick wiggling and elaborate QTE events that are disconnected from gameplay.

Its not semantics. Your personal distaste for certain similar actions doesn't mean they are identical.
Get over yourself and stop being an ignorant.
---
Do you even Slab, bro? - L 3 V 3 R a 6 e
#24McSlayerPosted 9/23/2013 6:24:45 AM
Do the exact opposite of 6.
#25kiramasakiPosted 9/23/2013 10:54:14 PM
Storywise, want Leon to catch a break and finally hook up with Ada. Also what happened storywise. RE 5 kind of was getting to the origin of the whole game with the virus origins etc.; then this game kind of took a step back and was just another enemy of the week game.

Also I'd like to see another Ashford, we haven't seen one of those in a while.

Gameplay wise agree with axing the QTEs, and def. try to stick to one long storyline. I don't really care for Jill, but wouldn't mind seeing Claire again.

Im not as upset about setting and enemies. RE 5 was meh, but 6 brought back the horror charm with the R somethings. The leech people that fall apart and regenerate, coupled with that music were creepy as hell. Along with the Iron Maiden from 4, and Lisa Trevor from REmake, rounds out my top 3 creepiest enemies in the game (Nosferatu and Crimson Head Elder also get special mention). Plus the Fly person was kind of cool as well, and I liked the Killzone feel of the special ops enemies.