One of the least-fun games I have played

#1moodyjm2Posted 9/4/2013 4:44:09 AM
So I dusted it off after a number of months of inactivity, and decided to do some of Jake's campaign with a friend -

1. Load up, we have a few rounds in each weapon

2. In the first difficult fight, we run out of ammo in every ******* weapon. Every one!

3. After constantly dying and having to resort to melee, he says he's done

4. I play on my own, beat the chapter and move on - to where there is NO ******* AMMO ANYWHERE.

Seriously wtf is this? It was only veteran. I'm no casual, but sometimes you just wanna play a game for fun with a friend who doesn't play games much, and this is ridiculous - no ammo anywhere, clunky-*** controls.

Clearly all effort was put into the graphics, as everything else is pure ***. Corridors, dumb, archaic puzzles (oh we have to find MORE keys!), pitiful pacing, too many QTE's and cutscenes. The campaign is pitiful.
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.
#2DarkD3stinyPosted 9/4/2013 9:53:22 AM
Lol
---
This topic reveals that re6 has practically most things in it that the old re games had :- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/65066023
#3BlueJester007Posted 9/4/2013 10:18:33 AM
You're about a year late, TC.
---
Deus Ex: Human Revelation OST Title: I Never Asked For Discs
#4GigerSupremePosted 9/5/2013 4:36:01 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
So I dusted it off after a number of months of inactivity, and decided to do some of Jake's campaign with a friend -

2. In the first difficult fight, we run out of ammo in every ******* weapon. Every one!

4. I play on my own, beat the chapter and move on - to where there is NO ******* AMMO ANYWHERE.

Seriously wtf is this? It was only veteran. I'm no casual, but sometimes you just wanna play a game for fun with a friend who doesn't play games much, and this is ridiculous - no ammo anywhere, clunky-*** controls.

Clearly all effort was put into the graphics, as everything else is pure ***. Corridors, dumb, archaic puzzles (oh we have to find MORE keys!), pitiful pacing, too many QTE's and cutscenes. The campaign is pitiful.

welcome to the modern design philosphy of survival horror. sucks dosent it?
re6 is possibly the biggest disapointment in games this gen.
#5DragonsoundsPosted 9/5/2013 8:06:15 AM
What a waste. I am typically pretty forgiving with games, but this game just gets it wrong. Clunky controls, terribly dramatic voicing and cutscenes every five minutes, a story that doesn't really go anywhere, corridors after corridors. Ugh.
---
The sky above port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
#6goku4ever03Posted 9/6/2013 5:12:23 AM
This game has a lot of problems, but the amount of ammo isn't one of them. This game uses a combination of both gun and melee combat. More so melee in fact, I mean you were using one character who is a martial artist and the other who has a stun rod. If you're having troubles then lower the difficulty.
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House
#7DragonsoundsPosted 9/6/2013 8:57:59 AM
goku4ever03 posted...
This game has a lot of problems, but the amount of ammo isn't one of them. This game uses a combination of both gun and melee combat. More so melee in fact, I mean you were using one character who is a martial artist and the other who has a stun rod. If you're having troubles then lower the difficulty.

Actually I made a mistake, but since this is a new account can't edit.

I was playing Chris's campaign with a friend, started in CH2. We ran out of ammo in almost every fight, it was on Normal. It was maddening.
---
The sky above port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
#8ritalmanPosted 9/18/2013 2:29:05 AM(edited)
You need to use the melee system more. The shooting is only half of the combat system in this game. If you go full gun, you're missing the point of the game.

This is not Gears nor CoD (no offense to those games of course)
---
REO : ritalman, GT : WilliWaller
#9UnfoolishPosted 9/20/2013 11:08:57 AM
moodyjm2 posted...

This game you can be stingy or binge on ammo. It's all about COUNTERS against enemies so wait for a zombie grab attempt or J'avo slash attempt then QTE with your counter attack.

Controls are fine because you can walk and aim, you can side dodge, you can dodge by falling back then you have the chance to counter attack. In RE5, you have to aim at the enemy in front of you and you get slashed..there is NOTHING you can do about it. Capcom improved this aspect of the game in RE6 which RE5 was clunky and messy for.

Using melee is better than using up ammo mainly for accuracy ratings if you are trying to go for S Ranks on the chapter similar to RE5. I feel that the gameplay in the campaign was more specifically designed for Mercenaries/multiplayer modes.

I admit that the campaign is very messy, the last patch fixed many of the QTE issues but damage has already been done. Many of the worst parts I hated so much I raged were Ada car chase scene, Haos boss fight, Simmons overextended boss fight, Ada chopper controls, Leon Helena rope climbing, Jake motorcycle chase.......those were the most awful things in this game IMO. I avoid those chapters at all times. However, a few chapters in some of the campaigns were enjoyable. But yes, RE6 has issues and STILL have more issues in multiplayer modes. Unfortunately no more DLC for RE6, I bet that the Jake with the Napads sneak peak would have been an extra DLC mode or story like RE5 LIN/DE.

Oh well we should move on. I don't like the Skills settings. I prefer the upgrading your weapons and I don't like how some weapons are exclusive to certain characters and there is no partner inventory system. RE4 and RE5 have the best inventory system, RE5 being co-op share. In RE6 no sharing ammo/no upgrading weapons...skills? What a waste.
#10ArkThompsonPosted 9/20/2013 5:21:36 PM
The problem with making this game heavily reliant on melee is that the melee controls are some of the worst in any game I have ever played. If they wanted to make a game reliant on melee attacks then they should have looked at games such as Dark Souls instead of just having one melee button which only does what you want it to half the time.

Another huge problem with the melee system is that there is no way to lock onto enemies and so you are forced to fight with the game's awful floaty camera in order to keep an enemy in the middle of the screen.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ateeist-6541/hero/20862817