how good is re 6?

#1segagamerPosted 9/4/2013 5:32:08 PM
...as an action game...
#2GigerSupremePosted 9/5/2013 3:34:37 AM
as an action game, the capmpaigns are all kinds of fail. poorly paced, inconsistent characterization, QTEs galore, too often you will be planted in a turret or boring driving sequence. really really bad cover mechanics.

the mercs mode is pretty good though.
#3siberian142Posted 9/8/2013 4:00:05 AM
It's decent. Don't expect the campaigns to be amazing, but some of them are good. Poor design choices really hinder the game, though.

The gameplay really feels meh the first time through, but Mercenaries fully utilizes it. It's about as fun as it ever was.
#4moodyjm2Posted 9/8/2013 12:00:11 PM
GigerSupreme posted...
as an action game, the capmpaigns are all kinds of fail. poorly paced, inconsistent characterization, QTEs galore, too often you will be planted in a turret or boring driving sequence. really really bad cover mechanics.

the mercs mode is pretty good though.

This x100. Mercs is fun and challenging. The campaigns are the worst in recent memory.
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.
#5chocoboblue99Posted 9/8/2013 1:08:40 PM
I have to agree. This game as an action game is pretty boring. The story was kind of nice, but the game play is a total bore and the QTE are done bad. OH I hate those car chases scenes!

The only thing I really liked was mercs and even that only kept me playing for a few extra months after I beat the game.
#6Neo_RizerPosted 9/12/2013 9:37:19 PM
As an action game, falls flat.
As a survival horror game... it's anything but.
As a Resident Evil game... destroyed the franchise.

In my mind RE6 is non-canon and I hope it get's retconned... they took the story in such a horrible direction. Going world wide was the worst thing they could have did... Capcom blew it. It was a lot more campy when the virus was contained and sanctioned to small pockets throughout the world... even then I would have liked it to stay contained near Raccoon City a while longer.

Like just have the virus spread to surrounding cities forcing you back in to Raccoon City for some extra nostalgic moments. But yeah, what the hell do I know, I've only been playing games in this franchise for 16 years of my life... and yeah CVX is a pretty terrible game looking back... at the time Mission Impossible 2 just came out so that intro was pretty swank.
---
Gamefaqs - Where you TOO can get an extra dose of textual diarrhea.
#7unnamedFerPosted 9/13/2013 4:34:19 PM
Technically the core gameplay is the best out of any resident evil. The problem comes that now that your character plays better than ever they make you go trough small corridors, instead of something more simiar to what you do in the mercenaries (the game really is at its best there), or more open ended stages like in re4/5.

add to that long chapters without any kind of weapon upgrades/customization, a poorly done skill system and amybe something else im missing.
Oh and the plot is stupid

I dont regret buying the game one bit, but I find the game shows its true potential during mercenaries.
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#8IamTripleHGamePosted 9/29/2013 6:09:29 PM
unnamedFer posted...
Technically the core gameplay is the best out of any resident evil. The problem comes that now that your character plays better than ever they make you go trough small corridors, instead of something more simiar to what you do in the mercenaries (the game really is at its best there), or more open ended stages like in re4/5.

add to that long chapters without any kind of weapon upgrades/customization, a poorly done skill system and amybe something else im missing.

I dont regret buying the game one bit, but I find the game shows its true potential during mercenaries.

this. For everything the game does right it pretty much does something to negate it. The gameplay itself,it actually great and works well, but you don't get many chances to notice it because of a weird story structure, random vechile sections. boring levels, cheap enemies, over-bearing QTEs, broken cover, weird story, no weapon customization. There are times where you can really see how great the game could've been. Again, the gameplay is good, and theres a nice amount of different enemies. But all too often you doings some stupid driving or underwater sequence or fighting sniper enemies with a horrible cover system.
---
Blake Lively is the most beautiful woman in history.
#93v1LR0n1NPosted 10/13/2013 1:19:48 AM
Neo_Rizer posted...
. It was a lot more campy when the virus was contained and sanctioned to small pockets throughout the world... even then I would have liked it to stay contained near Raccoon City a while longer.

Like just have the virus spread to surrounding cities forcing you back in to Raccoon City for some extra nostalgic moments. .

uuummmmm raccoon city was destroyed as seen in Resident Evil 3 and the outbreak games so those nastolgic moments in Raccoon would be just walkin around a giant irradiated crater surrounded by a gate that says "danger radioactive" and a HUGE Umbrella owned observation tower in the middle of said tower according to the "best ending" of outbreak... the ending that made umbrella piss me off. basically a big F you to the Umbrella Population that died both before and after it's diestruction.

see for yorself:

Resident Evil Outbreak Epilogue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63jREk9beKA
---
-theRoninNamed47 (PSN) DatGi47(XBL) 7th_samurai (Steam)
#10simonbelmont2Posted 10/13/2013 9:35:40 AM
IamTripleHGame posted...
unnamedFer posted...

this. For everything the game does right it pretty much does something to negate it. The gameplay itself,it actually great and works well, but you don't get many chances to notice it because of a weird story structure, random vechile sections. boring levels, cheap enemies, over-bearing QTEs, broken cover, weird story, no weapon customization. There are times where you can really see how great the game could've been. Again, the gameplay is good, and theres a nice amount of different enemies. But all too often you doings some stupid driving or underwater sequence or fighting sniper enemies with a horrible cover system.

I agree.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him