I just read that they didn't like how the "REmake" did.

#11SgtStrungOutPosted 10/11/2013 2:30:20 PM
unnamedFer posted...
Maybe REmake didnt sold well because it was a remake and not an all new game?

RE4 GC: 1.6 mil

RE4 PS2: 2 mil

RE4 Wii: 1.9 mil

REmake: 1.35 mil

I dont think Remake sale were that low compared to the sales of re4 on the other systems, SPECIALLY considering its a remake whose biggest enhancement was graphically and not in its gameplay.
The sales for REmake probably might not be the expected amount seeing as it was game where most of the design and planning was already done by the original game, they just had to redo everything on the graphical aspect and just added a few new things like lisa trevor.

Maybe REmake would have done much better if they sticked the controls of RE4 before RE4 came out and used it as a guinea pig to see the reaction over the new controls.

Of course all the crappy fake RE fans would jump on that game since it would have the RE4 controls that ruined the series. As for me, a real, fan, I say HELL NO. The controls and gameplay are fine as is in the remake. Perfect to true survival horror fans. The sales only mean that more crappy gamers, casual gamers, fake RE fans, and new gamers bought more copies.
---
PSN ID = ContraCommando
#12JCusterPosted 10/13/2013 5:51:54 AM
zenandi posted...
It sounds to me like revisionist history to justify going the action route.

Fact is Nintendo probably had the smallest market share. From there, any kind of reasoning for sales not doing as well on their system should logically come to the conclusion that all the hardcore serious gamers were already on the Playstations.

If it released on the Playstation and didn't do well, THEN they have a point.

Excellent point. The exclusivity policy at Nintendo kinda bit them in the ass on that one. I remember reading how RE3.5 was intended as a reboot or revival, since the survival formula had "gotten stale" (I kinda felt that Code Veronica was the most dull game in the series around that time: not terrible, but more cinematic and less creepy than the ones before it).

This led to the more actionized games we got since RE4 and beyond. I liked the slow pace of REmake, and it's one of my favorite games of the generation. Weirdly enough, I felt like Dead Space 1 was the closest thing to REmake we've had in a while(don't worry, I have my flame shields ready....)

I also read that some fans feel that the surviving characters would be more experienced in dealing with the undead and bioweapons, thus the justification of the action shooter. I kind of subscribed to that notion, but I was hoping that RE6 would at least balance that out....and we know how that turned out. Hopefully, Mikami will do us proud with The Evil Within.
---
Only if you say the word "Monkey."
#13simonbelmont2Posted 10/13/2013 7:07:45 AM
SgtStrungOut posted...
unnamedFer posted...
Maybe REmake didnt sold well because it was a remake and not an all new game?

RE4 GC: 1.6 mil

RE4 PS2: 2 mil

RE4 Wii: 1.9 mil

REmake: 1.35 mil

I dont think Remake sale were that low compared to the sales of re4 on the other systems, SPECIALLY considering its a remake whose biggest enhancement was graphically and not in its gameplay.
The sales for REmake probably might not be the expected amount seeing as it was game where most of the design and planning was already done by the original game, they just had to redo everything on the graphical aspect and just added a few new things like lisa trevor.

Maybe REmake would have done much better if they sticked the controls of RE4 before RE4 came out and used it as a guinea pig to see the reaction over the new controls.

Of course all the crappy fake RE fans would jump on that game since it would have the RE4 controls that ruined the series. As for me, a real, fan, I say HELL NO. The controls and gameplay are fine as is in the remake. Perfect to true survival horror fans. The sales only mean that more crappy gamers, casual gamers, fake RE fans, and new gamers bought more copies.

Claptrap, there is no such thing as a "real" fan and a "fake" one. Either you like the games or you don't.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#14zenandiPosted 10/13/2013 11:48:58 AM
JCuster posted...
Weirdly enough, I felt like Dead Space 1 was the closest thing to REmake we've had in a while(don't worry, I have my flame shields ready....)

Ain't weird at all.

It was the perfect modern survival horror until they had the bright idea of following RE down the co-op, all-action route.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672893-dead-space-3/67480522

^Check out that thread. It's something like that now in the first post. It's ridiculous. It's managed to become a bigger pile of c*** than Resident Evil's critics make it out to be.
#15JCusterPosted 10/13/2013 3:30:17 PM
^I read that post. Pretty much lost interest the series(played demos of DS2/DS3, watched a playthrough of DS2. Didn't do it for me...). I think co op horror can be done right if done properly.
I read a report about the post-Mikami Capcom development rushing their projects out to try to make a buck by cutting development time. And RE6 was the end result: a very crappy actionized sequel. I posted on the RE6 boards back when about how if they split the focus of RE6 down the middle between action and horror, it probably would have been better.
---
Only if you say the word "Monkey."