Do you miss real survival horror gaming?

#1SynchPedro86Posted 10/21/2013 12:00:00 AM
I do. All these horror action games are full of cheesy Hollywood style stories and there is really nothing scary in them, but at least the graphics are improving in new titles. Now, if only we could get a horror game that has great graphics but also an epic plot. I do love the look of The Evil Within, which may prove they can still do it if they try hard enough at some things.
#2aero041191Posted 10/23/2013 2:00:04 AM
Rejoice, dear Gamefaqs user, for Capcom has officially stated that RE7 will return to it's horror survival roots!
#3caliguy1971Posted 10/26/2013 9:21:36 PM
Do you really miss how he walked around like a tank with F'in cement shoes???

I sure as hell don't!

Bring back the scares, but keep the good control scheme! Doom 3 is a great example.

I HATE how the character is controlled in the Silent Hill series too. Blah!
---
Check it out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=2000325
#4zenandiPosted 10/26/2013 11:06:53 PM
Survival horror has nothing to do with tank controls. Dead Space 1 comes to mind.
#5caliguy1971Posted 10/27/2013 7:54:20 AM
It DOES if you are talking about old RE games and I believe that is what the topic creator is referring to.
---
Check it out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=2000325
#6stawg007Posted 10/27/2013 10:51:03 AM
While I don't think there is anything wrong with the classic control scheme, it's pretty much the same as the current action re games except the camera is different, I'm happy enough to have the post re4 camera, control scheme

But there's no denying the old games had a much better and much more tense atmosphere! The music helped a lot with that, I was watching a let's play of RE2 today and the music alone whether it's walking into the RCPD or the save room and so on, destroys the actiony REs atmosphere

I'd also be happy with a classic RE control style but when you wanted to aim it shifted to an over the shoulder perspective, throw in a bunch of scares, a tense atmosphere with a lack of health and ammo with a bunch of puzzles and I'd be very happy

Oh and no more plagas or whatever the hell they're called, just give me frickin zombies, bring back Umbrella and stop with the whole Hollywood style monsters overrurning the world crap

Just give me a scary mansion, building, whatever, with zombies, crimson heads with the stuff I mentioned above, maybe a Nemesis type monster hunting you down and Capcom might be able to get some fans back
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#7SiLVeR_420Posted 11/2/2013 6:12:17 AM
caliguy1971 posted...

I sure as hell don't!

Bring back the scares, but keep the good control scheme! Doom 3 is a great example.

The amount of ammo they give you in Doom 3 prevents that game from being scary at all.
---
Sister complex kingpin of steel!
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
#8ultimate reaverPosted 11/2/2013 8:49:30 AM
caliguy1971 posted...

I sure as hell don't!

Yeah dude, Doom 3 is terrifying. I hope the next Resident Evil is all about turning around behind you in the dark to shoot yet another enemy that's teleported in behind you
---
"im gonna kill all the babies"- fluttershy, 2008
#9DarthUchiha91Posted 11/2/2013 9:00:39 AM
aero041191 posted...
Rejoice, dear Gamefaqs user, for Capcom has officially stated that RE7 will return to it's horror survival roots!

LoL

+1
---
Man plans, God Laughs-Psalm 33:10
#10aero041191Posted 11/3/2013 1:21:07 AM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
aero041191 posted...

LoL

+1

The scary part is that i'm serious. XD

http://www.gameskinny.com/nwteu/resident-evil-7-will-return-to-survival-horror-says-capcom
---
3DS FC: 1332-8540-9684