Order of Games

#1Dren_Snow22Posted 11/8/2013 9:23:38 AM
I want to play through and watch all the movies in sequential order with my wife. I think I've got the order of the games down but I have no idea where the movies fit in chronologically. Can someone help me out and tell me if I've messed anything up?

(I'm talking about the CG movies, not the live action ones)

Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil: Coded Veronica X
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil 6

I know the two CG movies are:

Resident Evil: Degeneration
Resident Evil: Damnation

I just have no idea where they fit in the overall storyline.
#2Ertrick36Posted 11/8/2013 5:45:16 PM
I don't know about the movies, but I think that RE3 starts slightly before RE2. A spoiler for those who haven't played RE2: in RE2, when you arrive at the police station, you come across a man named Marvin who is on the verge of death. He gives you a card key and forces you to leave (and locks the door so that you can't go back for him). When you run into him again, he has transformed into a zombie. In RE3, however, you can run into him, and he's only unconscious. So that's why I think that RE3 starts slightly before RE2, or at the very least before the one event happens to the certain character I mentioned in the spoiler.

As for the movies, I don't know for certain as I've never watched any of them, but I'm pretty sure that they are actually completely unrelated to the game series. While I think I've heard the words "T-Virus" and "Umbrella" attached to the movies, I don't think I've ever heard of the game's characters being in the movies. Plus, I think that there was something said about them being separate universes, but I'm not sure.
---
<<Puis la determination la plus forte gagne.>>
#3DarthUchiha91Posted 11/9/2013 4:09:15 PM
Degeneration occurs 1 year after the events of resident evil 4. The events of revelations occurred roughly around the same time, give or take several months so i would put that in between degeneration and 5 .I'm not sure exactly when damnation happened, but it takes place before the events of 6, so its best to put that after 5.
---
Man plans, God Laughs-Psalm 33:10
#4DarthUchiha91Posted 11/9/2013 4:16:35 PM
But yeah the first half of resident evil 3 happens before the events of resident evil 2 and the second half occurs a few days after.
---
Man plans, God Laughs-Psalm 33:10