Resident Evil 7 should keep a lot of the stuff they added in RE6.

#1Sega9599Posted 1/4/2014 11:43:41 AM
And yet if they release Resident Evil 7 with the same mechanics as Resident evil 6, I'll probably still get it. Some stuff, like being able to attack zombies with your fists makes sense. It may not be 'classic', but the series HAS to move forwards to avoid being stale.

And to be honest, I really enjoyed Leon's 1st chapter in RE6. Really felt like new controls, new enemies, new characters, having to save survivors, more interaction and such with great graphics. Less exploration though, but I figured we'd be able to come back and revist the areas like classic RE.
After that it's not quite the same imo, and it does lose that classic RE feel, but the game isn't bad to me. It's just...I guess people wanted more of that 1st chapter.

But to be fair I do kind of see where Capcom were going, with the whole co-op shooter, which is enjoyable aspect, if the game was single player only I'd probably have never finished it....
And having no 'pause' menu, meaning you can feel an en heightened sense of tension when trying to access your herbs on the fly.
It's just the setting that gets me. Chris is a douche, I'm sorry, I really don't like that guy. I did like having to explore the ship with those unkillable slimer monsters all over the place. And I guess Agent Hunt is fun for like 10 mins.

And of course the VS mode and Mercenaries modes have their share of fans. Even RE:ORC has it's fans.

I just hope they get the right setting down for the games, along with a bigger sense of exploration, rather than just linear progress. But please, no more mansions.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#2BlueJester007Posted 1/6/2014 8:24:51 AM
-Remove QTEs

-Have one long and interesting campaign.

-Less focus on co-op play and more focus on a solid single-player experience.(That does not mean co-op should not be in the game.)

-Make Mercenaries fun to play like it was in RE5.(Meaning each costume has it's own loadout and each character has their own melee moves. Less emphasis on countering everything and more emphasis on just beating the s*** out of the enemies.)

-Remove Stamina Gauge

-Have Replay Value (RE4 and RE5 allowed you to play the game with any set of weapons or costume you wanted. RE6 does neither.)

-Remove Skill System
---
When you tell someone that they don't understand something, be sure to enlighten them instead of just being a vague and pretentious dick.
#3singhellotakuPosted 1/6/2014 10:19:41 PM
this game's mercs really did suck didn't it?

I wont buy 7, there are way too many action games out there already, i want something exploration heavy with fewer much more deadly enemies. While it wasn't great I think Downpour should be the template for what survival horror should become, semi open world, exploration heavy, side quests etc.
#4SiLVeR_420Posted 1/11/2014 12:38:34 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
-Remove QTEs

-Less focus on co-op play and more focus on a solid single-player experience.(That does not mean co-op should not be in the game.)

-Make Mercenaries fun to play like it was in RE5.(Meaning each costume has it's own loadout and each character has their own melee moves. Less emphasis on countering everything and more emphasis on just beating the s*** out of the enemies.)

-Remove Stamina Gauge

-Have Replay Value (RE4 and RE5 allowed you to play the game with any set of weapons or costume you wanted. RE6 does neither.)

-Remove Skill System

Never minded the QTEs really.

Yes. Leons campaign was the longest and the best,

Keep the story mode single player. Keep Co-op for Mercs and stuff like that.

Stamina guage was fine. Never had a problem with it, But I wouldnt care if they took it out.

You can play with what ever weapons you want..just no new costume.

Eh. I say keep it. Just bring back weapon customization.
---
The passwords are Afro and Sergeant.
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
#5CollegeDevilPosted 1/11/2014 9:44:56 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
-Remove QTEs

-Remove Stamina Gauge

-Remove Skill System

This. I can't really seem to argue any of these.
---
Zero Stones! Zero Crates!
#6Mariofan15Posted 1/12/2014 11:16:03 PM
CollegeDevil posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
-Remove QTEs

-Remove Stamina Gauge

-Remove Skill System

These. Of all the stupid things to add,these were the worst and made the game less rewarding.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:1121-2453-7393
National Dex Completed:9/26/2013
#7BlueJester007Posted 1/16/2014 12:53:20 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Never minded the QTEs really.

That's cool, I would just like to see less emphasis on them. Every time you get grabbed, QTE. Wanna fly a helicopter? QTE. Turning a crank, QTE. They are just far too abundant.

Keep the story mode single player. Keep Co-op for Mercs and stuff like that.

Personally, I wouldn't mind this. I just know there are people out there that like having a buddy to play the campaign with.

Stamina guage was fine. Never had a problem with it, But I wouldnt care if they took it out.

I hated it. It was cheap way to limit the amount of melee attacks I can do. Keep it out and throw it in the dumpster.

You can play with what ever weapons you want

No, you can't. I want Leon to have a Grenade Launcher, but Chris is only allowed to. I want Chris to have a magnum, but only Jake and Leon are allowed to. (I'm not counting Ada here since her campaign is the 'special' one).

Eh. I say keep it. Just bring back weapon customization.

The skill system was needless. The money/inventory system that we had in RE4 and RE5 worked really well. There was no need to handicap the characters - takes skills that they already should have - and make the players pay to have those skills. For example: the Breakout skill should already be a character attribute for Chris and Leon. Those two have survived how many zombie outbreaks and now they need a pick-me-up to make it easier for them to escape grabs? What a bunch of bull. It's a waste of a skill space.
---
When you tell someone that they don't understand something, be sure to enlighten them instead of just being a vague and pretentious dick.
#8este914Posted 1/19/2014 2:56:56 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
CollegeDevil posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
-Remove QTEs

-Remove Stamina Gauge

-Remove Skill System

These. Of all the stupid things to add,these were the worst and made the game less rewarding.

Basically what these guys said.
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#9buzzsawgr81Posted 1/20/2014 5:51:15 PM
BlueJester007 posted...

I think that dead space 3 did horror co-op perfectly. make the game SP by default but still have the option for another person to join and then make the cutscenes still have both characters but alter them depending on whether you're playing SP or co-op.
---
Peter Capaldi has now become the new Doctor. A new era begins!
#10sbn4Posted 1/27/2014 10:20:45 AM
I agree with most of BlueJester's list outside of Mercenaries. RE6 Mercenaries is not as fun as RE5's but it is quiet fun. There is no rule that says you need to counter everything. That's only for high scores. You can play it similar to RE5 if you like. Or you can set up CDGs. There is more variety in enemy types over RE5. While I have good scores on many of the stages, the most fun I've had with the mode is mixing up counters, CDGs, and regular melee kills with a friend.

And while I understand the point of the stamina system, it should be increased considering how many actions deplete the bar.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."