Might get multiplayer dlc. Is there still a decent community playing?

#1SethStonePosted 4/14/2014 4:42:04 PM
I love this game, and I thought it was unfairly slammed by gamers. Anyway, I want to get the multiplayer stuff, but I dont want to pay for a multiplayer that not many other people play. For those who have it. Do you have difficulty finding folks to play with? Also, im thinking about the deathmatch like survivors game. Is that one worth it? Does it have the most players? Are the other ones better or just as good?
#2sbn4Posted 4/15/2014 8:18:57 AM
You can find some games on Predator and maybe Siege if you are lucky. Onslaught is dead for the most part. Survivors is the most populated, but IMO the most broken and frustrating. I have a few gameplays of survivors if you are interested in seeing how they go. I'll link you to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gijhWuaxU3Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5psRoCfdwqc

These are both free for all matches. I find team matches to be hideously unbalanced and pretty annoying when you are fighting against a team of friends. Also be warned that the game has been out a while and most strategies have been discovered so it may be harder to get into. The second video is a good example of what to watch out for. Many players tend to treat free for all matches like team matches. They will team up on you just to be obnoxious.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#3SethStone(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2014 3:17:33 PM
Thanks!
#4Sega9599Posted 4/22/2014 3:57:02 PM
SethStone posted...
I love this game, and I thought it was unfairly slammed by gamers.

It was unfairly hated by gamers. However, some of the criticism feels valid to me. I think the game is an ok decent game. Better than RE:ORC in any case....
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#5ILuvKnivesPosted 4/29/2014 4:11:56 AM
There are still many people like me who play "Mercenaries", especially during the weekends. I usually only "Play for Fun", & won't rage-quit on you if our combo gets broken. I may have scored 1 mil. or above with everybody on 95% of the stages, but it's only because I've had really good partners and/or just been lucky with being on the right spawn points in the right time.
---
If playing X-Box 360 was a full-time job, I'd be having overtime everyday. (^_^)
#6RE2LeonSPosted 5/1/2014 5:40:57 AM
Onslaught was dead on arrival. Some days its hard to find a Mercenaries game period.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#7joemoetoePosted 5/19/2014 2:24:08 PM
If u have friends go for it. But you may get 2, 3 Brazilians or French people if ur lucky
#8kgould01Posted 5/21/2014 5:55:27 PM
SethStone posted...
I love this game, and I thought it was unfairly slammed by gamers. Anyway, I want to get the multiplayer stuff, but I dont want to pay for a multiplayer that not many other people play. For those who have it. Do you have difficulty finding folks to play with? Also, im thinking about the deathmatch like survivors game. Is that one worth it? Does it have the most players? Are the other ones better or just as good?
you can add me. FP x SNUBKILLER the only game mode i dont have is siege but i am thinking of picking it up.
---
GT: FP x SNUBKILLER PS3: SNUBKILLER75
Currently playing: GTAV, Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes(xbox360 and ps3), TLoU and SC:Blacklist(xbox360 and ps3)
#9Praise_the_Sun_Posted 6/10/2014 5:54:53 PM
I'm sorry but this game was very fairly bashed, take way the resident evil name and you have yourself a generic third person shooter with a s**** camera, s***** controlls, and a lack luster story with enough explosions for 4 micheal bay movies. As a 3rd person shooter this game was crap, as a resident evil it was a mortal sin and a big old middle finger to resident evil fans every where. An b4 "why you on this board then" I'm always checking in to see if anyone has any info/rumors for possible future RE games.
---
___"hey is that a... *smashed by boulder*
#10EQOAnostalgiaPosted 6/23/2014 6:58:37 AM
Sega9599 posted...
SethStone posted...
I love this game, and I thought it was unfairly slammed by gamers.

It was unfairly hated by gamers. However, some of the criticism feels valid to me. I think the game is an ok decent game. Better than RE:ORC in any case....

Nah even ORC is better, at least ORC knew what it wanted to be, a third person shooter. At least it had an interesting setting and background for the story. Playing the bad guys during the Raccoon city incident was fun and had some nostalgic moments even if some areas were not as i remember them. The game could have been much better but at least it didn't have 100 QTE's, driving segments and a bunch of other crap pulling it down, RE 6 didn't know what it wanted to be.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia