Might get multiplayer dlc. Is there still a decent community playing?

#11ANARCHYRULZPosted 6/24/2014 11:51:15 AM
this game was definitely lacking in some areas but dont even joke that it was worse than ORC

ORC was a pile of dog @$@!

severe technical issues
played game and beat it in like 3 hours
half of the campaign mode is dlc!!! so if you bought game, you bought half of it
online is just a broken mess
---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?
#12ultimate reaverPosted 6/29/2014 3:14:26 PM
ORC was a total mess of Aliens: Colonial Marines heights. RE6 was bad, but at the very least it does have some nice controls and mercenaries is ok. The level design is absolute garbage and the story is a total mess, which makes for a very bad game, but it's -nowhere- near as bad as ORC
---
"im gonna kill all the babies"- fluttershy, 2008
#13RadjerDadjerPosted 7/13/2014 1:25:49 PM(edited)
I'm sorry but this game was very fairly bashed, take way the resident evil name and you have yourself a generic third person shooter with a s**** camera, s***** controlls, and a lack luster story with enough explosions for 4 micheal bay movies. As a 3rd person shooter this game was crap, as a resident evil it was a mortal sin and a big old middle finger to resident evil fans every where. An b4 "why you on this board then" I'm always checking in to see if anyone has any info/rumors for possible future RE games.

I still don't understand why you're here. Your claim sounds like bull, frankly, you could just check various sites for that, not a random message board for the second newest game in the series. And you certainly didn't have any reason to read, let alone post in a thread about the multiplayer modes. I don't get why people like to frequent boards for games they hate just to whine. No one's making you post here, you just come off as petty and bitter. I loved Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and the sequels have been objectively bad, not just different, but you're not going to find me frequenting the board for Forgotten Sands to whine about how they screwed it up.
Nah even ORC is better, at least ORC knew what it wanted to be, a third person shooter. At least it had an interesting setting and background for the story. Playing the bad guys during the Raccoon city incident was fun and had some nostalgic moments even if some areas were not as i remember them. The game could have been much better but at least it didn't have 100 QTE's, driving segments and a bunch of other crap pulling it down, RE 6 didn't know what it wanted to be.
Okay, I just got the game, so can someone tell me, is it common to find whiny fanboys frequently dropping in here to complain, a year after the fact, about how much they hate this game because it's not like RE2?
#14BlueJester007Posted 7/23/2014 10:04:38 AM
RadjerDadjer posted...
Okay, I just got the game, so can someone tell me, is it common to find whiny fanboys frequently dropping in here to complain, a year after the fact, about how much they hate this game because it's not like RE2?

You got to understand why people are "whining". After the meh sequel to RE4 that was RE5, people were expecting something better. They were expecting something that could rival the greatness that was RE4. The way it was advertised made it sound awesome: 3 different campaigns, the ability to walk and shoot, a website dedicated to all the stuff you do in the game, Chris and Leon finally in a game together, etc.

Then the demo came out, and it just got worse from there. The game just didn't live up to all the hype people were expecting it to. It's hard to blame people for "whining", because they just want a game that was as good RE4, yet they just keep getting semi-decent crap pushed out just to make a quick buck. Before you start harping on the people who didn't like the game, play it and see for yourself why they were disappointed.
---
We get to the end of the hallway and take a f***in' s***!
#15SiLVeR_420Posted 7/26/2014 9:02:26 PM
With Mikami gone we'll never get a game as good as RE4 again.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
Yukari Takebas biggest fan
#16RadjerDadjerPosted 7/30/2014 12:31:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17RadjerDadjerPosted 7/30/2014 12:42:01 PM(edited)
It's not whining to dislike a game, but I can't understand how it's not whining to frequent a board for something you hate just to complain about it everyday. I hate pewdiepie, but I'm not going to watch all his videos and complain about how terrible he is. If you don't like it, just leave the people who enjoy it to discuss it among themselves.

And I don't agree with the counterarguments for this. If you want to discuss the series, do it on the Revelations board, that game's newer, especially the console versions, plus it's more like the older ones you love.

Plus, the argument that it's balanced because there are actually people criticizing the game is terrible, people criticize stuff they love all the time, I know I have plenty of problems with this game that I'll point out, like the fact that too much of the content is made up of online pvp crap. I never hear any specific complaints of the game from people who hate it, other than "it's not Resident Evil 2". All I hear from them is generic, unspecified complaints like "the controls suck", "the graphics suck", and "the story sucks" (In what way do they suck?). The only concrete criticisms seem to come from people who enjoy the game. So clearly it's not providing balance.

5 and 6 really aren't as different from 4 as people claim. Yeah, the stories take themselves more seriously than 4. Leon was a way more interesting protagonist in that game with his one-liners. The game had a slower pace due to the single player gameplay. There were more puzzles. It was somewhat less linear. It was scarier. It was (slightly) less action-y. We could've done without the enemies with guns. There are too many QTEs in 6. And its controls were more like the old games (though I remember many people finding the inability to simply sidestep a slow moving arrow a flaw). I can see why people don't like it as much as 4, and I definitely wish it was more like 4 in most of these areas. But for people to say that 4 is one of the best games ever, and the best in the series, and that 5 and 6 are the worst in the series is ridiculous. They're not that radically different. Get real. There's so much drama with people overreacting, that they turn valid complaints into ridiculous exaggerations.

With Mikami gone we'll never get a game as good as RE4 again.

He made Shadow of the Damned, it's pretty similar.

As for staying on-topic, the online community is pretty dead aside from survivors, which seems like crap to me so far, so it's best to make friends on Live and arrange games with them.

I meant to edit this, I hit the wrong button. I don't know why it leaves my old post up there.
#18CollegeDevilPosted 7/31/2014 8:54:53 AM
http://youtu.be/urpHwgOujcw
---
Zero Stones! Zero Crates!
#19Sega9599Posted 8/7/2014 8:59:02 AM
RadjerDadjer posted...

5 and 6 really aren't as different from 4 as people claim. Yeah, the stories take themselves more seriously than 4. Leon was a way more interesting protagonist in that game with his one-liners. The game had a slower pace due to the single player gameplay. There were more puzzles. It was somewhat less linear. It was scarier. It was (slightly) less action-y. We could've done without the enemies with guns. There are too many QTEs in 6. And its controls were more like the old games (though I remember many people finding the inability to simply sidestep a slow moving arrow a flaw). I can see why people don't like it as much as 4, and I definitely wish it was more like 4 in most of these areas. But for people to say that 4 is one of the best games ever, and the best in the series, and that 5 and 6 are the worst in the series is ridiculous. They're not that radically different. Get real. There's so much drama with people overreacting, that they turn valid complaints into ridiculous exaggerations.

I'm glad somebody said it. In fact, at least with Resi 6 and 5, the two-player co-op function endavoured me to replay it more than I did Resi 4.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....