Does resident evil need more gory deaths?

#1LETmeLIVE71526Posted 6/6/2014 1:40:48 AM
I've seen the death scenes in recent entries ,and I've gotta say.... THEY ARE BORING!!!!!!

All of these deaths seem very generic.
Half of the time most of them were "censored".
The only one that managed to faze me is the death when a zombie beats you to death with an axe.

In the old games (RE1-4) ,most deaths were uncensored and made me fear dying again.
I mean even brutal deaths contribute to the scare factor in games. ( They make me want to survive more often, and replay the game to see the deaths )
---
"I don't need to flirt, i will seduce you with my awkwardness"
#2BlueJester007Posted 6/6/2014 6:53:52 AM
I would say, yes. Bring back the decapitation. I'm tired of seeing my character get some blood on their throat and then fall to the floor. If you're going to have a chainsaw guy in your game, have the balls to fully utilize him.
---
PSA:
http://tinyurl.com/9kbyjk9
#3Praise_the_Sun_Posted 6/10/2014 5:01:33 PM
Yup, miss the old death scenes, I mean given the graphics were not that great but it caused a real fear of the creatures knowing they could cut of your head, or a pack of zombies eat your body, or nemisis punch a tentical through you skull while the camera slowly panned away and the game taunted you with the "you're dead".
---
___"hey is that a... *smashed by boulder*
#4Praise_the_Sun_Posted 6/10/2014 5:04:40 PM
How ever I know part of the issue is Japan has had a ban on decapitation (and most other violent gory death scenes) sence shortly after resident evil 4. And consider resident evil was created in Japan they abide by those bans in most (if not all) modern resident evils.
---
___"hey is that a... *smashed by boulder*
#5LETmeLIVE71526(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 12:35:34 AM
Well they should show at least a long brutal scene if decapitations aren't allowed..
or a new chainsaw enemy that cuts you diagonally from shoulder to waist with blood everywhere and a creepy laughter while "you are dead" shows up
---
#6GoldsicklePosted 6/25/2014 12:18:24 AM
LETmeLIVE71526 posted...
In the old games (RE1-4) ,most deaths were uncensored and made me fear dying again.

People seem to have a distorted memory when it comes to toned down violence in RE.

The whole "censored violence" thing started as early as Code: VERONICA.
It carried over to the REmake and RE0 (you never see any decapitation of human characters in these games).

The violence peaked with RE4, where you have the most realistic decapitation in the series, as well as some notable death scenes, like the Novistador's acid bath and the U3's bisection.

The toned down violence in RE5 & RE6 is most likely due to the development team trying their best to conform to the censorship standards of various regions, so that there are no drastic version differences, allowing players from any country to join sessions for online.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#7BlacknGold86Posted 6/29/2014 6:14:42 PM
LETmeLIVE71526 posted...
I've seen the death scenes in recent entries ,and I've gotta say.... THEY ARE BORING!!!!!!

All of these deaths seem very generic.
Half of the time most of them were "censored".
The only one that managed to faze me is the death when a zombie beats you to death with an axe.

I mean even brutal deaths contribute to the scare factor in games. ( They make me want to survive more often, and replay the game to see the deaths )

You grew up.

Well, kinda I guess...
---
My current all-time favorite song of the week #8- No More Tears by Ozzy Osbourne:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty71dvQog4Q
#8LETmeLIVE71526(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 4:33:17 AM
Yeah...i guess. But I guess the evil within will fill my gore needs cause I heard that Japan has to buy gore mode dlc to see the blood and stuff
---
#9RadjerDadjerPosted 7/13/2014 12:14:20 PM
I just got shoved into a meat grinder. They didn't show anything, but still, holy ****.
#10SiLVeR_420Posted 7/27/2014 4:38:38 PM
The deaths in this are more gruesome then anything in RE4/5. The worst RE4 got was decapitation. RE5 had nothing.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
Yukari Takebas biggest fan