proper reisident evil 2/resident evil 3 remake.

#1Praise_the_Sun_Posted 6/10/2014 5:24:32 PM
I've been playing all the resident evils again lately and it got me thinking. If the gaming gods ever bless us with a resident evil 2 & 3 remake (something crapcom was planning around the time of zero and the first remake untill remake had low sale as it was only ever on the game cube) that it should stick with the fixed camera angles and tank controlls of the original games. Now I know some of you are of the opinion that these things are archaic and have no place in the modern gaming world, but I would say otherwise. The fixed camera angles mad it impossible to no what any room you entered contained, was it a fancy new shotgun? Is there a first aid spray your desperate for? Or was it some terrible beasty just waiting for the opportunity to eat your face? It built tension, and players had to rely on audio cues to identify threats. The clicking of talons and soft hisses of lickers, the hungry moans of a zombie, the terrifying shrieks of a hunter. All this built tensions and contributed to the feeling of tension and anxioty. And the tank controlls every claims are horrible, to me were brilliant, they gave you the feeling of helplessness. That any miss pressed buttons could get you chewed on. It's hard to be afraid of anything in the modern resident evils as when I enter a new room o can instantly identify all threats and promptly empty a clip into it's face. To me resident evil lost it magic feeling with resident evil 4, now I enjoy that game but it was the turning point of the series, gone were the feelings of dread, gone where the panicky sprints through dangerous territory. Now I see a zombie/monster/brain parasite infecty, shrug, and promptly empty my assault rifle into his/her/it's face. Well thatsvthe end of my little rant I guess. Cheers.
---
___"hey is that a... *smashed by boulder*
#2EQOAnostalgiaPosted 6/19/2014 2:28:41 PM
It's never going to happen sadly.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
#3admiral84Posted 6/19/2014 3:46:51 PM
I think Sony and Nintendo have rights to the first 3
---
XBL Tag: StandloneCmplex
That's funny, my kids are called Morrowind, Vivec and Mudcrab Merchant. ~Solusx2
#4este914Posted 6/20/2014 7:28:26 AM
And rightfully so. It shouldn't happen. Cant we leave some of the classics alone? Or does everything have to be re-made now-a-days?
---
.The One ... [ este914 ] ... The Only.
Knowledge Speaks. Wisdom Listens.
#5EQOAnostalgiaPosted 6/21/2014 7:16:18 AM
Uhhh remakes are epic, did you not play REmake on wii and gamecube!? I think you are the only person i have EVER seen say no to a classic RE Remake... you must be a newcomer to the series.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
#6BlueJester007Posted 6/21/2014 9:06:54 AM(edited)
este914 posted...
And rightfully so. It shouldn't happen. Cant we leave some of the classics alone? Or does everything have to be re-made now-a-days?

Well, just take a look at RE4 and its nine million versions. When we get a classic that sells like hotcakes, you can bet your ass that the companies responsible for that classic are going to milk it dry. If Shinji Mikami's new game, the Evil Within, does really well, we'll probably get five million versions of it.
---
PSA:
http://tinyurl.com/9kbyjk9
#7admiral84Posted 6/21/2014 8:17:57 PM
este914 posted...

I would like the REmake, 2,3, and Zero to come over to the 360 or X1. I don't need a full remake, a re-texturing and glitch fixing is enough.
---
That's funny, my kids are called Morrowind, Vivec and Mudcrab Merchant. ~Solusx2
#8MaverickneoPosted 7/3/2014 8:31:01 AM
The problem is this. They have to make money, they also have to cater to two different generations of gamers.

If they "remade" RE 2 and 3 they would basically have to start from the ground up taking from what they have and really changing the control style which would then, change the whole gameplay in a sense.
#9admiral84Posted 7/14/2014 9:10:23 PM
Maverickneo posted...
The problem is this. They have to make money, they also have to cater to two different generations of gamers.

If they "remade" RE 2 and 3 they would basically have to start from the ground up taking from what they have and really changing the control style which would then, change the whole gameplay in a sense.

They retextured Veronica, fixed some bugs and called it good. Why couldn't they do the same for those?
---
#10MaverickneoPosted 7/17/2014 8:41:12 PM
The fans dont want an "HD" version...Veronica looks bearable because its HDish, just cleaner, graphics are the same.

What the fans want is the Gamecube "remake" or RE1 done to RE2 and 3.