Do I seriously have to spend hours on residentevil.net to unlock everything?

#1RadjerDadjerPosted 7/11/2014 7:21:37 PM
Is doing all this crap on the site, doing all this networking and facebook posting or whatever garbage, really necessary to get all the costumes, weapons, and files for this game and Revelations? Please tell me this isn't true, or it isn't as much of a pain in the ass as I think. I don't have the time for this bull****, I have a job and college, so I don't need to waste all my day on the internet going through this crap. Is there at least a really fast trick someone has for getting tons of points to unlock everything? And why did Capcom do this? I honestly would prefer the old on-disc DLC crap, at least I wouldn't have to go through all of this garbage.
#2BlueJester007Posted 7/13/2014 5:42:15 AM
Yeah. In order to unlock the EX2 Costumes, you have to play RE6 a bunch to build up points on RENet. In order to unlock the EX3 Costumes, you to get special tickets. You can only get those by completing certain events that Capcom puts on the site.
It's stupid, I know. I wish these things were actually in-game unlockables. It might actually give me a reason to play through the campaign.
---
We get to the end of the hallway and take a f***in' s***!
#3RadjerDadjer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 7:50:35 AM(edited)
Damn, they actually outdid on-disc DLC. Instead we have on-disc do a bunch of unnecessary BS. It's like Capcom's become that desperate person in a relationship who has to get a call from you twice every day.

At least tell me that the thing with the tickets is just for participating in events, and not being among the top players, because that would mean getting them is impossible if you actually have a job and are thus too busy to spend hours practicing.

And I've looked around, and I've heard people saying they got a ticket just for entering the site for the first time. I never did. What the hell, Capcom?
#4BlueJester007Posted 7/13/2014 7:58:57 AM
RadjerDadjer posted...
At least tell me that the thing with the tickets is just for participating in events, and not being among the top players, because that would mean getting them is impossible if you actually have a job and are thus too busy to spend hours practicing.

I'm not quite sure about that. I believe you get a ticket just by participating in an event. I'm not exactly sure how the whole ticketing system works. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing this game: too many artificial barriers.
---
We get to the end of the hallway and take a f***in' s***!
#5Vergil_NoivernPosted 7/16/2014 1:52:37 PM
I've played enough RE6 and RENET events to vouch on the tickets.
Most events have a target goal and as long as you take part in the event AND the target goal is hit (by all players taking part) you get a SP Ticket.
Target Goals are usually along the lines of reach x number of blahblah medal.
If you took part and the target is hit (even if you only got 1 of whatever the event was) you get the SP Ticket. I tend to place in the top 500 when I actually take part in the events (and that's with just 20-50 medals/whatever the event is for).

The events aren't really worth the time or hassle. As most events have been TEAM events and unless you know people you end up on a SYSTEM TEAM with a bunch of people who don't give a crap and never score any medals for the event.

When I took part in the events I got a total of 5 SP Tickets and a bunch of junk for my 360 avatar and home screen.
---
2ds FC - 4012-5414-2018
Poison Safari - Kakuna, Ariados, Drapion
#6ANARCHYRULZPosted 7/20/2014 4:02:31 PM
man when i first heard about re.net right before the game was released i was so excited.

This could have been a great opportunity but it was handled so dam awful its not even funny. its pretty crap.

They should have just made it so the more you play the game in any mode, the more points you gain and with those points you unlock whatever the hell you want using the website. should have kept it simple with none of this special token bs
---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?
#7RadjerDadjer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 7:06:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8RadjerDadjer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 6:03:48 PM
Why is this post here?