RE6 PC Development Status

#1shonenleePosted 9/17/2012 2:14:25 PM
Since RE6 for the consoles is only a few weeks away, the PC version is now under development. It may be a long wait before any specifics will be released as per Sven of Ask Capcom, but I hope they can make this version at par or even exceeded RE5 PC (which I'm still playing now), especially it has 4 campaigns to boot.

Here's the link regarding the PC status:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29363097/re6-demo-for-pc

My safe estimate that the PC might be available early or mid 1st QTR 2013. =)
---
I've got a job to do, and I'm gonna see it through ~ Chris Redfield, RE5
#2LazyyAmericanPosted 9/17/2012 7:18:01 PM
Uggh...terrible. I really don't want to waste cash on the god awful screen tearing galore console versions :(.
---
"Only the badasses should use the elevator" account of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse
#3iMpLuXPosted 9/19/2012 12:47:08 PM
I hope we get the DLC this time around. No reason why we couldn't have gotten the Gold version of RE5. I figured this game wasn't going to get a PC port since it seemed like Capcom abandoned PC gamers altogether.
---
AMD FX 8150 BE, MSi 990FXA-GD80, MSi HD 7950 TF3 3GB, 4x 4GB KHX DDR3 1600, Corsair TX850W, Corsair H100, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD w/ 7 Pro 64, Antec DF-85
#4shonenlee(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 2:02:21 PM
iMpLuX posted...
I hope we get the DLC this time around. No reason why we couldn't have gotten the Gold version of RE5. I figured this game wasn't going to get a PC port since it seemed like Capcom abandoned PC gamers altogether.

I do hope so, Sven promised that things will get better for us PC gamers, so I guess a DLC will be considered.
---
I've got a job to do, and I'm gonna see it through ~ Chris Redfield, RE5
#5jlee123Posted 9/25/2012 9:09:23 AM
It took Capcom 6 months to get the SSF4 AE 1.07 patch out after the console update. Six. MONTHS. For a bugfix patch.

I will not be buying anything more from Capcom on PC, they quite obviously consider their PC customers to do 2nd class citizens. Gearbox didn't pull any crap with Borderlands 2. Same release date as console, same DLC options, LAN connection allowed for PC multiplayer. Not all console devs treat PC gamers like trash, so I see no reason why anyone should support Capcom's PC releases until there's some sort of mutual respect.
#6MuhammadJAPosted 9/25/2012 9:22:05 AM
Good news so far. I still hope they won't support GfWL.
#7Devil_KnowingPosted 10/9/2012 10:42:40 PM
I learned my lesson after Operation Racoon City. Crapcom can take RE6 and shove it up their backsides.
#8TheWayOfTheGunPosted 10/11/2012 10:13:10 AM
"Uggh...terrible. I really don't want to waste cash on the god awful screen tearing galore console versions :(."

There is zero screen tearing in the final game and I haven't noticed the framerate skips that I did when playing the demo.

The overall textures are really bad though. If they update those as well as the character models this game can look amazing on the PC. The lighting and shadows are already great. The shadows especially.
#9ShinruzPosted 10/11/2012 7:42:55 PM
Devil_Knowing posted...
I learned my lesson after Operation Racoon City. Crapcom can take RE6 and shove it up their backsides.

Its so sad now a days that someone can't even manage to put aside a few moments just to look things up before they post something they obviously have no clue about.
#10lkhlkhPosted 10/11/2012 9:33:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]