Is this game even worth it anymore?

#1swongqPosted 1/31/2013 1:21:37 AM
The game has been out for the PS3 and Xbox 360 for a while. As much as I like the Resident Evil series but have not touched RE6 for the other consoles, is it even worth getting?
#2yem69420Posted 2/1/2013 1:29:22 PM
It is considered by most to be better than 5. I think it is worth getting, I got it day 1 for PS3 and enjoyed the hell out of it. I really don't consider it to be better than 5, but about the same. They added some cool things like melee but took out certain things like "real guns" and weapon upgrading. Also there are zombies that can shoot guns. It reminds me of Army of Two mixed in with RE 5.
---
psn, steam ID: yem69420
MW3 Ally Code: 2823-9199-3419
#3MacrossSpecialPosted 2/1/2013 7:21:34 PM
It is extremely mediocre and like 80% of the game is like the last few chapters of re5 with all the zombies with guns. There are not many weapons either.

I would only recommend it to hardcore fans who are willing to look past a lot of shortcomings.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#4RKOL3G3NDK1LL3RPosted 2/2/2013 10:22:55 PM
dsp put it in his top 10
its a good game
just complainers crying about it being an action game

the reason I did not buy it is capcom
I don't want to pay full price for any capcom game

so I will be waiting for steam sale
#5deimos91Posted 2/3/2013 10:44:00 AM
yem69420 posted...
It is considered by most to be better than 5. I think it is worth getting, I got it day 1 for PS3 and enjoyed the hell out of it. I really don't consider it to be better than 5, but about the same. They added some cool things like melee but took out certain things like "real guns" and weapon upgrading. Also there are zombies that can shoot guns. It reminds me of Army of Two mixed in with RE 5.

think the latter third of RE5 but better combat story and fluidity
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#6olpfanPosted 2/13/2013 7:57:26 PM
I wasn't impressed by RE6. There are to many quick time events and interruptions in the campaign. I couldn't really get into the story at all. Co-op and mercenaries is alright. There are many many short-comings and way better games out there.

If you interested, rent it or borrow it from a friend. This game is not worth anything above $15.
#7Mhunter04Posted 2/15/2013 1:14:17 AM
RE6 is considered a interactive-movie rather than a game by many especailly by longtime fans of the series. Heck, the game is almost completely devoid of backtracking, limited puzzles (most of them are short and rather simple to begin with) and tons of Quick-time initiated events, don't like QTE? well too bad then because RE6 have loads of them throughout start to finish.

Still I would getting this just for the sake of being a die hard fans of the franchise though this is likely the last RE "game" I would ever purchase if Cashcom don't buckle up on how they are taking the direction of RE.
#8Cosmic_CoyotePosted 2/15/2013 7:48:25 AM
I started playing RE games since the first one in PSX, and i can tell you the game is pretty good and it have a bit of each genere (horror, zombies, puzzles, action, shooter, Stalker enemy, etc...) to please everyone.

The game is also way better than the boredom feast that was RE5, and even Chris is now interesting this time around, it also features characters like DMC4 Dante... errr Leon S. Kennedy, Ada, Cherry, and also new characters like Helena that is great and Cole from infamous (or is he Starkiller? i donīt know all re use the same model) that is called Jake here.

About your question... IMO I will buy it just because I enjoye dthe game, also via the rewards I can get RE5 for PC (that I refursed to get all this time for PC as there is no logic reason for no RE5 Gold content for PC) and maybe we will get the season pass and all the DLC for free.

Other than that people who alerady have the game on consoles and specially those who disliked it or already paid for all the DLC to date on consoles SHOULD NOT buy it (unless you really like to have it on PC for any particular reason) as this gameīs release date is a middle finger to all PC users, considering the game was out back in october and we are getting this in march.... but oh well, I want to see Helena on my PC ^_^
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#9TheWayOfTheGunPosted 2/16/2013 4:10:45 PM
The gameplay isn't actually all that bad. It just doesn't have the RE4 and RE5 feel to it and so it doesn't really feel like an RE at all, let alone like the original titles.
#10xwing210Posted 2/18/2013 2:12:08 PM
Well considering you can get the console versions for less than 20 bucks now, I'd say no. There are so many things wrong with this game that patches just will not fix like stupid monsters and tons of BS deaths from just about everything.