New trailer for Resident Evil Revelations: Unveiled Edition

#1WesfanboyneverPosted 2/14/2013 6:23:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-eJjzaap3E

Looks awesome.
---
What's to say really?
#2djepic112Posted 2/14/2013 2:40:52 PM
I dislike Hunk and I wish others would wake up and dislike him too. He's just a generic masked soldier, much like the many you kill in every game.
#3Doober2Posted 2/15/2013 12:58:19 AM(edited)
Yeah don't like Hunk.

Never played the 3DS game, I'm guessing Hunk is a new gameplay mode to console and PC versions?

What else are they adding to it?
---
Currently Playing:Far Cry 3, Dead or Alive 5, Ni No Kuni
#4ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/15/2013 1:45:04 AM
Doober2 posted...
Never played the 3DS game, I'm guessing Hunk is a new gameplay mode to console and PC versions?

Hunk is indeed a new addition.

Here's a list I had posted on another board with the improvements over the 3DS version:

http://www.examiner.com/article/resident-evil-revelations-high-price-tag-and-more-explained-by-capcom

The mentioned improvements are:

-Upgraded RAID mode
-New costumes
-Completely redone HD visuals
-New characters to play as (besides Hunk, rumors say that other characters from Mercenaries 3D could be added, and I have heard a lot of people requesting to play as Rachel).
-New skills
-New customization parts
-New enemies (one of them is said to be like Nemesis, constantly pursuing the player which means that there will be no safe zones; In the official site check at the bottom of the character page of for an image of it: http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhrev_ue/character.html)
-More challenging difficulty modes
-Reduced/optimized loading
-Enemy/item positioning is now random to mix things up a bit
-RE.net integration and unlockables, etc.
-Inclusion of a platinum trophy.

Regarding the graphics compared to the Nintendo 3DS version, the answer was:

"Revs is not just a ‘filter’ slapped on the previous version. Our team literally went in and re-textured (sometimes recreated in whole) the models used for this version so rest assured it will look fantastic"

More recently, I have seen a picture in the ONM showing that some of the regular Ooze enemies will even appear half-mutated. The one in the picture still had a left human hand, his eyes hadn't disappeared completely yet and only the teeth on the right side of his face had grown to full length.
#5Doober2Posted 2/15/2013 1:52:26 AM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
Doober2 posted...

Hunk is indeed a new addition.

Here's a list I had posted on another board with the improvements over the 3DS version:

http://www.examiner.com/article/resident-evil-revelations-high-price-tag-and-more-explained-by-capcom

The mentioned improvements are:

-Upgraded RAID mode
-New costumes
-Completely redone HD visuals
-New characters to play as (besides Hunk, rumors say that other characters from Mercenaries 3D could be added, and I have heard a lot of people requesting to play as Rachel).
-New skills
-New customization parts
-New enemies (one of them is said to be like Nemesis, constantly pursuing the player which means that there will be no safe zones; In the official site check at the bottom of the character page of for an image of it: http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhrev_ue/character.html)
-More challenging difficulty modes
-Reduced/optimized loading
-Enemy/item positioning is now random to mix things up a bit
-RE.net integration and unlockables, etc.
-Inclusion of a platinum trophy.

Regarding the graphics compared to the Nintendo 3DS version, the answer was:

"Revs is not just a ‘filter’ slapped on the previous version. Our team literally went in and re-textured (sometimes recreated in whole) the models used for this version so rest assured it will look fantastic"

More recently, I have seen a picture in the ONM showing that some of the regular Ooze enemies will even appear half-mutated. The one in the picture still had a left human hand, his eyes hadn't disappeared completely yet and only the teeth on the right side of his face had grown to full length.

Ah, thanks.

And you've no idea how much Random Enemy positioning excites me. RE3 was my favorite in the series, and big reason for that, was the randomness of it . Surprising they never went anywhere with it in other games.

Also hope one of the costumes in RE3 Jill, though knowing Capcom it's probably battlesuit Jill with blond hair *vomits*
---
Currently Playing:Far Cry 3, Dead or Alive 5, Ni No Kuni
#6ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/15/2013 8:19:28 PM
Doober2 posted...
Ah, thanks.

And you've no idea how much Random Enemy positioning excites me. RE3 was my favorite in the series, and big reason for that, was the randomness of it . Surprising they never went anywhere with it in other games.

Also hope one of the costumes in RE3 Jill, though knowing Capcom it's probably battlesuit Jill with blond hair *vomits*

Well, in Mercenaries 3D they did add RE3 Jill as her alternative costume, so at least we do have that somewhat recent precedent.
#7Nata5ha5Posted 2/17/2013 9:53:11 PM
I have loved HUNK since RE2 so this is an influence for my purchase. I'm really liking how it looks so far, I don't want to get a 3DS for just one game.