The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

LAN co-op like in Resident Evil 5?

#1vV_Ryudo_VvPosted 3/26/2013 1:11:55 AM
Games for Windows Live is far from perfect, but it did have it's good aspects. One of those was being able to play a game with family (e.g. brother) using the same CD key. So, not only would we have to buy the same game 3 times so we can play with each other, but I have the sneaking suspicion this game more than likely won't have LAN because of Steam (yes, I know there are games that do have it).

Can anyone who has the game explain what kind of co-op there is? Because if my suspicions are true, we are going to wait quite a while until the price drops a lot.
#2Link_AJPosted 3/26/2013 6:17:59 AM
There is a splitscreen coop, havent tried it yet. I think you need a controller for player 2
#3vV_Ryudo_Vv(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 5:48:26 PM
I see...

So, that's it? Only split-screen? Extremely disappointed if it is.
#4linkkhalid89Posted 3/26/2013 6:45:08 PM
I don't know why this is. The 360 version supported LAN play, but the PC version does not seem to.
#5vV_Ryudo_Vv(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:09:12 PM
Really? Wow. Incredibly lame that they take it out, especially when it was in the previous title. Everyone should be complaining about this.
#6linkkhalid89Posted 3/27/2013 10:09:57 PM
I'm going to wait for the first patch to see if they fix it. If not, I will probably contact Capcom.
#7vV_Ryudo_Vv(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 1:17:31 AM(edited)
That's all well and good, but......you're only one person. Unless the community itself starts complaining about it everywhere, I don't think they'd do anything. Why would they care what only a few people have to say?

EDIT: I've heard some people claim that this game is ported from the PS3 version. Don't know if that is true...