Ultimate Gundam Musou 4: Wishes, Wants, and Dreams!

#81blind51dePosted 8/11/2011 8:23:47 PM
Bright won't ever be back unless he's finally recast if/when they animate The Origin.
Same goes for Sayla.
Hopefully for Mirai, too. Her VA is so damn old.

They're all operator-material (and Sayla could pilot the 78).
---
I used to have a sig. But I got purged and used my sig and quote for a plea to the admins.
So I'll think of something later.
#82Gun SagePosted 8/11/2011 11:46:49 PM(edited)
ForteCanSwim posted...
And I want to clear up a misunderstanding you seem to have about the way things work. Some characters being in the game isn't "taking space" that is preventing somebody else from being there, especially if those characters don't even have their own unique mobile suits. It's not like they wanted to add the Frost brothers but had to say, "Oh, but Elle is in the game, I guess we can't do it," and it's not like they can only add X amount of characters to the game. The only characters you can blame this on are characters who are new additions, because you can reason that the developers made a decision to add them over characters who didn't get in.

Wrong... Even without unique suits to that character, if a character uses a "grunt" or "officer" suit (not a main suit that's unique and one-of-a-kind, but has a few running around), it has to be updated each game. Whether it's in graphics, animation, or power, time is taken to modify that suit. When that time is taken, it could be going to another character or suit.

Also, what makes you think audio takes up so much space? Even with full audio, including gun sounds, bullets hitting, footsteps, glass, etc etc, I'm willing to bet Modern Warfare 2 audio barely takes 200mb of data, and that's being really giving...

EDIT: Went and looked for myself, general google search, just a quick check, didn't bother doing an extreme amount of searching. Found one that's not compressed at 202.29 mb... That was a good guess lmao.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#83Charocks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 6:40:19 AM
There are ALOT of junk characters. If they make Fa, Roberto, and Apolly NPC only, then why should less important chatacters like Elle, Beecha, M'quve, etc be playable?

The Frost Bros are antagonists from the beginning as are Rau, Saachez, etc but a 3 episode man (who loves vases) gets to be in.

Elle and Beecha are honestly two of the most annoying characters in the game. You can have a whole conversation quoting Ramba Ral but Beecha and Elle have no epic lines.

They appear twice in most Musou ZZ's (a sham to be honest) and more popular series (SEED, G, 08th, etc) get snubbed almost entirely.
---
XBL GT- A Flying Ewok
PKMN White FC: 0303 9070 1396
#84ForteCanSwimPosted 8/12/2011 7:20:52 AM
Wrong... Even without unique suits to that character, if a character uses a "grunt" or "officer" suit (not a main suit that's unique and one-of-a-kind, but has a few running around), it has to be updated each game. Whether it's in graphics, animation, or power, time is taken to modify that suit. When that time is taken, it could be going to another character or suit.

And do Elle and Beecha or pretty much any of the characters we were talking about have their own grunt or class 2 suits? No. That aside, I don't know why you felt a need to reply to a post over two weeks old.

Also, what makes you think audio takes up so much space? Even with full audio, including gun sounds, bullets hitting, footsteps, glass, etc etc, I'm willing to bet Modern Warfare 2 audio barely takes 200mb of data, and that's being really giving...

Because it does. You chose a game that's, relatively speaking, not audio-intensive as an example. That doesn't prove anything. Obviously sound effects take almost nothing, but then again that's why I didn't say sound effects. Why do you think games like FFX, Persona, the Tales series etc. can only afford to have voice acting during the "important" scenes? There's not enough room on the disc to do a fully voiced game (and don't even get your hopes up for dual-language audio), you do that and what you get is Final Fantasy XIII, spanning 3 discs on the 360 version despite better data storage capabilities since those older games. Of course it's not the only thing consuming disc space, but it is a very large factor.

Look at games with large soundtracks like Final Fantasy VII, 250MB for the music alone (that would've been a third of the disc on each disc if they had been using real audio). Games like the SD Gundam G Generation series can't even have voice acting for all the characters in the game now even though each character only has a handful of lines because they have a roster of hundreds of characters. The 150-track OST of the latest game is 500MB alone (not compressed), they literally can't fit any more content into the game unless they ditch the PSP because something like 50% of the UMD is going to INCOMPLETE audio, and that's even after cutting a bunch of music from the last game.

Let me put it this way, until this generation there has never been a point in the history of video games where developers didn't have to worry about how audio was going to be handled except in low-use stuff like racing games. Before the PS1/N64 era it wasn't even thinkable to use non-emulated music, the soundtrack would've been several times bigger than the entire rest of the game. Full voice acting wasn't even plausible until the last generation, and even then not on any "big" game until this generation. Since the size of audio is for the most part static, it becomes comparatively smaller as technology evolves, which isn't true for things like graphics. So eventually we'll get to the point where all games can have as much room for music and voice acting as they need, but we're still far from it and audio is still very much a big consumer of disc space.
#85ForteCanSwimPosted 8/12/2011 7:36:41 AM
There are ALOT of junk characters. If they make Fa, Roberto, and Apolly NPC only, then why should less important chatacters like Elle, Beecha, M'quve, etc be playable?

Because Elle and Beecha aren't "junk" characters. They're equivalent to characters like Kai and Emma in terms of importance. They're not on the same level as people like Fa and Roberto, that's where Mondo belongs. Judau didn't solo ZZ, even though it seemed like it at times.

Now, is M'Quve out of place? I think so. He doesn't need to be in the game at all, nor does the Gyan, but if they do add him anyway, there's no reason to not let us use him. It should be like Sleggar. Playable or not in the game at all. Either that or operator only and never a pilot.

They appear twice in most Musou ZZ's (a sham to be honest) and more popular series (SEED, G, 08th, etc) get snubbed almost entirely.

You just don't understand the process of design. I don't know what to say to you at this point.
#86Charocks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 8:41:33 AM
@ Forte

In my opinion, Elle and Beecha are useless characters. You can disagree all you want. Comparing Kai and Emma are like apples and oranges though.

Emma is important to the story and plays a big role (piloting the Mk II) while Kai and Hayato pilot Guncannons. They barely fight, and then are reduced to nothing in Zeta.

M'quve is in 3 episodes and Gyan in 1. I don't think he should've ever been in any kind of game.

Now my friend has over 500 songs on an HDD and it barely takes up any space.

Disagree all you want, your not going to change my mind.
---
XBL GT- A Flying Ewok
#87ForteCanSwimPosted 8/12/2011 10:35:58 AM
In my opinion, Elle and Beecha are useless characters. You can disagree all you want. Comparing Kai and Emma are like apples and oranges though.

Well, then is it fair for me to say the same thing about other characters? For example, will you agree with me if I say this? Karen and Sanders are useless characters, Kai and Hayato are useless characters, Emma and Reccoa, Quess, the Cyclops Team, everyone on the Albion except Kou and Nina, the Shuffle Alliance, Sochie, Yzak and Dearka... well, I could keep going but I don't have to. What do you think?

Emma is important to the story and plays a big role (piloting the Mk II) while Kai and Hayato pilot Guncannons. They barely fight, and then are reduced to nothing in Zeta.

B... barely fight? Kai and Hayato are in like every battle of First Gundam, man.
How can you say that about Emma's role (piloting the Mk II) when Elle does the exact same thing in ZZ? And what exactly did she ever do that made her important? I mean, if Emma weren't in Zeta, what would've happened differently?

M'quve is in 3 episodes and Gyan in 1. I don't think he should've ever been in any kind of game.

You know, I won't lie and say that he's an important character, and I'm the type of person who prefers the movie version of 0079 over the TV series, so for my preferred version there's no Gyan or Adzam at all. But I can see where it wouldn't be a bad thing to have the Gyan and M'Quve sometimes. Stuff like Federation vs Zeon and G Generation. But he's pretty unnecessary in this game until they decide to do something more, like a conquest mode or proper story. Still, if he's gonna be in the game, they might as well let us use him. The data's all already there.

Now my friend has over 500 songs on an HDD and it barely takes up any space.

I just selected 500 songs in my iTunes library. 2.3GB.
I don't know what you were getting at, but I wouldn't exactly call 2.3GB "barely any".

Disagree all you want, your not going to change my mind.

Are you talking about Beecha and Elle? I don't mind if you think Beecha and Elle are useless characters. You're free to think that. But if you and others are going to go around and insist that they have no point in this game then I'm going to disagree under most conditions.

Or, if you're talking about how this or that is more deserving to be in this game than other things, I don't care if you understand why, but you need to accept that there is a reason why they make the choices that they make for the content in the game.
#88shiro_amayagiPosted 8/14/2011 9:14:06 PM
I'm confused.

I thought this topic was about happy things, like what we want in the next game. o_o

Y U FITE?
---
~Official Kairi of the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Vol. 2 board~
Thinking of you, wherever you are...
#89Charocks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2011 11:18:22 AM
Because opinion on here = fight! Anyways...

RX-78-2 "Bright Gundam" SP is OHKO Bright slap on anyone (MA's too)
---
XBL GT- A Flying Ewok
#90Kaiser98821Posted 8/15/2011 11:49:20 AM
Did someone ask for Bright in the Gundam? No? Well I'll put it here anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nKV1F4_SoE
---
Nun: Have you come to our humble church to pray for salvation?
Cthulhu: No, not really. I just like to go around towns and talk to everyone. Force of habit.
More topics from this board...
Looking for online playbbiidoublezy57/2 7:50PM