What causes bravery break?

#1bj91xPosted 3/30/2011 9:17:06 PM
I read that this occurs if I get while recovering my bravery after connecting with an HP attack. However, the AI is constantly breaking my bravery when I didn't use any HP attacks at all.
---
Kupo, Kupo, Kupo!!!
#2Thunder_SniperPosted 3/30/2011 9:18:56 PM
Troll?

Anyway...it's hard to not notice, but it's when your bravery drops below 0.
---
I'm a programmer, breaking Physics is my job!
- GladeAnator/Thunder_Sniper - Future Video Game Programmer
#3DeltaRay7Posted 3/30/2011 9:19:33 PM
dropping their Bravery below 0 and after you land a HP attack your bravery is 0 for like few mili seconds so if you get hit by bravery attack while recovering u get broken soo first thing you should do after landing a HP hit is block/dodge.
---
Easy Desperado/Feral Chaos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZSgQL1rDmo
#4Espeon8Posted 3/30/2011 9:19:35 PM
You receive bravery break if at any time your bravery falls below 0. This is most common while recovering from using an HP attack, because your brave just dropped to 0, so any attack will break you. But if you keep getting hit by your opponent's brave attacks, you can wind up dropping below 0 brave anyway.
---
"For zeal for Your house has consumed me,
And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me."
- Psalm 69:9
#5FranckKnightPosted 3/30/2011 9:19:52 PM
You can lose bravery through bravery attacks as well, if you haven't noticed.

A Bravery Break is when you lose all Bravery. Using an HP attack makes you vulnerable because your Bravery goes down to 0 and slowly refills. The higher damage you did, the slower it regains, but you can speed it up by connecting with another HP attacks again.

Some HP attacks also have a certain amount of Bravery damage attached to them, which can cause Break just before you get damaged. Same with Ex Bursts, where the button press increases the amount of bravery you get for the extra damage part.
---
Shameless plug for personal gaming blog :
http://fk-nantonaku.blogspot.com
#6Sir_AnubisPosted 3/30/2011 9:22:18 PM
-getting hit by brv atk and reaching below 0 brv
-getting wall damage and reaching below 0 brv
-some summons can cause brv break
---
played more hours on kenka bancho than assassin's creed blood lines..
#7ConfusedGamerPosted 3/30/2011 9:24:25 PM
FranckKnight posted...

The higher damage you did, the slower it regains, but you can speed it up by connecting with another HP attacks again.

This is not true. Bravery refresh isn't dependent on how much HP damage you've dealt, but on how high your base Bravery is and the length of time since your last HP attack.
---
PSN: ruinandchaos85
#8FranckKnightPosted 3/30/2011 9:28:02 PM
It's just how the game explains it though, seriously. The more HP damage you've dealt, the slower it regens to your base HP. If you do an attack of 0-10 HP, it restores to base Bravery almost instantly.
---
Shameless plug for personal gaming blog :
http://fk-nantonaku.blogspot.com
#9bj91x(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2011 9:47:40 PM
Ah, that's why. Thanks.

One more question. Is there a way to disable items for the AI as well in Quick Battle? I don't have the high quality items the AI has and it's getting pretty difficult to win a battle. My bravery attacks deal around 20~30 damage per hit. The AI's bravery attacks hit for around 200 per hit. Since I start with around 500 bravery, one move from the AI often breaks me at the beginning of a fight.

I tried turning off the items but it only disables them for me.
---
Kupo, Kupo, Kupo!!!
#10KnightMysterioPosted 3/30/2011 9:52:17 PM
Unfortunately, as far as I know, no there isn't. It was this way in the first game as well.

The best thing I can say is try to learn to use the characters better, or lower the difficulty. Each fight is winnable, even the three round fight against Chaos and the fight against Lvl 130 Feral Chaos.
---
--- Proud To Be White Tiger's Only Fanboy http://knightmysterio.tripod.com/whitetigershrine.html
Official M.Bison of the MvC3 Boards!