Final Fantasy XII

#11heartlesshero17Posted 9/9/2010 5:24:23 PM
Was that ever even addressed in Final Fantasy XII?

Yeah. The scene where they first confront Gabranth where Basch strangely does nothing
---
Kaine: "Or maybe I'll put you in the goddamn furnace! How can someone with such a big, smart brain get hypnotized like a little *****? Huh?"
#12I eat foodPosted 9/9/2010 5:24:47 PM
Vaan was always planned, but before he was Basch's squire rather then the Balthier's protoge.
#13Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2010 5:27:29 PM

Was that ever even addressed in Final Fantasy XII?

Yeah. The scene where they first confront Gabranth where Basch strangely does nothing

You should rewatch the scene, Basch and Gabranth have dialogue at the end of the "regular" conversation and if Basch is in your party during the battle at around the middle they will have a conversation
---
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions- Proof That You Can Improve On a Classic
#14heartlesshero17Posted 9/9/2010 5:28:03 PM
I havent played TA2 because I have no DS but I heard he was awesome there.

He's also awesome in RW. And is extremely well developed...Which is funny because that was the problem everyone had with him in the first game

---
Kaine: "Or maybe I'll put you in the goddamn furnace! How can someone with such a big, smart brain get hypnotized like a little *****? Huh?"
#15heartlesshero17Posted 9/9/2010 5:32:30 PM
You should rewatch the scene, Basch and Gabranth have dialogue at the end of the "regular" conversation and if Basch is in your party during the battle at around the middle they will have a conversation

Well yeah I know that. Just didn't want to point out Basch one quickly voiced sentence in a long drawn out cutscene that he should have really been involved with. It was his brother, and he barely said anything except for One line. At the very end of the cutscene.

Luckily they made up for it at the end with the second Gabranth encounter
---
#16Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2010 5:36:20 PM
I just sent a message to Bobby Edner asking him if he was involved in Dissidia 2 and reprising his role as Vaan.

cross your fingers and hope for a useful reply. I will tell you if I get anything back.

I wanted to ask Keith Ferguson but there are so many "Keith Fergusons" on Facebook and Twitter that I didnt know who to ask
---
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions- Proof That You Can Improve On a Classic
#17heartlesshero17Posted 9/9/2010 5:39:08 PM
I just sent a message to Bobby Edner asking him if he was involved in Dissidia 2 and reprising his role as Vaan.

cross your fingers and hope for a useful reply. I will tell you if I get anything back.

Even though I want Vaan the most, I'll just be happy if it gets fully represented(with Vayne)

I wanted to ask Keith Ferguson but there are so many "Keith Fergusons" on Facebook and Twitter that I didnt know who to ask

Isn't that Gabranth's VA?
---
#18TruePrimePosted 9/9/2010 5:40:56 PM
I got to say I will be alittle disapointed with no Vaan, but I will live, I got others so no biggie.

Now if they give both Vaan and Vayne the cold shoulder then screw XII, I ain't using it in 012.
---
PSN TruePrime
GamerTag TrueOptimus
#19Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2010 5:44:37 PM

Isn't that Gabranth's VA?

Kinda. Gabranths amazing VA from XII was unavailable when DFF was being recorded (he was in Italy) so they got Keith Ferguson (Basch's VA) to voice him in DFF.

I wanted to ask him about either. But I really want Gabranth's original voice back. That was the best in my opinion.
---
#20heartlesshero17Posted 9/9/2010 5:52:55 PM
But I really want Gabranth's original voice back. That was the best in my opinion.

Agreed. to me, that was the best VA any character from Square has ever done

If Basch is in with Gabranth they both need their original voice actors

---