I'm gonna LOL if Vaan is the next character and sit here and watch the madness

#1Bane_Of_DespairPosted 11/8/2010 5:32:15 AM
Although I will be sad ='( I wonder how much this board will freak out though lol I guess that alone is almost worth it =D

Any guesses on topics that would be made?
---
Official Sora of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim board.........XD
People who have commented on the contradiction of my signature thus far: 2
#2ClactorPosted 11/8/2010 5:47:13 AM
Most people have a strong enough feeling that he's going to be confirmed, possibly even next, that he basically already has for them. There are pretty strong hints that he will be, but, I'm sure when he is, there will be a few topics with people, unhappy, with this decision.
---
"lol....first off.....time doesnt even exist in space.....so your dead wrong on the spot there" - azure556
#3LEZARFD2K7Posted 11/8/2010 5:55:24 AM
Of course. There will be a mad storm of Balthier and Ashe fans raging over it. I think Vaan would be a nice hero counterpart for Gabranth, though. I'd prefer Ashe, but anyone from XII is good, really.
---
Dissidia/Dissidia 012 updates - http://dissidiaff.wordpress.com
Dissidia: Final Fantasy (PSP) - 648h 59m - 17,122Battles
#4Sasuke_Uchiha85Posted 11/8/2010 5:58:59 AM
I never really liked Vaan in 12. Though, that's probably my bias of y'know..Not liking twelve.

Ivalice is awesome, but 12 was the most unexciting game I played.
---
Goal in Black Ops: Succeed at life by doing the super secret "Spinning-backflip-ballerina-pirouette-ballistic-knife-headshot."~Trademarked~
#5LEZARFD2K7Posted 11/8/2010 6:00:46 AM
^ I didn't like Vaan either, story-wise, but his Quickening's looks pretty awesome. I was shocked when I saw how awesome Red Spiral looked.

On that note, what do you think he will be, in terms of battle-style? I mean, in XII, anyone could use any kind of weapon, armor, etc.? Is there an "official" class or weapon-class for Vaan? I would think Sword, but that's just because I see him as the main character (At least from the player's perspective) of XII.
---
Dissidia/Dissidia 012 updates - http://dissidiaff.wordpress.com
Dissidia: Final Fantasy (PSP) - 648h 59m - 17,122Battles
#6ClactorPosted 11/8/2010 6:04:56 AM
Honestly with Gabranth already in, Vaan makes the most sense. Because Gabranth uses knockoffs of all Basch's Quickenings for his EX burst, I never really saw Basch as a likely candidate as it would almost require them to change Gabranth's Ex burst altogether or else there'd be too many complaints. Vaan's got a workable story with Gabranth, perhaps not as good as Basch's but, better than Balthier and Ashe who work better with Dr. Cid and Vayne respectively. As for fighting, I kinda just picture him with a sword and a shield, like what he has from the start.
---
"lol....first off.....time doesnt even exist in space.....so your dead wrong on the spot there" - azure556
#7KadajStrifePosted 11/8/2010 6:49:32 AM
I don't mind him being in Dissidia duodecim as long as they don't over power his move sets and make him the strongest dissidia character.
#8Spiffy_1stPosted 11/8/2010 8:10:53 AM
I'd be happy since I want him in.

He's a much more 'different' character than most of the FF cast.
#9EurashalPosted 11/8/2010 8:51:37 AM
To be honest, I want him in... but only if he gets his TA2 Costume as an alt (which is a given) and has some of his RW or TA2 personality.

On that note, what do you think he will be, in terms of battle-style? I mean, in XII, anyone could use any kind of weapon, armor, etc.? Is there an "official" class or weapon-class for Vaan? I would think Sword, but that's just because I see him as the main character (At least from the player's perspective) of XII.

They'd probably base his moveset on Revenant Wings, where he had a thief moveset and could steal stats from the enemy.

So yeah, he'll be Guy with sword #3298 but he'll likely be using it one-handed and hopefully SE incorporate RW and even TA2 (Life of Crime is it?) attacks into his moveset.
---
IMO
#10Flare_TemplarPosted 11/8/2010 9:13:02 AM
no TC, imagine the chaos if Sora was somehow confirmed for Duodecim.
---
Playing the Final Fantasy Series again until Duodecim comes out. Currently completed 5,6,10,13. Currently Playing 7.