After seeing Yuna's scan its become obvious: Square's denying FFX-2's existence

#111RosiesBackFoolzPosted 1/12/2011 1:08:19 AM
*peeks at three of the posts on page 4* Is that a Fullmetal Alchemist reference I see? *loves FMA*
---
Not changing sig until Knuckles the Echidna wins a Character Battle.
When, oh, when will Digimon Xros Wars be dubbed? COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 2010 PREMIERS WHOOOO!
#112DW7stillrulesPosted 1/12/2011 1:11:16 AM

Liberal Degenerate posted...
Oh looking at the Famitsu all time best games list again it seems FFX-2 was actually there, my bad.

...31 places below FFX, lolz.
---
Time waits for no one.

I was talking about characters, not games.

Japan loved Yuna a lot more in X-2 than in X, even if they liked X more than X-2 in its entirety.

#113RPGSagaPosted 1/12/2011 1:17:32 AM
I finally found his problem. He wanted the same FF X back again. Nothing new, nothing changed. That much he loved the game (or Yuna?). He couldn't take the change. He wanted the meek, quiet rather than the liberal, I-can-do-anything Yuna.
Putting some thought into it, maybe he is the pervert, who, while playing FF X, did what he said people do while playing X2?
I just got what I wanted. I now understand his hatred. I won't feed his trollism anymore.
Sayonara (for real).

PS: I doesn't mean I won't come and read whatever others have to say, and, again, laugh at Degenerate's failures.
---
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Huh?
#114Vicious108(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2011 1:24:08 AM

His overuse of hyperboles is causing an ulcer in his brain that's causing his to exaggerate beyond proportions, making X-2 seem far worse than it actually is.

And just wait, he'll quote this, make some snarky, "I'm smarter than you" remark, proceed with bashing X-2 even more, and making even more of a fool of himself, since, honestly, he is part of a very small minority who vigorously hate X-2.

I'm smarter than you

Also, this is just an example but:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/562386-final-fantasy-x-2/reviews

Four out of five of the star awarded reviews give it scores of or below 4/10.

Being part of a minority doesn't mean much, but the people who've had the clear consciousness to realize how inherently flawed FFX-2 is instead of being swayed by the fanservice and propaganda hardly count as one.

Still, it's pretty amusing how this topic got filled with all these little comments of people who take these cheap shots at me when they have nothing to bring to the table and completely fail to step it up and try to prove whatever point they might be trying to make. Anyone with a brain can see who's actually got something to say and who's actually resorting to classless trolling here, so I'm not worried in the slightest.

Finally someone said it. We all agree on this, right? Can we leave this topic die now?

Now, now. I know "liking to help others" is the only appealing quality FFX-2 Yuna possesses, but it hardly encompasses her in-depth character in FFX, who had many other key traits which were either ignored or trampled on in FFX-2.

Sir, you did beat FFX2 right? Remember when Nooj planned to blow himself up with Baralai and himself? Do you remember Yuna's reaction? "It sucks." This is actually my favorite line in the game. She then proposed an alternate plan and followed through with it. She faced a machine greater than Sin and fought in unflinchingly. Yuna also managed to stop the Ronso from preforming genocide on Guado. She hated that Cid was using Zanarkand for personal gain and foiled him even though he's her uncle. She still sounds determined as hell to me.

I played until the final dungeon then I couldn't take it anymore and watched the rest of the cutscenes on youtube.

And I disagree. Those deeds alone are hardly comparable to her display in FFX, which was also all the more impressive due to the great burden she carried. In FFX-2 she had so much more freedom, but apparently it only made her weaker. By machine greater than Sin itself you mean the final boss, right? Well that's the exact fight before which she rambles on and on about regretting this and that in FFX, when she'd previously claimed in that game that "What I do... I do with no regrets."

She quite clearly suffers from heavy character derailment in FFX-2, hence why I treat the two as entirely different individuals.

Japan loved Yuna a lot more in X-2 than in X, even if they liked X more than X-2 in its entirety.

Oh nice. So what are you basing this precious piece of information on? And again, if they liked her X-2 self more why is FFX Yuna the one in Dissidia?

whoops

I finally found his problem. He wanted the same FF X back again. Nothing new, nothing changed. That much he loved the game (or Yuna?). He couldn't take the change. He wanted the meek, quiet rather than the liberal, I-can-do-anything Yuna.
Putting some thought into it, maybe he is the pervert, who, while playing FF X, did what he said people do while playing X2?
I just got what I wanted. I now understand his hatred. I won't feed his trollism anymore.
Sayonara (for real).

See you soon.
---
Time waits for no one.
#115AlmasNo1FanPosted 1/12/2011 1:31:11 AM
>_> looks like anima and the magus sisters pwned TC
---
Official Alma Beoulve of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards
#116SeargentSousukePosted 1/12/2011 1:36:52 AM
In FFX2 Yuna's defense she didn't know Tidus was going to disappear. She was scene doing the whistle thing at the end before her speech I believe. People can change their outlook on life you know. Yuna believed it was possible to destroy Vegnagun without sacrificing people and that's what she did! You can't say this is a compromise of her ability to choose and follow her own path when Nooj had a much easier plan.

Also you claim FFX Yuna has these in-depth characteristics and don't list any. C'mon man I can't have a debate unless you put forth more information! I remember FFX Yuna being thoughtful such as when she wanted to bring gifts to temples in thanks for the aeons (I think that's what they were for). She is indeed thoughtful in that she goes around saving the temples from dark aeons a couple years later.

And the review thing: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/reviews
Of these 'star' reviews (whatever the hell is the difference I don't know) more give it a 6 and lower then a 10. You're probably going to say that FFX2 had a lower average, but I don't think using these star reviews is some all mighty way to tell how good a game is. We could do this with any game. In fact! Here
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/945498-shin-megami-tensei-persona-4/reviews
Persona 4 got some nice 'star' reviews. By your logic it is a better game.Tell me, is it?

---
The OFFICIAL Sousuke Sagara of EVERYTHING.
#117SeargentSousukePosted 1/12/2011 1:39:48 AM
Oh, forgot to mention. Yuna stopped GENOCIDE! Are you actually going to downplay that? Guado would have all died because of Seymour's actions. Innocent lives. Yuna came in, stopped the genocide, and precious lives were saved. You honestly gonna downplay that?

---
The OFFICIAL Sousuke Sagara of EVERYTHING.
#118illusionturtlePosted 1/12/2011 1:40:42 AM
Limit Break OmniTroll activated.
---
I5-750 2.66 Stock Clock/Cooler | MSI 5770 "HAWK" 940Mhz GPU | H55-GD65
SG Barracuda 7200RPM 500GB | ANDYSON G530 530W | CM Centurion II 5 |
#119Vicious108(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2011 2:18:40 AM

People can change their outlook on life you know. Yuna believed it was possible to destroy Vegnagun without sacrificing people and that's what she did! You can't say this is a compromise of her ability to choose and follow her own path when Nooj had a much easier plan.

Well people can change yes, but Yuna did a 180 turn change and for the worse, hence my being displeased.

And honestly even if her achievement themselves may sound impressive, the way FFX-2 Yuna goes about them and acts while at them just ruins them for me. She totally lacks the nobility and grace she had in FFX and as a result her unbending steel will comes off more as an incessantly whiny wench's stubbornness.

Also you claim FFX Yuna has these in-depth characteristics and don't list any. C'mon man I can't have a debate unless you put forth more information!

Well I mostly assume they're self-evident and that most people are aware of them. But the main reasons why I like FFX Yuna are how her youth, innocence and gentle nature at first lead you to believe she's just a pampered and naive girl blindly following in her daddy's footsteps, which makes you wonder whether her spirit will be able to endure the quest and burden she's taken upon herself. But as the game proceeds you begin to see how beyond the aforementioned youth, innocence and gentle nature belie an unbending, almost Neitzschean, force of will. A core of determination that remains unshakable throughout the hardest of trials, including the loss of her beloved, from which she forces herself to immediately recover, due to her decision to be the world's symbol of hope, a position that calls for an ever unbending and unwavering existence, something Yuna is able to achieve with immense grace and solemnity, despite the fact that for most of the game only death seemingly awaited her at the end, making her a truly inspiring character in my eyes.

She follows through her chosen path, but when she gets to the end, she is presented with the harsh reality that everything's she's believed in since her childhood and that her father gave his life for was a lie. But instead of accepting it and giving in to fate, she renounces her father's path and forms her own, one devoid of comforting but false hope, because she follows through her own beliefs even in the face of a 1000 year old tradition. No matter what, she will not choose a path that she will regret later. That is how Yuna lives and that is why she's a fantastic character.

And I don't see any of that in FFX-2 Yuna, who as I've claimed before is filled with regret over her amazing accomplishments in FFX (http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/images/ff102/mono13.png). I understand the need for a decreased sense of duty and formality in a post-FFX Yuna, but like I said the way they went about it was just wrong and inherently tied to cheap marketing ploys in order to make her a more profitable video game sex symbol. They sacrificed her character and any artistic aspiration, integrity and ambition they'd shown in FFX and all for the sake of shameless fanservice. It's the lowest Square has sunken for sure.

And the review thing: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/reviews
Of these 'star' reviews (whatever the hell is the difference I don't know) more give it a 6 and lower then a 10. You're probably going to say that FFX2 had a lower average, but I don't think using these star reviews is some all mighty way to tell how good a game is.

I wasn't using the star reviews (which mean they were voted on as the best by the users) as a way to tell how good a game is. Why do people always ignore the context in which things are said? I was using those to show the portion of the fanbase that was vehemently and rightfully disappointed in FFX-2 is hardly "minor".
---
Time waits for no one.
#120Darksun45230Posted 1/12/2011 2:22:20 AM
You see what happened with Yuna's character no? It's classic role reversal.

Yuna should have been the one to make the "ultimate sacrifice" in X, but instead Tidus was the one who went away.
Tidus should have been the one in X-2, because X-2 Yuna acts like Tidus early on in X.

In FFX2 Yuna's defense she didn't know Tidus was going to disappear.

So... that's something she regrets?
Forgive me for sounding trite but if Yuna knew Tidus was going to disappear then wouldn't she have gone through destroying Sin anyway? What about the hundreds of thousands of people who would have suffered if Team X hadn't tried to destroy Sin? Would she really have quit if she knew Tidus was going to disappear?
---
[Gathering Hall Aristocrat]