Dissidia 3

#1fallenlionheartPosted 1/25/2011 2:39:03 PM
Lets just, for the sake of discussion, say Dissidia 012 content is all known. If you were in Square Enix's position, and wanted to sell Dissidia 3, what would you include? Keep in mind, pleasing the fanbase is the top priority. In other words, you put others wants before your own biased wants. In order to keep this fair, You can only include up to 10 characters and 10 stages.
I: Stage
II: Maria (Despite having low popularity, it has a high amount of usable characters, and NES fans need a rep)
III: Stage
IV: Rydia
V: Faris.
VI: Celes
VII: Another character, not sure who.
VIII: Rinoa (3rd most pop. character in 3rd best selling FF
IX: Vivi (I would prefer Garnet, but Vivi is more popular)
X: Auron. (More popular than seymour, despite my own bias
XI: Stage (no disrespect towards XI at all... I actually just really think XI's environments are grand.)
XII: Balthier or Ashe (next on the wanted list
XIII: Barthendelus or Sazh (popularity, or Story potential?)

Then the remaining stages are shifted to the more popular games.
---
Official Squall Leonhart of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Board
Official Yuna's Husband and XxEpic_Girl'sxX Soulmate. xD
#2_Sanaki_Posted 1/25/2011 2:41:15 PM
*pokes Lion*

And personally, I'd make it so every FF has two stages, three characters, and then see what space I'd have left over. FFXIV would be a bit short though, since it'd only have one rep that time around, if I did it that way.
---
Official Barthandelus, and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
Official Husband of Squall and Zidane of the Dissidia 012 Board.
#3fallenlionheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2011 2:47:26 PM

*pokes Lion*

I'm leaving for class. Email you when I get back.
---
Official Squall Leonhart of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Board
Official Yuna's Husband and XxEpic_Girl'sxX Soulmate. xD
#4darkdemon6666Posted 1/25/2011 3:09:39 PM
I think VII should get a stage. Maybe the top of the ShinRa building, or the Forest of the Ancients, or something else IMO. Everything else is a good idea though.
---
Official _____ of the ____ Boards
#5Star_FellPosted 1/25/2011 3:23:45 PM
For 1 I would like Red Mage, but it probably wont happen.
#6PhostophoPosted 1/25/2011 4:57:24 PM

Kept relative popularity in mind, as well as uniqueness and overall relavance to the plot. Working under the assumption that no characters like Vaan and Firion won't be drastically altered to make room for more party members from those games to be playable, as well as that characters like Squall and Terra won't be drastically altered to make room for characters like Vivi and Seifer. The only major change I made was bumping Shantotto to assist exclusive so that we could properly represent XI without wasting a third character slot on that game. If a game didn't have anyone who could work as playable, I gave it two assists. If you have to ask why VII and X get four characters and two assists, you've had your head in the sand for the past decade and a half.

Didn't account for anything beyond FNC.

38 playable characters, 19 assists.

I: WoL, Garland, Chaos (playable)

II: Firion, Emperor; Minwu assist, Leon assist

III: Onion Knight, CoD; Xande assist?

IV: Cecil, Kain, Golbez; Rosa/Rydia/Edward/Fusoya assist (we know it'll get something; Rosa is the last main but she's not very popular)

V: Bartz, ExDeath, Gilgamesh; Faris/Galuf assist? (any class could be represented; I'm hoping for blue mage)

VI: Terra, Locke, Kefka; Celes assist

VII: Cloud, Tifa, Vincent, Sephiroth; Aerith assist, Zack assist

VIII: Squall, Laguna, Rinoa, Ultimecia; Seifer assist

IX: Zidane, Kuja; Vivi assist, Eiko/Garnet assist

X: Tidus, Yuna, Jecht, Seymour; Auron assist, Rikku assist (assuming Auron is the next Duodecim DLC assist)

XI: Prishe, Eald'narche; Shantotto assist, Zeid/Shadow Lord assist

XII: Vaan, Gabranth, Vayne; Balthier assist (Ashe assist?)

XIII: Lightning, Fang, Barthandelus; Vanille assist (I know Sazh is gonna upset but I don't care)

Versus XIII: Noctis assist

Agito XIII: Card Shark Dude assist

#7HujoxaPosted 1/25/2011 5:05:04 PM
I: Red Mage
II: Maria
III: None (hated this game)
IV: Rydia (adult)
V: None (have not played, sadly)
VI: None (have not played, sadly)
VII: Reno, Rufus, or Rude (three of the 4 characters I could actually stand)
VIII: One of the Gardens as a stage
IX: Vivi
X: Blitzball Stadium Stage
XI: None (have not played)
XII: None (hated this game)
XIII: None (have not played, sadly)
---
If you're agnostic and not ashamed to admit that you don't know, put this in your sig.
-Official Mickey of the BBSv2 board...when said board is created.-
#8NowujaloPosted 1/25/2011 5:15:25 PM
IV: Cecil, Kain, Golbez; Rosa/Rydia/Edward/Fusoya assist (we know it'll get something; Rosa is the last main but she's not very popular)

As much as I am a Final fantasy IV fangirls, this is very true Rosa isn't very popular people tend to pair up Cecil with Rydia and Rosa with Golbez (lolz)
even the FF4 devs were disappointed that Rydia is way more popular than Rosa
In a Favorite Character poll conducted at Square Enix Party 2007, Rosa ranked 5th out of all the major characters. For comparison, Cecil got first, Kain second, Rydia third, and Cid fourth. The team working on the Nintendo DS remake of Final Fantasy IV made special note of how regrettable it was that she ranked so low.
---
Official Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Duodecim Board
#9PhostophoPosted 1/25/2011 5:20:00 PM

Nowujalo posted...

As much as I am a Final fantasy IV fangirls, this is very true Rosa isn't very popular people tend to pair up Cecil with Rydia and Rosa with Golbez (lolz)
even the FF4 devs were disappointed that Rydia is way more popular than Rosa
In a Favorite Character poll conducted at Square Enix Party 2007, Rosa ranked 5th out of all the major characters. For comparison, Cecil got first, Kain second, Rydia third, and Cid fourth. The team working on the Nintendo DS remake of Final Fantasy IV made special note of how regrettable it was that she ranked so low.
---
Official Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Duodecim Board

So yeah then I'd put money on a Rydia assist. Even though I can't see them putting in her over Eiko (or even Garnet) as a summoner assist, and they probably won't add two summoner assists. But in the event they do, she does have enough unique summons to get by: Titan, Sylph, Asura, and Mist Dragon would all work fairly well as single assist attacks.

#10zeroflamecutterPosted 1/25/2011 5:24:55 PM
I - Stage. Unless they are willing to spring and make one of the fiends playable, stage is what it'll be.
II - Stage
III - Xande
IV - Stage
V - Faris
VI - Locke
VII - Vincent
VIII - Seifer
IX - Blank (I'd use my influence to get my main want into the game... >_>) Concerning sells? Vivi.
X - Auron or Seymour
XI - Chaos rep
XII - Ashe or Vayne
XIII - Cid Raines or Sazh
XIV - Anyone, really.
---
Official Blank of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards.
Made it just in time. Step aside, i'll take care of this. ~ Blank