Squall/cloud omnidash+ or free air dash

#1OldShadow00Posted 4/13/2011 2:47:15 AM
What is better for Squall/cloud omnidash+ or free air dash?
---
GT: Armandin
#2XXI_WorldPosted 4/13/2011 2:53:22 AM
Free Air Dash.

Try using OAD against Ultimecia. Ugh, painful.
---
Duodecim main: Cloud; subs: Prishe, WoL, Lightning
XLink Tag: KurogamiXXI (warning: EXTREME LAG)
#3ExplosPlanktonPosted 4/13/2011 2:54:31 AM
I think it largely depends on what moves you plan to use with him. Do you use Fire? If so, you probably want either OAD+ and/or OGD+ so you can cast fire, then dash around to the side or back of your opponent so his camera flips around and the fire continues to track him from behind. If you see its about to connect or that your opponent is going to throw a block you can zip over to him and unleash slashing blow > Omni Ver 5 or if hes too far away call an assist. For this strategy I think I like Free Air Dash and Omni Ground Dash + so you can do tricks with Fire on the ground and use FAD in the air to close in for a quick double cut or to take advantage of Fire's longer hit stun. Though that does require quite alot of CP...which is why I prefer characters that mostly stick to the air so I dont have to bother with Ground Dash.
#4LordRavielPosted 4/13/2011 2:54:40 AM

Try using OAD against Ultimecia. Ugh, painful.

Try using it as Ultimecia, fairly awesome especially with the vertical range of Apocalypse.
---
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Currently Playing: Dissidia Duodecim, FFX, Black Ops. Waiting for Portal 2
#5OldShadow00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2011 2:58:05 AM
I use oad+ to avoid certain attacks like hells gate but I wish it would help me approach enemies that are far above me.
---
GT: Armandin
#6XXI_WorldPosted 4/13/2011 3:05:05 AM(edited)

I use oad+ to avoid certain attacks like hells gate but I wish it would help me approach enemies that are far above me.

With good timing and some evasion boost you don't need OAD to dodge Hell's Gate.

EDIT: And since the fight mostly occur in midair, OAD for a melee character isn't gonna help.
---
Duodecim main: Cloud; subs: Prishe, WoL, Lightning
XLink Tag: KurogamiXXI (warning: EXTREME LAG)
#7Mega_SkrullPosted 4/13/2011 3:27:59 AM
I just love Omnidash and use it with everyone
---
Like games with customization and lots of options? If so, then cry for having ignored Graffiti Kingdom!
Official 1st herald of Graffiti Kingdom's awesomeness
#8killatopakPosted 4/13/2011 3:59:04 AM
It depends on the character you're using. For Squall and Cloud I use free air dash and OGD+.

I use OAD+ on those characters who can use Vertical attacks to their advantage. e.g Warrior of light/Cecil/Zidane/Kain.

If I face people who use characters that like to stay away, I use Free air dash to chase them. e.g Ultimecia/Kuja/Kefka.
---
I am the spider that set this web. Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber. - Shiki
The performance speaks for itself - Anthony Padilla
#9Kyle BowenPosted 4/13/2011 8:40:04 PM
OAD...

Too much freedom and creativity NOT to use with it with Squall...

You have to work a little harder to go up and down... but Beat Fan and Heel Crush will go up and down...

OGD now as well... for UB and SB.
---
KB
#10TitoslayerXPosted 4/13/2011 8:54:29 PM
Free Air Dash because if a good player finds out your squall or cloud is using omni air dash, they will just ****
around with your inability to go after them vertically.
You really wont be able to close the distance like free air dash does which will make your fighting a lot more harder in general.
---
Official Vaan Of The Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards.
"Stings Huh?"