Why use omni air dash?

#1DanSinghOm2Posted 8/7/2011 1:38:49 PM
Free air dash is so much better. I use it to dash towards the enemy at super speed. What benefit does omni dash give that makes up for the loss of this ability to close the gap?
---
Yossarian stood in awe.
#2sumostickfigurePosted 8/7/2011 1:44:15 PM
It allows you to get away from your opponent.
---
Nintendo Wasting your AA batteries since 1989
http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/sumostickfigure/th_Nightanim1.gif
#3JustforvisitPosted 8/7/2011 1:45:48 PM

sumostickfigure posted...
It allows you to get away from your opponent.
---
Nintendo Wasting your AA batteries since 1989
http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/sumostickfigure/th_Nightanim1.gif

This.

Plus it gives you Omni Air Dash + which even allows you turns, so you can steer very precisely or play mind games with your enemy, you're very close to him, he thinks you'll attack and blocks but instead you delay it with a turn around him and then STRIKE!

#4bubbaXzonePosted 8/7/2011 1:58:19 PM
what best setup for warrior of light?

the choices are

free air dash
omni air dash
omni air dash+
omni ground dash
omni ground dash+
jump(+)(++)
speed(+)(++)

what one or combination you think will work best

and is it worth it to use air dash? you think?
---
Time to turn the chessboard around!
#5pichttPosted 8/7/2011 2:07:27 PM
Stuff like Free air dash and omni air dash+ is entirely up to your play style, really. It would be an endless discussion if we are going to debate on which is the best. I find WoL fits on Free air dash more, though. since he has less range compare to the other and you will want to get close to the opponent more than back out. Plus, I don't find Omni stuff works well in planet core or Ultimecia's castel >.> if you chose omni air dash, be sure to get Air dash, too.

My setting for WoL regarding dash stuff:
-Free air dash
-Omni ground dash
-Free air dash boost
-Assist dash (or what ever it is called)
-Jump time boost
---
This is a signature, dood.
#6KurtaynPosted 8/7/2011 3:17:46 PM
I guess OAD is for characters who have no business being up close with their opponent. It allows them to easily run anytime.

OAD sucks against Chaos, though. You'll eat a Soul of Oblivion easily unless you have long-ranged attacks or you're in his face as he's charging it up.
#7The_Lost_SabrePosted 8/7/2011 4:07:44 PM
OAD is better for those who needs spacing for their attacks. Most spell casters makes better use of OAD than FAD. Although some melee-based character (such as spammiroth) can make use of this as well.
---
"Even nothingness is powerless before the Void!"
TURTLE!!!
#8BlueReckoningPosted 8/7/2011 4:09:29 PM
OAD is much more situational in this game than in DFF.

With FAD you get homing in on your opponent and (if equipped) Assist gauge charge for dashing toward your opponent.

OAD you get multi-direction dashing and can maintain staying in the air much easier.
---
"North Dakota doesn't exist, much like Sonic restaurants. I hear people talking about them but I've never seen any."
-- sfcalimari