aerith assist?

#11Duke DarkwoodPosted 9/19/2011 3:51:09 PM
As for the Aerith, I wouldn't get prologus for just her. It was mainly an extended demo before the game actually came out. Don't get it.

And the Axis Blade/Enkindler/Barrage Blade/Odin Blade aren't worth your time?

... Well, the first three are weaker than their counterparts from her normal exclusives (Axis Blade is 4 less ATK than Blazefire Saber, Enkindler one DEF less than Flamberge, and Barrage Blade is 1 ATK more but 1 DEF less than Omega Weapon).

But the Odin Blade has the same strength as Zantetsuken, with the difference being in special abilities: Zantetsuken has a +10% Defense boost and Riposte; Odin Blade has Free Air Dash Boost and Back to the Wall.

... I would still like to know whether the Prologus weapons are actually required for 100% shop completion or not, too. (They MIGHT not be, because I know password-only Recipes and Friend Card Icons were not required for a 100% DFF shop or a Gold Starred Friend Card List.)
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#12YonKitoTaoshibePosted 9/19/2011 4:00:35 PM
She's $2.99 and worth more. She's a one size fits all Assist. Sure, she's no Kuja or Jecht, but she has other uses.
---
You have heard it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Matthew 5:43,44
#13realgamer_89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 5:23:34 PM
so, can i transfer my prologus data onto the duodecim save file that i already have? is that how it works? also, to get free items, do i have to actualy play prologus? or just download it? because im not realy interested in playing it, i just want it for the free assist, exclusive weapon and the chocobo cologne.
#14Duke DarkwoodPosted 9/19/2011 6:35:37 PM(edited)
Though I'd like to add it's NOT a good idea to buy free levels, because what good is a high level char who has almost no mentionworthy Abilities / Abilities mastered?

Ask people who do the Exdeath Trick to max their level in one fight. (And ability training is likewise easy, albeit slower, because of Lv1 Chaos fights.)

As I said, I was only pointing out the ability to buy level ups simply because I was being thorough on what Prologus offered. As a method of levelling, it is inferior to either 000 backline grinding or fighting a Lv100 Exdeath, Maximum strength AI setting, while at level 1, on Bonus Day or an EXP Icon Day, with all three Chocobo accessories.

(Personally, I'm not a fan of the Exdeath trick, but I did do a decent amount of 000 backlining. Thing is just that I want SOME time to practice with them as I go, rather than take someone who never fought before and try killing Voidboy with them. But that's just me.)

so, can i transfer my prologus data onto the duodecim save file that i already have? is that how it works? also, to get free items, do i have to actualy play prologus? or just download it? because im not realy interested in playing it, i just want it for the free assist, exclusive weapon and the chocobo cologne.

To get the Aerith assist, all you need is to buy Prologus. I'm not even kidding. It downloads Prologus, and a tiny file (added to your DLC File, I believe) that tells the game "this guy can use Aerith".

For the weapons, you must beat Prologus's "story mode", which is just five fights long (as Lightning, no healing between rounds). Then, on Dissidia duodecim, choose to import Prologus data. This can be done at any time (not just file creation, like importing Dissidia 1 data), from the title menu.

For Chocobo Colognes, you have to do Arcade Mode on Prologus. You can get up to 56 Chocobo Colognes this way, based on how many Prologus accomplishments you get.

Basically, the first Prologus accomplishment is for doing its story mode (giving the Midgar Flower used to make the alternate weapons for Lightning), and ALL THE REST are for Arcade Mode, as follows:

"Clear Arcade Mode (Normal) as Character X"
"Clear 5 fights in Arcade Mode (Hard) as Character X"
"Clear 10 fights in Arcade Mode (Hard) as Character X"
"Clear 15 fights in Arcade Mode (Hard) as Character X"
"Clear 20 fights in Arcade Mode (Hard) as Character X"
"Clear 25 fights in Arcade Mode (Hard) as Character X"
"Clear 30 fights in Arcade Mode (Hard) as Character X"

There are 8 characters (one is locked at first, though), and each of those accomplishments exists for each character. MEANING 56 total accomplishments (57 if you count the story one).

When you import the Prologus data into duodecim, you get whatever rewards you've earned. The Midgar Flower for Story Mode, and up to 56 Chocobo Colognes for Arcade Mode.

If you get the flower and at LEAST one cologne, then you can get the shop entries for what they get you (Axis Blade - which upgrades to the higher forms I mentioned before - and Level Up).

SUMMARY OF ABOVE:
To get Aerith, just buy Prologus, and download it to the memory stick with your duodecim save data. THAT'S ALL.
To get the Midgar Flower (for the weapons), beat Prologus Story Mode, and import Prologus Data into duodecim.
To get Chocobo Colognes (to buy levels), play Prologus Arcade Mode enough for accomplishments, and import Prologus Data into duodecim.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann