Question about the "Exp to ____ " abilities...

#1MimebladePosted 4/5/2012 2:13:04 AM
EXP to Brave
EXP to HP
EXP to Assist
EXP to EX

How effective are they, really?

In the first Dissidia, EXP to EX was pretty obvious, but...it's less noticeable here...is there a way to tell? Or is it not noticeable unless you're fighting a High Level opponent?

I mean, okay it's nice to know they don't cost anything once mastered...but in some cases I dunno if they're useful for certain characters or not.
#2EVA_ZEROPosted 4/5/2012 3:32:31 AM
In general, just about everyone should use EXP to HP really. EX in this game is, how do I put this... just bad. At least compared to assists. So why not EXP to Assist? Simple, there's Side by Side (accessory, in case you don't have it yet), which is much more effective.

There's some special cases where EXP to BRV is really good, like an level 1 build to absolutely destroy Feral Chaos with, but they are, well, special cases.
---
Kain Highwind of the Dissidia Duodecim board
#3ZeoPamasterPosted 4/5/2012 4:32:26 AM(edited)
EXP to EX: nigh useless since EX is horribly nerfed in this game. and the opponent would probably die first before you got your EX bar filled.
EXP to BRV: usually used for the lv130 Feral Chaos quick finishes.
EXP to Assist: a lot of accessories are better.
EXP to HP: the only one most people uses. it's like a mid-battle recovery and it's not nerfed at all.
---
"Truth or Ideals? Which one will you fight for?"
Sorry, bad English.
#4pichttPosted 4/5/2012 7:40:18 AM(edited)
EXP to BRV in these case are good

http://youtu.be/JZRdsDEsyWU
http://youtu.be/6b4AFwiJc-Y

Else? go with HP. Still, EXP to HP is not that good, tho. (not that dependable)
---
Let's move to http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ dood
.-- .... -.-- -.. .. -.. -.-- --- ..- - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . - .... .. ... ..--..
#5CharizardFirePosted 4/5/2012 8:20:41 AM
EXP to EX is good for Gabranth.

Otherwise, I recommend EXP to HP.
---
The official Cecil Harvey of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards.
#6Duke DarkwoodPosted 4/5/2012 10:37:07 AM
How viable are other EXP-to-X abilities if you use God's Own EXP Build? (From what little of it I remember, it involved Excalibur II, Growth Egg, all 3 Chocobo items, and a Super Ribbon topreserve trhe chocobos. Throw in calendar bonus as allowed.)
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#7YonKitoTaoshibePosted 4/5/2012 10:50:28 AM
CharizardFire posted...
EXP to EX is good for Gabranth.

Otherwise, I recommend EXP to HP.

This pretty much sums it up. EXP -> EX is really only effective for three uses.
1) Keeping EX Mode going.
2) Combining with an EX Build. It's a bit weak on its own, but it can compliment a build using Dragonfly Orb, Genji gear, Tenacious Attacker, and Excallibur II/Heaven's Cloud.
3) Ripping Feral Chaos a new one. He gives you a ton of EXP on a heavy HP hit, enough to replenish your gauge and keep you on his @$$ for the 2-3 minutes his slaying would require.

EXP -> HP is pretty handy as a sort of insurance policy, and any character can make use of it, unlike EXP -> EX, which sucks for characters with mediocre EX Modes. Combined with Succubus Soul, you've got a character that just won't die so long as he can get in the occasional hit. Prepare to make people hate you with this build. 5% of the damage you deal is recovered through the ability, and an additional 20% though the gear set. In other words, killing your foe recovers about 2500HP.
---
And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst." John 6:35
#8piratekingVyse2Posted 4/6/2012 2:02:42 AM
The conversion rate for EXP to EX is terrible, way worse than the other three in normal fights.

HP or Assist are your best bets.
---
Duodecim gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B0EB25AD19368814
Impossible is just a word to let people feel better about themselves when they quit.
#9YonKitoTaoshibePosted 4/6/2012 11:00:50 AM
piratekingVyse2 posted...
The conversion rate for EXP to EX is terrible, way worse than the other three in normal fights.

HP or Assist are your best bets.

Coming from someone who uses the Ability, THIS^.
HP and Assist are @ a 5% rate. This basically makes them foolproof choices for offense and defense, respectively.
BRV similarly offers defensive properties after an HP attack. It's faster than BRV recovery, but if you can cover your own HP attacks then you probably don't need this move.
EX should only be used if its being complimented. On it's own it does NOTHING worthy of note. It is merely a supplement to an already solid EX Build (mainly because it's hard to boost EX Force absorption via Accessories. Better to boost Cores, usually). It can't be relied on to fill a gauge unless you get every Core, chase often and don't take Assist attacks and the fight lasts about 4mins or longer.
---
And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst." John 6:35