is it me...

#1amazingwillyPosted 6/15/2012 1:42:06 AM
Or are some of the bad guys not really bad?
---
PS VITA=GOD
#2Susan0Posted 6/15/2012 1:56:19 AM
No. Yes and maybe.
Just look at Kain.
---
Items that I want to be real:Portal
gun, Sharingan, FNC worlds, Prototype virus, A Pikachu, Gilgameshu, and the World to End.
#3zegram33Posted 6/15/2012 2:24:23 AM
well, in 012, some of the "bad guys" are actually the heroes/heroines of there respective games, so....
but yeh, half the actual villains are pretty likeable too (golbez, sephirpth when he's being sarky instead of depressing)
#4amazingwilly(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2012 3:14:02 AM
Idk it feels like to me that they are pushing the heroes to become better. Even helping them at some cases. I havent play with everyone yet but it feels like that to me at least.
---
PS VITA=GOD
#5Doc_ShantottoPosted 6/15/2012 5:55:04 AM
Golbez, Jecht.
Cloud and Terra started as Chaos warriors.
---
"I am not whining, I am complaining. Do you want to hear whining?" ~Rarity
#6gadgaurdPosted 6/15/2012 7:25:43 AM
Gabranth. Gilgamesh.
---
Millions of people I'll never meet want me to burn in Hell? O_O
#7Duke DarkwoodPosted 6/15/2012 8:20:29 AM
I don't think Gilgy is in the conflict. He basically crashed the party. (He does so in true Gilgamesh fashion, but I won't say more on the assumption the TC doesn't have him yet.)

Gabranth, though, WILL take a spoiler to explain. He's an ex-combatant. He was in the conflict, and they tossed him aside. So if they have no more use for him, he has no more use for them - why not give some friendly(ish) advice to this newcomer?

The main Team Chaos, though... they're not like Team Cosmos. The Cosmos warriors are striving for their own unified goal. Chaos's warriors are all doing their own thing. (In a very real sense, a comparison between order and chaos.) But some of them.... some of them weren't as evil as others. Jecht was ex-Cosmos, but when the new cycle started, there he was, bereft of memory and assigned to Chaos. He didn't even have any real villainous goals - he just wanted to get into fights (as far as non-Tidus-related events go).

And Golbez? He seemed to be tired of being evil, to me. Tired of the conflict. Granted, we don't know how he was in previous cycles, so maybe he always acted like that. What I know for sure is that he wanted to be good, but kept being assigned to Team Chaos. However, as the victors, they kept their knowledge... and eventually, Golbez found a way to give that knowledge to Cosmos warriors. He also was the one who set Cosmos on her plan to end the cycle for good, as revealed in one of the report FMVs.

So. Some of them are more evil than others. Some are less. Heck, some are just "other" - Cloud of Darkness, being a physical incarnation of nihilism, has such an alien perspective on the world that "good" and "evil" are nothing more than artificial concepts to "her". The conflict doesn't matter to CoD. But, "she" is intrigued by it, and the antics of the participants, in a detached way.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#8R109Ver2Posted 6/15/2012 10:08:56 AM
Duke Darkwood posted...
I don't think Gilgy is in the conflict. He basically crashed the party. (He does so in true Gilgamesh fashion, but I won't say more on the assumption the TC doesn't have him yet.)

*SPOILERS*

If you follow the Japanese mognet they explain that GILGAMESH is actually summoned by Chaos... he is just dimensionally-impaired... At least that is what the translation seemed like as he had no memory and then gained some back fighting Exdeath.

*END SPOILERS*
---
Duodecim is not just a game, it is a lifestyle. My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/zerobutton1342
Proudly mains Gilgamesh.
#9MagiusNecrosPosted 6/15/2012 10:51:08 AM
R109Ver2 posted...
Duke Darkwood posted...

*SPOILERS*

If you follow the Japanese mognet they explain that GILGAMESH is actually summoned by Chaos... he is just dimensionally-impaired... At least that is what the translation seemed like as he had no memory and then gained some back fighting Exdeath.

*END SPOILERS*

No it says that either Chaos summoned him or he found his way through the Rift. It's left up to the player to decide. It is ambiguously worded like this on purpose due to GILGAMESH and his ability of Dimensional travel.

GILGAMESH is a wild card. For all intents and purposes he has no place there. And instead of fading away he falls into the rift.

If you notice Any other Cosmos or Chaos Warrior that fades would Have Light or Dark Fragments dissipating from the hero or villain. No such thing occurs for GILGAMESH.
---
Like Roleplaying? Join http://s1.zetaboards.com/Espada_of_Alexandria/index/
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#10R109Ver2Posted 6/15/2012 11:05:37 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
R109Ver2 posted...
Duke Darkwood posted...

*SPOILERS*

*END SPOILERS*

No it says that either Chaos summoned him or he found his way through the Rift. It's left up to the player to decide. It is ambiguously worded like this on purpose due to GILGAMESH and his ability of Dimensional travel.

GILGAMESH is a wild card. For all intents and purposes he has no place there. And instead of fading away he falls into the rift.

If you notice Any other Cosmos or Chaos Warrior that fades would Have Light or Dark Fragments dissipating from the hero or villain. No such thing occurs for GILGAMESH.

Ah it had been awhile since I looked at it and forgot it was to interpretation. I personally view him as summoned then. Actually looking as Dissidia as a whole it can be viewed as either canon or non canon... which is great for fan wars pretty much >.>

At the very least we can be happy GILGAMESH got his rematch with Bartz... or at least part of it oO Also wouldn't the fading be when defeated anyways? He isn't directly defeated in the scenes he is in and just gets sucked back into the rift. And I will agree with GILGAMESH being a wild card.
---
Duodecim is not just a game, it is a lifestyle. My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/zerobutton1342
Proudly mains Gilgamesh.