Sephiroth vs. Seymour

#11zhaoyun99Posted 10/8/2012 8:56:36 AM
Seymour was just a whiny and pansy stalker B****. Trying to be a troll like Sephi but failed like a dork. Sephiroth wipes the floor with this sissy.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#12YonKitoTaoshibePosted 10/8/2012 9:18:35 AM
SOME MINOR SPOILERS

Seymour suffered from a bad VA first and foremost, imo. He was a condescending, nihilistic manipulator who came off as more of a bully than a sadist. That's the big difference between him and Sephiroth. Sephiroth liked seeing Cloud on the end of his sword. Seymour simply seemed to like fulfilling his agenda and using it to antagonize the party, like getting a political rival out of the way and using his corpse to pick a fight, which could've been a hope to kill a couple birds with one stone.
If Seymour had a VA that sounded more like Sephiroth (calm, calculated, masculine, confident) as opposed to the one he had (lilting, mocking, somewhat emotional, almost girly) he might've been cooler. Seymour seemed like he was trying compensate (open shirt for lack of masculinity, spiky hair for lack of baddassery, both of which just made him look like a pampered dandy), whereas Sephiroth knew he was a badass and took it to the point where he started acting like a simple yaoi stalker and as the years went on people came to forget that he actually used to be cool at one point.

END SPOILERS

Seymour doesn't need Anima. If he had a counter that used Anima as a high-priority block/counter it would be plenty. Too many Anima attacks and he'll be Anima from FFX - and by that I mean ******* overpowered. His dualcast/chainspell combos hurt like hell in FFX. I'm sure they'll be enough. The first time I played I neglected Null spells and so I got hit pretty hard. Taking double Firas sounds plenty painful. Maybe give him an EX Mode that lets him combo a dualcast into an HP attack. Come to think of it, maybe Anima attacks as HP moves only, or perhaps variants of Pain like variants of CoD's Flare Wave.
---
He summoned the crowd ... and said to them, "Whoever wishes to come after me must first deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me" Mark 8:34
#13roxas9001Posted 10/8/2012 10:37:41 AM
mad_hax_man posted...
roxas9001 posted...
Jecths_Fayth posted...
Sephiroth could win this, I think. Anima would keep him at bay for a while but a summon isn't much to that tier of power. (I base this on AC Clouds actions with Sin Bahamut, mainly because Cloud is the closest in skill and ability to Sephiroth.)

Seymour's Anima(Final Aeon) can defeat Sin.

That's assuming that the bond between him and his mother is strong enough, which considering he walked away from her sacrifice and she latter asked the main party to kill him is highly unlikely.

You need a good bond to make the Final Aeon not use it.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
Official Snow Villiers of the Lightning Returns Board.
#14mad_hax_manPosted 10/8/2012 10:47:02 PM
roxas9001 posted...
mad_hax_man posted...
roxas9001 posted...
Jecths_Fayth posted...
Sephiroth could win this, I think. Anima would keep him at bay for a while but a summon isn't much to that tier of power. (I base this on AC Clouds actions with Sin Bahamut, mainly because Cloud is the closest in skill and ability to Sephiroth.)

Seymour's Anima(Final Aeon) can defeat Sin.

That's assuming that the bond between him and his mother is strong enough, which considering he walked away from her sacrifice and she latter asked the main party to kill him is highly unlikely.

You need a good bond to make the Final Aeon not use it.

The strength of an Aeon depends on the bond between the summoner and the aeon. The only difference between an Aeon and a Final Aeon is that since a FA comes from a friend whose bonded with the summoner over the course of the pilgrimage.

Besides, Yuna's Shiva was able to take down Seymour's Anima. For whatever reason, Seymour's Anima is no where near close to being strong enough to take down Sin
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart