Firion and the stages

#1RockmanALPosted 12/4/2012 8:51:01 AM
suppose that you're going for random stages fighting a Party member PvP battles

should I put in Firion in my party? or swap him out for someone (he's one of my mains)
because most of the stages are disadvantage to him right @_@?
---
Games, Manga, Anime, Gunpla, Figures ONLY!
I now conclude that, Ever17's story is eminently the BEST story of all I've seen/read in my "entire life".
#2gadgaurdPosted 12/4/2012 2:49:33 PM
You could if you want, but even in a stage that's a disadvantage to him, he can still be used. There's always ground, after all, and as LonelyGaruga is fond of pointing out, he can still inflict some serious pain in the air.
---
I'm an amateur writer. I write CYOAs to practice.
#3GuilmonDXPosted 12/4/2012 2:59:10 PM(edited)
You could put Firion in if you want to. I do, and he is 1/5 of my sub main.

My friend and I play on random stage setting all the time, so what ever stage we get is what we have to deal with. It is also a good way to improve on the stages that gives you the most trouble or disadvantage.

The RNG may give you a stage suited for your character, or it may not but it is better than you or your opponent picking a stage that best suited for their character to give themselves an advantage on one another.

Like if my opponent chooses (winding stage) Omega 12 stage, that gives me time to prep for that stage like changing my assist to an assist that wall rushes since assist chase doesn't work to well in that stage.

My best stage on the characters I play very well is (my turf) Order's Sanctuary. I win like 85% of the time when playing against my friend on that stage. Which is one of the reasons my friend and I play on random stage setting.
---
"Do not pray for an easy life, but pray for the strength to endure a hard one." - Bruce Lee
#4ZeoPamasterPosted 12/5/2012 1:43:15 AM
I don't have any difficulties using him in all stages barring Planet's effin' Core and Ultimecia's castle. anything but those.
---
Dun dun dunn! Enter, Pamaster! *poses*
Sorry, bad English.
#5pichttPosted 12/5/2012 6:17:23 AM
Judging by your Firion skill..... I am positive you will do just fine....
---
Let's move to http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ dood
.-- .... -.-- -.. .. -.. -.-- --- ..- - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . - .... .. ... ..--..
#6kuro-shinigamiPosted 12/5/2012 7:00:00 AM
ZeoPamaster posted...
I don't have any difficulties using him in all stages barring Planet's effin' Core and Ultimecia's castle. anything but those.

I kinda result to the lame tactic of spamming straight arrow in those places... not a good sight...
---
Breakdancing Afro-Miku Man!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0t1WlLDSMg
#7RockmanAL(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:31:48 AM
pichtt posted...
Judging by your Firion skill..... I am positive you will do just fine....

Eh xD""" thx

although yeah, i hope i don't get FF7's and ulty's stages @_@ (i'll be doomed)

(i was just thinking of swapping Firion out for Garland or not in random PvPs >_>a.... but i never used Garland against human players so i'm not sure how good am I with Garland = =a)
---
Games, Manga, Anime, Gunpla, Figures ONLY!
I now conclude that, Ever17's story is eminently the BEST story of all I've seen/read in my "entire life".
#8pichttPosted 12/5/2012 7:59:02 AM
try me! >:D
---
Let's move to http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ dood
.-- .... -.-- -.. .. -.. -.-- --- ..- - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . - .... .. ... ..--..
#9GuilmonDXPosted 12/5/2012 10:19:43 AM
Garland is awesome and also one of my strongest sub mains.

Make a powerful build for him and your set. Though you want to be careful when using Garland against Jecht/Exdeath players since I believe Garland has a hard time with those match ups.
---
"Do not pray for an easy life, but pray for the strength to endure a hard one." - Bruce Lee
#10YonKitoTaoshibePosted 12/5/2012 10:48:31 AM
I'd personally just advise against Side by Side. Sure, Firion can wallrush in almost any direction, but if the stage you're on doesn't make it easy for you (Orphan's Cradle, The Rift, Planet's Core in particular) you'll want to have a backup plan. Firion's Assist combo potential largely relies on wallrushing, and if you can't do it, Blood Weapon will come in handy.
Firion should be fine, though. His air game is pretty underrated, imo.
---
He summoned the crowd ... and said to them, "Whoever wishes to come after me must first deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me" Mark 8:34