Updated Official DF tier list (still in Beta)

#1LonelyGarugaPosted 1/7/2013 5:29:46 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsgCizMWmN6cdDJmSjhVOGlOeGZIZFd1UnNGeVc0Z2c#gid=0

Still a WIP. Notable updates are tabs at the bottom where individual matchup charts representing stages are implemented (Cloud-Squall is by Dart, the rest are mine). More matchup charts exist that have been posted in DF's backroom for updating the tier list, they just haven't been added quite yet.

Feel free to discuss as much as you guys like, constructive criticism, comments, and any other input provided is always helpful for the formation of an accurate tier list.
#2Jecths_FaythPosted 1/7/2013 5:39:31 PM
Yay ulty still rules!
---
Stick that on your barby, shrimp! - Johnny Cage
#3gadgaurdPosted 1/7/2013 6:22:33 PM
3 questions:

What put CoD under Bartz?

What bumped Laguna up? Pretty sure he was at least one spot lower.

Wasn't Lightning an A? That's a big improvement, what happened?
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#4LonelyGaruga(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 6:36:48 PM
To answer your questions in order

1) Her matchups are, overall, worse than Bartz's

2) Laguna's matchups have improved

3) Lightning has been S for a lonnnnng time. I think she was S after the previous update too. But, in case she wasn't, then her matchups improved.

The tier list is formed by the whole of a character's matchup values, literally just adding them all together, so a 9-1 against Ultimecia has as much bearing as a 9-1 against anyone else. If a character's placement improved, it means they must have improved on some matchups. In this way, you can compare the tier list not only by the placements themselves, but also the matchup values too. If you notice any changes between the previous update and the newest update, that would help explain why a character is higher/lower than they were before.
#5kewldude475Posted 1/7/2013 6:38:00 PM
gadgaurd posted...
3 questions:

What put CoD under Bartz?

No one plays her anymore.

What bumped Laguna up? Pretty sure he was at least one spot lower.

Dante, someone who wants to test matchups and is actually good with Laguna. Though something tells me he probably wasn't involved.

Wasn't Lightning an A? That's a big improvement, what happened?

Cipher happened.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#6GuilmonDXPosted 1/7/2013 7:15:23 PM
Last time I saw the tiers list, Lightning was still S rank (under Ultimecia) which to me is good because she my favorite female FF character and I play her well.

Cloud is doing all right which is good too.

I see that Prishe rise through the ranks. She made S rank now and above Lightning by 3 pts?!
---
"Do not pray for an easy life, but pray for the strength to endure a hard one." - Bruce Lee
#7MagiusNecrosPosted 1/7/2013 7:16:45 PM
Not a tier list without Feral Chaos.

I'd like to see how he stands, regardless if he is banned for tournaments which is simply glorified assist matches and safe attacks.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#8LonelyGaruga(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 7:50:25 PM
Prishe is REALLY good. Like, super duper good. She used to be SS (Ultimecia was SSS during this time frame) tier for a while during the interim between updates, but she went down a little, so she's in S tier now.
#9pichttPosted 1/7/2013 8:03:23 PM
I want to see her super duper good replay xD
---
Let's move to http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ dood
.-- .... -.-- -.. .. -.. -.-- --- ..- - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . - .... .. ... ..--..
#10LonelyGaruga(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 8:31:16 PM
You're in luck, Dart and I happened to play her a lot in the recent DF tournament (Get Your Game On Season 2: Overdrive), though she only saw play once in the grand finals. Expect some replays in the future.