Worth it without online play?

#11freedree(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:27:06 AM
Ok, thanks guys! :D
#12R109Ver2Posted 1/24/2013 10:35:20 AM
freedree posted...
Vita has no multiplayer? Anyway, Online Multiplayer isn't necessary. If you have a friend playing Dissidia 012 as well, you'd have even more fun, but having no friends to play Dissidia 012 with you is still fun.

Well, I don't think it can access PSP multiplayer.... or can it? O_o

No... Vita can play multiplayer. Vita to PSP and ad-hoc party both work. There was a point where I was doing to frequently... (Damn life getting in the way...).

Converting replays on the Vita though cannot transfer off the system.
---
Duodecim is not just a game, it is a lifestyle. My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/zerobutton1342
Proudly mains Gilgamesh.
#13freedree(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:29:48 PM
Ah, that's great lol, is this the case for all PSP games with a multiplayer mode?
However, is it a multiplayer like on consoles where you can easily match up against anyone, not just people who are in the same area?
If so, then.... YEEAAAAHHH!!! :D
#14CNashPosted 1/24/2013 1:09:04 PM
No, it's local ad hoc only. If you have a PS3 you can try using Adhoc Party to connect to people online.

---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#15freedree(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:13:08 PM
Okay, got a PS3 ^^, do I have to download from the Store?
#16___Django___Posted 1/24/2013 3:57:56 PM
I still have yet to play anyone PvP. I likely will in the future. I've spent hundreds of hours on mine. Pretty much mastered Bartz, Cloud, Tifa, Kain, Lightning, Gilgamesh, Warrior of Light, and Gabranth. I am now working on mastering Shantotto, Prishe, and Zidane. Eventually I may try Jecht, Sephiroth, Laguna, and Onion Knight.

Whenever I do go online I hope I will be ready :P
---
|¯¯\ _|¯|
|__/ |__|¤ «Enough data to choke a whale»
#17R109Ver2Posted 1/24/2013 5:46:39 PM
freedree posted...
Okay, got a PS3 ^^, do I have to download from the Store?

Yes, but I can't remember where... but search adhoc party... You will need a wired connection when you use the program to play other people (This is because the ps3 wireless will communicate with the PSP/Vita and then the wired connection keeps you online...)
---
Duodecim is not just a game, it is a lifestyle. My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/zerobutton1342
Proudly mains Gilgamesh.
#18ZeoPamasterPosted 1/24/2013 10:45:17 PM
___Django___ posted...
I still have yet to play anyone PvP. I likely will in the future. I've spent hundreds of hours on mine. Pretty much mastered Bartz, Cloud, Tifa, Kain, Lightning, Gilgamesh, Warrior of Light, and Gabranth. I am now working on mastering Shantotto, Prishe, and Zidane. Eventually I may try Jecht, Sephiroth, Laguna, and Onion Knight.

You didn't master Feral Chaos yet? :O
---
Dun dun dunn! Enter, Pamaster! *poses*
Sorry, bad English.
#19___Django___Posted 1/27/2013 10:17:56 AM
___Django___ posted...

You didn't master Feral Chaos yet? :O

Only scrubs use Feral Chaos.
---
|¯¯\ _|¯|
|__/ |__|¤ «Enough data to choke a whale»
#20YonKitoTaoshibePosted 1/27/2013 10:50:24 AM
I've only had about a dozen or so online matches, and I've logged well over 650hrs into this game.

Online play is a good insight into the game's depth, but is far from necessary. I have more fun playing around with Square's treasured and flawed proprietary engines (legally, obviously) than anything else, and that's best done offline. Best of all, come up with a solid enough engine and you're practically set for life. For instance, if you can come up with something that can rival Unreal 3, Quake, or heaven forbid, Crystal Tools, you might never have to work a day in your life.

Sorry, the geek got distracted. Yes, it's a great game, both online and offline. Online is a bit of a headache, anyway. I've spent so much damn time screwing around with various builds specifically for online matchups (which are totally worthless and are generally overkill offline, I might add) it isn't funny. I think of the 650hrs I've logged, a little over 200 of them are actually in battle. That said, if menus annoy you and you want a straight fighter, this game might not be for you. Still one of the PSP's best games, though.
---
Like snakes?
http://nhettle.deviantart.com/gallery/41491288