Why does the Omni Slash look so weak in this game?

#1RaqibMarvelousPosted 2/2/2013 3:29:06 PM
Compared to the original in VII, it looks like a regular attack in this game.
#2CharizardFirePosted 2/2/2013 3:32:15 PM
Do you mean Omnislash Version 5?

If so, then try doing an EX Burst with Cloud.
---
The official Cecil Harvey of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards.
#3KisaiPosted 2/2/2013 4:30:28 PM
Something about the way it looked, and SOUNDED in FFVII made it seem so much more powerful and awesome. The EX Burst here doesn't really give the same feeling.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#4Lunar_SoulPosted 2/2/2013 4:49:30 PM
Kisai posted...
Something about the way it looked, and SOUNDED in FFVII made it seem so much more powerful and awesome. The EX Burst here doesn't really give the same feeling.

agreed. I think it might also be aprtially how if there were multiple enemies, he would literally teleport between them to attack.
---
Now, will you dance inside the dream?
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/
#5BlueReckoningPosted 2/2/2013 4:51:57 PM
That's game feel for ya. Also in FF7, the attack sounds had an "arcadey" feel to them that let you know you were causing serious pain to your enemies and left a feeling of satisfaction.
---
"North Dakota doesn't exist, much like Sonic restaurants. I hear people talking about them but I've never seen any."
-- sfcalimari
#6Masamune1117Posted 2/2/2013 7:20:20 PM
What bothered me about Cloud's EX Burst is the sound of his slashes don't sound like the high pitched shrilled crit sound effects from FFVII, and also the explosions from each slash kind of obfuscate Cloud's slashing animation so it just looks like a big fog of colors and the camera angle is kind of weird.

Didn't like Squall's EX burst, after Renzokuken should have been the rapid sword barrage from Lionheart, not just the final hit(complete with the opponent falling from the sky and taking that last hit fall damage hit ^^)
#7NFITC1Posted 2/2/2013 7:36:25 PM
The FF7 critical sounds were more intimidating coming from Cloud. Barret's criticals sound weird.

The DDFF Omnislash sounds sound pretty similar to something out of Little Big Planet.
---
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3361/jokertotabx7.png
Happily married since May 31, 2003
#8ZeoPamasterPosted 2/2/2013 9:44:26 PM
I think it's because of the SFX.

they intended to make DDFF Omnislash be more "hi-quality" but the SFX is kinda lacking (it sounds like some light attacks)
---
Dun dun dunn! Enter, Pamaster! *poses*
Sorry, bad English.
#9umbra_fuhrerPosted 2/2/2013 9:49:49 PM
I actually really prefer this Omnislash to the original one. The original to me was never much to look at. The same 3 sword swings until one big hit. I thought Finishing Touch was more epic.

Though in Dissidia, its the thought of what the Omnislash is doing that makes it so awesome. Hes teleporting around them/slashing through them, and honestly, to me it looks like he has equipped a materia set that lets every attack activates Ultima. When you see Cloud hit the enemy, you see Green mist explode outwards. Which is what Ultima was in FFVII. Makes it a bit cooler in Dissidia thinking that way.
#10justeen208Posted 2/3/2013 3:50:32 AM
At least the Omnislash is Dissidia is more realistic than the one in FF7 given like what the others say that if there are multiple enemies cloud literally teleports between them...as for the Omnislash V5 I like the advent children version better...although that would be difficult to imitate if you use Cloud's other costumes given the appearance of his sword