How's the translation project coming along?

#21Supercuaco666Posted 3/2/2012 5:08:12 PM
do_ob_tpkillr posted...
That being said, how are we going to play this thing? Somehow play it in our DS? Or through some other medium on the computer? Or what?

Emulator, I guess.
---
Pokemon White Friend Code:
3697 2988 8960
#22Redd_WhitePosted 3/6/2012 11:38:32 AM
Are there DS emulators that can run gyakuten kenji 2 out there ? I never used an emulator but last time I checked, there wasn't any functional one for DS games

(NOTE to gamefaqs mods : I'm not talking about piracy, I bought the japanese version of the game right after it went best price).
#23t260sagaPosted 3/7/2012 7:51:05 PM
Redd_White posted...
Are there DS emulators that can run gyakuten kenji 2 out there ? I never used an emulator but last time I checked, there wasn't any functional one for DS games

(NOTE to gamefaqs mods : I'm not talking about piracy, I bought the japanese version of the game right after it went best price).

Sounds like you havent check in a long time.
#24AurynPosted 3/9/2012 8:17:21 PM
Hi everybody,
I am a longtime user of gamefaqs but I just registred because I have something to say here.
I am at the head of the AAI2 english translation project and I am not here to find excuses to why we don't have any patch yet but I am here to clear somethings up.
Let's start, I will quote the text but not who wrote that and give an answer:

[QUOTE]Supposedly they are going to insert the english objection sprites and redub the voice clips. Part of me wishes they didn't bother with all of that and instead just translate the script![/QUOTE]
Yes, it's right, we will insert the english objection (and all other exclamation) sprites.
This was made by me even before the first phrase of the text has been extracted and translated...do you think it matters??
Yes, right again, we will probably insert english voices as well. There is exactly 1 person alone managing this section of the game and some unrelated people giving the voices.
There are about 20 people (half of the team) working on the literal translation and localization of the text...do you think that this 1 person that doesn't can english really will make a difference??

[QUOTE]They really should just translate the text, other relevant aspects and release that. Going through all this extra effort really is unnecessary. Pokemon releases in Japan and has an English patch almost instantly, and that's a game you can play without even knowing the language. The fact that we won't see anything from this after so long is just ridiculous. I'm not trying to knock them and I appreciate them for doing it certainly, but there's really no reason why it should take that long and be this intensive.[/QUOTE]
You really show that you don't have any idea about hacking at all and apparently not have an idea about what is a good game /story.
What is ridiculuos is trying to compare Pokemon (exactly a game that you can play even if you don't know the language) and AAI2 ( a text adventure with a complex text).
What I mean with complex text?? First the terminology itself; second the connections with the other games, continuing with example the flashbacks into 3 different life periods of a character with each one their own speech mannerism, the ammount of text.
What you are forgetting are other facts:
-the ammount of people that are interested in Pokemon or in AAI2
-the format of the game or if you prefer a game programmed with the idea to be localizated into many languages from the beginning and a game that is clearly not.
You don't believe that there are many more people interested in Pokemon??
Why in the NDS ranking there are 8 of 10 Pokemon games and not even a shadow of FAQS, Savegame or review about AAI2??
For the second point, AAI2 has no VFW like the most japanese games but it has something ready so that it can use VFW (without VFW " t h i s " / with VFW "this") but for 2 font it's working but for the last no. In english we use many more letters as in japanese and if the game (example Pokemon) is programmed to show 20 letters max for each window in japanese but allow 40 letters if you use english; AAI2 is not.
He allow 20 letters in japanese and if you write 21 letters in english, you get only garbage.

[QUOTE]Just curious, are they going to release case 1 or they'll finish all cases first?[/QUOTE]
The first patch will probably be only case 1 in a beta version.
We expect the player to report if there are errors or problems so that the second patch (if no critical error have appeared in case 1) will be case1 "final" and case 2 beta.
I wrote final with "" because if we get error report late, we will naturally implement them in the following patch and because there is a possibility that we will make some cosmetic changes after all cases are complete.
#25AurynPosted 3/9/2012 8:18:16 PM
Sorry, I had to split because of the character limits.

[QUOTE]Anyone who's reading who's involved in the project--thank you. I know Capcom will lay the blame for any future lack of localised Ace Attorney games at your feet, but perhaps if they weren't too busy being dicks, you good people might never have felt the need to correct their mistake in the first place.[/QUOTE]
The indecision of Capcom to localize the game was one of the things that made the project go slow and undercover. Almost all official translations took about 1 year from jap to eur so we think the time is over and we can maybe search for more people to help us in a more open way now. Discussions of why or why not they not localized, it's just speculation and if you know how much localization costs and how they programmed the game (with their asses :p) you know why they didn't.

[QUOTE]That being said, how are we going to play this thing? Somehow play it in our DS? Or through some other medium on the computer? Or what?[/QUOTE]
Like all the translated games, it's possible to play it with an emulator on your pc or with a flashcard on your DS.
There are many flashcards that are not able to play the game correctly because of the AP and there will be some more because of the changes on the size of the rom.
The translation is a translation so we will not help you defeat the AP or get your flashcard to work with the patched game. Anyway we will try to improve the compatibility with flashcards by trying to fix the size of the game but this will be the very last we will do after the translation is complete.

For a little actual update, graphics editing are almost done, literal translation is in the middle of case 3, localization is working on case 1 and 2, hacking is the part that make most problems because everytime we think we got everything fixed and we play the game a little bit longer, we get to the limit I explained before.
Tools to insert the text is ready too and I will probably start to insert the graphics in the game soon. The sound departement is collecting voice samples and it's indipendent.
When the guy will not get any more new samples and a pool is made to choose them, he will insert them into the game and give me the file.

As last words, thanks to all the ones that supported us, all the ones that understand what hacking is (especially at the middle/bottom of page1) and to all others, if you believe that you can translate the game faster, just do it...we will not stop you.
#26iGenesisPosted 3/11/2012 6:10:00 PM
I saved myself the wait and, as soon as AA6 was released, I imported a Japanese copy and manually translated every line using a kanji dictionary.
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#27do_ob_tpkillrPosted 3/11/2012 7:58:04 PM
Auryn posted...
Hi everybody,
I am a longtime user of gamefaqs but I just registred because I have something to say here.

I don't know if you are legit or not. But if you are, awesome. I didn't bother reading any of the remainder of your post but i'm gonna be a good boy and wait patiently. So just keep doing a good job (if you really are working on this translation that is). ;D
#28JMBootePosted 3/12/2012 4:52:07 AM
do_ob_tpkillr posted...
Auryn posted...
Hi everybody,

I don't know if you are legit or not. But if you are, awesome. I didn't bother reading any of the remainder of your post but i'm gonna be a good boy and wait patiently. So just keep doing a good job (if you really are working on this translation that is). ;D

Well, his/her info is legit. The translation is as he/she says. It's mainly case 3 now.
---
Capcom: Where trolls go to make a living.
#29AurynPosted 3/12/2012 8:17:22 PM
Wow, this is a surprise.
Nobody ever questioned if I am legit or not.
Anyway my bad. I failed to post a relevant link to anything that has to do with the project.
I hope that I not break some rules by posting this.
Anyway, the main discussions about the translation is going on on the Court record backup board (not the main board linked to the CR site but the one that was always online even when CR was down) that you can find @ http://z11.invisionfree.com/court_records/index.php?showforum=26 (need registration to be viewed) or regular updated (every month or 2) can be found @ http://gbatemp.net/topic/289148-ace-attorney-investigations-2-miles-edgeworth-fan-translation/

We are naturally always looking for people that want to help out so if you are good in Japanese and english or hacking/programming NDS, you are welcome to join the team.

Thanks for the support.
#30t260sagaPosted 3/13/2012 10:46:12 AM
I dont post at the other forum but I want to say thank you for the effort of the team