How do you alley-oop?

#1squisheeeeyPosted 1/12/2011 8:27:38 AM
Anyone tell me how to do an alley-oop in this game? I lost my book.
#2moshnakPosted 1/12/2011 12:21:07 PM
Hit the shoot button while you don't have the ball, your dood will go for the alley-oop, then you just call for a pass. If you want the computer to go for the alley-oop, well... you really never know when he is going to go for it.
---
Why did the little girl drop her red ball? ...because she was getting kicked in the face.
#3SuperSonicDBZPosted 1/12/2011 6:39:44 PM
Hey. Having the same issue. Also, is an Alley-oop when you just pass it to the team mate and they dunk? Or is it the one you have to jump after them for?

It seems impossible to do and I really want to complete "High Flyer" already.

Plus, can you do an Alley-Oop without using the stupid Right Joystick? I play using the Face Buttons. =(
---
If it is short and has a light saber, then you need to get the **** outta there!!!
Yoda in Soul Calibur IV; Sonic w/ Beam Sword in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
#4MarvelRules95Posted 1/13/2011 6:35:42 PM
An alley-oop is when a teammate jumps in the air and you throw it to them while they are in the air and they dunk.

The High-Flyer achievement means that you must catch and complete 10 alley-oops I believe.

You can alley-oop with the face buttons. Just press hold down turbo and press X while running to the basket, and while in the air, press B and you're teammate should pass it to you and you should dunk it(unless you get blocked of course).
#5SuperSonicDBZPosted 1/31/2011 9:19:55 PM
Ah... then I must be really close to it, or the fact that I have to be the one to do the Alley Oop is the issue.

I pull them off all the time, but my CPU partner never gets the pass to me. I spent 1 whole game trying to unlock Dr. J but its not working.

I must be a real nub or something. I'd figured I'd get it by going through most of campaign mode, but I am 3 games away from completion and I still don't have it.

Thanks for the help, nonetheless.
---
If it is short and has a light saber, then you need to get the **** outta there!!!
Yoda in Soul Calibur IV; Sonic w/ Beam Sword in Super Smash Bros Brawl.