Need help with Golems of Amgarrak (Spoilers)

#1raisindotPosted 2/3/2011 10:32:07 AM
Hi, I'm asking here because the GOA board has barely anyone on it.

Anyway, this one is the toughest of all the extras so far. The supporting NPCs are so incredibly weak that they nearly always get wiped out when there's any battle against any adversary of any strength.

My character is a level 33 arcane warrior, bad to the bone, who generally ends up fighting the last baddies standing alone.

But here I've somehow figured out (by activating the "red mist") how to get to the cavern where the "Harvest Monster" is, and these things are just killing me. the NPCs are gone within seconds, and every second a whole bunch of new skull monsters pop up and clean my clock. Is there something I need to do here to get rid of the skull monsters so I can focus on killing the Harvest Monster? And is this the final battle? It's not clear, because I still haven't figure out how to get the color code comination to get past the 'pink misted' door in the north-west areas that apparently leads to a room with two more switches behind it. Do I need to do this first before attempting the Harvest Monster or does defeating said baddie somehow allow me to turn off the pink mist switch?

Honestly, I'm thinking of giving up at this point.

Susie
#2echa_OnePosted 2/3/2011 7:36:47 PM
I assume the Harvest Monster you talk about is the Harvester (the 4-legged small monster jumps into a dead monster and becomes big). That is the final battle in the DLC, yes. After you defeat it, you'll see the ending and the credit straight away. So if you haven't get past any door, then you have to do it before fighting the boss. IIRC, you get another golem's upgrade if you want to get the trophy.

As for the PCs, they are indeed very weak. I ended up fighting the boss with my main, too. The boss has two phases, so your PCs will get up when the boss switch to phase 2 and you can heal up. I assume you're going for the Hard mode trophy? You gotta start and end the battle on Hard (eg. you can start at Casual then change to Hard when it's about to die, I tried it, lol). I setup the tactics so the PCs heal themselves when their HP is below 75% (90% for that tank) using poultices. I had more than 200 poultices though, so it wasn't a problem but boy they drink the poultices like there's no tomorrow...

One thing you can do is to go back to your level 33 AW in Awakening, I assume. Grab the best equipment for Rogue and a tank Warrior and start Amgarrak again so you can equip those to your PCs. A bit of a trouble, but it helps if you're having a tough time.
---
Our opinions may differ. The question is; do you respect my opinion as I do yours?
#3echa_OnePosted 2/3/2011 11:37:33 PM
EDIT: You gotta start and end the battle on Hard (eg. you canNOT start at Casual then change to Hard when it's about to die, I tried it, lol).

^what was I thinking when typing that xD

The second phase is much easier than the first phase, btw. Try to kill the skeleton adds first because they come in waves and it'll be a problem if they are not killed. The boss has frontal AoE so make it so your characters attack from behind the boss with the tank in front.
---
Our opinions may differ. The question is; do you respect my opinion as I do yours?
More topics from this board...
CombatAlphaSnoWulf110/30 11:33PM