Frigi and Igno

#1cell900900Posted 11/16/2011 8:17:08 AM
Are Frigi and Igno in this game
#2EkaruPosted 11/16/2011 3:18:34 PM
Yes! ...Well, they look different (Igno changed a lot more than Frigi), but they're in, in a way.

They're event dinosaurs that you download over WiFi. You can currently download Ignosaurus; later on it'll be Frigi, then some boneysaur-related event, and finally we'll be able to download the dinosaurian event. Anyways, when you select your save file, choose "Multiplayer", then "Wi-Fi", and there should be an option in the lower right-hand corner that lets you "download" game data. Then Igno will be on the fossil lawn at Rank 1, ready for use in its medal form.
#3Second_ChancesPosted 11/16/2011 3:41:08 PM
It's really impractical to use it early though, since it needs 200FP to use it's only attack, and it starts at 1, which is hard to grind up from.
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground
#4EkaruPosted 11/16/2011 7:33:30 PM
Second_Chances posted...
It's really impractical to use it early though, since it needs 200FP to use it's only attack, and it starts at 1, which is hard to grind up from.

Just get like 8K DP then. With 8K DP, you can buy enough battle points to get an entire team up to rank 20, the max rank in this game. Though yeah, you have to stick it in a reserve slot and do lots of battles, which isn't that practical until post-game where you can get like 20 battle points per a battle.

Though, beating those teams in the Team Plaza that use low-rank Igno is a blast, and an easy way to get some nice fossils. ~ One of them got me a Squick, actually, which was nice.
#5zx1a2Posted 11/21/2011 10:35:53 AM
Ekaru posted...
Yes! ...Well, they look different (Igno changed a lot more than Frigi), but they're in, in a way.

They're event dinosaurs that you download over WiFi. You can currently download Ignosaurus; later on it'll be Frigi, then some boneysaur-related event, and finally we'll be able to download the dinosaurian event. Anyways, when you select your save file, choose "Multiplayer", then "Wi-Fi", and there should be an option in the lower right-hand corner that lets you "download" game data. Then Igno will be on the fossil lawn at Rank 1, ready for use in its medal form.

A Dinosaurian event? So does that mean we'll be able to get the Dinosaurians for use again? Because I was really hoping it'd be possible to get Duna again, I used her non-stop after getting her in the last game.
#6EkaruPosted 11/21/2011 10:59:08 AM
zx1a2 posted...
A Dinosaurian event? So does that mean we'll be able to get the Dinosaurians for use again? Because I was really hoping it'd be possible to get Duna again, I used her non-stop after getting her in the last game.

Once we get the event, yes, you should be able to, but you'd have to clear the event first. It'll take us a while to get the event, though, so look at the pretty art in the meantime:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/vdej/haishin/index.html
#7zx1a2Posted 11/21/2011 2:06:56 PM
Ekaru posted...
zx1a2 posted...

Once we get the event, yes, you should be able to, but you'd have to clear the event first. It'll take us a while to get the event, though, so look at the pretty art in the meantime:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/vdej/haishin/index.html

That is AWESEOME. But, um, is there anywhere that tells us when and for how long each download is out? I know Igno's out, I got him already, but I looked all over the game's site on the Nintendo site and couldn't find any clues on this, I don't wanna go and miss something...
#8HarvmoonmaniacPosted 11/24/2011 12:02:26 PM
It's Dinaurian, NOT Dinosaurian!
Sorry if I'm too techinacal but that's the way I am...
---
Shooters like 'Call of Duty' are WAY too realistic for me, I prefer the science fiction of Metroid Prime, I kill aliens with a laser, not people with bullets.
#9zx1a2Posted 11/24/2011 12:14:46 PM
Harvmoonmaniac posted...

Y'know, that's actually kinda what I was thinking, too, I just called it what the other guy did. Although it is possible that's just the US name of the species and that Dinosaurian is how it is in the original Japanese, it wouldn't be the first time names got changed in tranlsation by a long shot. XD
#10EkaruPosted 11/24/2011 12:20:19 PM
Harvmoonmaniac posted...

I screwed up, my bad! :P