Gold Superfossil

#1PeterSuzukiPosted 11/16/2011 9:16:32 PM
A word of caution to those who dig up a gold T-Rex "super fossil'; it is NOT for every Vivosaur.

I assigned mine to my Triceratops thinking it would enchance its SZ abilities; Well while it did enhance its attack boost SZ ability, it also resulted in a -12% defense SV that nearly got my entire team killed.

The gold superfossil seems to be meant for whatever lead attacker you plan on using, and NOT really for the SV supporters on your team.

Anybody know of a better Vivosaur to assign the gold superfossil to?
#2RaptressPosted 11/16/2011 10:14:50 PM
The thing about Super Evolvers is that, while they're powerful, they have downsides to balance them out. You could try to negate the negative SZ effects with another vivosaur, or you could pair Heracles up with another mid-range vivosaur in the AZ instead.

You could try Raja though if you don't want to use Heracles; you probably have one of those. His attacks need a lot of FP, but that's pretty much a common trait for all Super Evolvers. If you need a water-type, Mapo has a Super Evolver form too - you can get him from the glacier.
#3PeterSuzuki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 12:03:47 PM
I suppose the major problem for me was that I was expecting it to act like the silver superfossil, and just power up my Vivosaur, instead of completely changing its role in my team.

Primarily I use my Triceratops to buff up my attackers, but when it suddenly makes my attacking Vivosaurs super easy to kill, it kind of ruins my plans.

I attached a second gold superfossil I dug up to my Krypto, but it does not seem to have produced much of a change...

Maybe I should have tried Raja like you said.
#4VirusChrisPosted 11/17/2011 12:35:38 PM
Raja was the first Vivosaur I used the Gold Fossil as his one of my two main Attackers, him and Dimetro (Silver Fossil form), when I was debating to use it on my starter Vivosaur or my Raja seeing as I needed another power-house to help defeat my opponents.

I remember in the first game I lost one battle legit, but in this sequel I lost a few times already! It's much more challenging and I like it!

Anyway is it possible to get more Super Gold Fossils? Where and when can I get more?
---
"Invoke... VIRUS SOUL!!!" ~ From my VirusChris manga project
PSN: VirusChris / JP PSN: UirusuKurisu / XboxLIVE: UtlimVirusChris
#5EkaruPosted 11/17/2011 7:58:00 PM
VirusChris posted...
Anyway is it possible to get more Super Gold Fossils? Where and when can I get more?

To put it simply, you can start evolving vivosaurs as soon as you can start getting DP. As in, before the first round. However, the gold ones cost 2500 DP.

However, you can dig up Wondrous fossils, so I imagine that it'd be the same here, except with an extremely low chance of finding one.
#6RaptressPosted 11/17/2011 8:07:35 PM
Not all vivosaurs have Super Evolver forms. You can tell beforehand by the message that pops up when you go to use it on them. It will tell you that a Super Evolver may emerge. If it says something may happen, it'll just add to their stats (more than a silver fossil does).

You can get more Miraculous Fossils from the donation shop, by digging them up, and I believe the normal shop might sell them on rare occasions too. You probably need the fossil chip upgrades for your sonar to find them in the field. They - along with Wondrous Fossils - come from the yellow dots on your sonar.

Oh, and the quality of the cleaning matters. You get better stat additions from a 100-point gold fossil. So save before you clean.
#7PeterSuzuki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 9:50:52 PM
Raptress posted...
Not all vivosaurs have Super Evolver forms. You can tell beforehand by the message that pops up when you go to use it on them. It will tell you that a Super Evolver may emerge. If it says something may happen, it'll just add to their stats (more than a silver fossil does).

Ah, so that's what I am supposed to be looking for.

Oh, and you can start finding the super fossils after filling out the two fossil chip upgrades; wonder and miracle fossils do appear in the field after this, but they are VERY rare; I do not have an exact ratio, but I have dug up over ten wonderous fossils, and only two micracle fossils as of now.

Oh, and to anyone about to clean them; use JUST the regular drill. They are both very fragile, and the hammer will break the fossil very easily. I do not even want to think about what the mega-hammer would do to them...
#8LightHawKnightPosted 11/17/2011 11:21:47 PM
That is some useful news. I just got my first gold fossil, seems a bit hard to get a 100%, got 99 twice after reloading... Upgrading my Spinaxe made his attacks cost way too much fp... more than double. It really isn't worth it at this moment. Maybe when I get 110 regen first.

---
If I need you I'll give you a signal.' What signal?" I'll imitate the scream of a terrified little girl
Official Knight of Gamefaqs
#9OmnimonX9Posted 11/21/2011 2:24:37 PM
Although you can get them relatively early in the game, that doesn't necessarily mean that you should USE them then. Super Evolvers are much better suited for when you reach a higher level, due to the extreme FP costs for their attacks. Although i will say this, my spinax hit about 65 with his first attack. After evolving, he hits from the 90-110 range. They are VERY superior to normal dinosaurs, but only if you can use them.

At least Giga Spinax isnt like Igno, 200 FP for his first attack is... well just a BIT much...
#10LightHawKnightPosted 11/21/2011 3:36:12 PM

Although you can get them relatively early in the game, that doesn't necessarily mean that you should USE them then. Super Evolvers are much better suited for when you reach a higher level, due to the extreme FP costs for their attacks. Although i will say this, my spinax hit about 65 with his first attack. After evolving, he hits from the 90-110 range. They are VERY superior to normal dinosaurs, but only if you can use them.

At least Giga Spinax isnt like Igno, 200 FP for his first attack is... well just a BIT much...

Giga Spinax isn't that bad, 110 FP for its attack is bearable somewhat early on, well once you get 110 FP regen that is, or when you get yourself a Compso.

---
If I need you I'll give you a signal.' What signal?" I'll imitate the scream of a terrified little girl
Official Knight of Gamefaqs